OMG Cancel or go Walt Disney World Solo

shawnbrig

Disney here I come
DVC Premium
Long story short. On July 29th I added last minute trip to Disney World to my cousins wedding in Fort Lauderdale, Florida which I knew I was flying in for and had booked the tickets months in advance. Me traveling from Houston, my friend T traveling from Michigan. T had to cancel as off this morning. So I have the wedding in Ft. Lauderdale from August 8th to the 11th.

I'm a single, 42 year old Gay Black male, with no kids who still thinks Disney is the perfect vacation, for people of all ages. Things to do, eating at nice restaurants, on short trips a tour, or 5 day trips parks for about 4 hours then go back to the great Villas, then dinner and fireworks, room service and DVC movies rentals in room on the day off from the parks.

*** had to insert this here *** As I was about to close with a little more information about me before asking the question, my brain goes off on a tangent below in {}.

{I am not a Disney fanatic, but I am a DVC member with a few home resorts. Explanation of not a fanatic. There is nothing wrong with being a fanatic. I just don't know every movie, song, don't have to eat every new cupcake, never buy souvenirs. If your a DVC member does that automatically make you a Disney Fanatic? OMG maybe I am a Disney fanatic but I don't know it, or want to admit it.} Everything in brackets { } was written because I was wrote "DVC member with a couple (couple = 2) home resorts", then said I better put a few (2 or more) because couple would be a lie. That started the conversation in my head ... am I a Disney fanatic?

So I have a Gold Season Pass, rooms are on points, I will already be in Florida.

Should I go solo?

Yes. I think you should go. I have benn tice by myself and a few times to Disneyland alone as well. They are awesome trips if you are okay with it yourself. Yes there a sometimes something great happens and you wish you had someone to share it with but it is so awesome to just do what you want. Change you plans and it affects no one else. Eat where you want. Get early and not disturb anyone. Give it a try! :)

Oh yes, go solo! I can't wait for my first solo trip ... someday. You have the pass and the points. GO!

I say GO! I've done WDW solo on day-trips, and had a lot of fun. I'm going solo for several days at the end of August, and look forward to it!

I say go. If you're a DVC member, then you know you have many more trips to look forward to in the future. So if everything is already booked for this one, why not try a solo adventure to see if you like it? It will certainly be different than your usual trips with friends, but different doesnt have to mean bad. And you will truly not be reliant on anyone else's schedule or needs. How often does one get that kind of freedom on a Disney trip?? Do it!

Sure, I love having people with me, but I also go solo from time to time. It is nice to be able to do exactly what YOU want to do, instead of what everyone else wants to do. Pamper yourself. I often book a one bedroom unit just for me at OKW, that wonderful in-room jacuzzi, washer, dryer, full kitchen to make breakfast...you can't beat it.

shawnbrig: If you want someone to discourage you from going solo, you're in the wrong place! Of course you should go! How could you not go?

Regardless how you call it, fanatic or not, you don't post any reason why you shouldn't go. You only write about why you should go :) If there aren't any doubts, the decision is easy: Go.

I don't see why you wouldn't want to go solo. I mean, you then pretty much control the whole experience.

OK I have decided to go SOLO. I was able to downgrade from 1 bedrooms to studios at my favorite resort AKJ the 11th to the 14th. Then the next 2 nights at BLT in lake view 1 bedroom. The rest of the time was to be spent at Universal, but we will see how the first few days go.

Yes. I think you should go. I have benn tice by myself and a few times to Disneyland alone as well. They are awesome trips if you are okay with it yourself. Yes there a sometimes something great happens and you wish you had someone to share it with but it is so awesome to just do what you want. Change you plans and it affects no one else. Eat where you want. Get early and not disturb anyone. Give it a try! :)
I know for sure that I like myself, and I get the feeling that people who know me like me. You spend a lot of time in line. Normally your with someone and your engaging in small talk, talking about and looking at your surroundings ... blah blah blah. I bring headphones to listen to music, I am sure I will probably end up engaging in small talk with the people around me. Dinner alone, I had dinner at the bar at flying fish when my travel partner when home the day before I did. I will have to read some of the solo trip reports. I should go buy a camera tomorrow and document my solo journey.

Sure, I love having people with me, but I also go solo from time to time. It is nice to be able to do exactly what YOU want to do, instead of what everyone else wants to do. Pamper yourself. I often book a one bedroom unit just for me at OKW, that wonderful in-room jacuzzi, washer, dryer, full kitchen to make breakfast...you can't beat it.
I hear you. I fill up the tub with hot water and dump in the whole tube of shampoo and body wash in to create my bubbles. I try to have one every afternoon before dinner.

I like taking photos and video but when you are with a group everyone wants to keep moving and I would delay them or feel like I was holding them back. On solo trips I was so relaxed with the photography. It almost always turns aout better than when you are snapping a picture and turning to catch up with people at the same time.

Go and enjoy yourself. You might have more time to explore Disney and other Orlando attractions .

I came very close to doing a solo trip this year. Sadly I got hit with some unexpected finances. Maybe next year! :rolleyes:

Hope you had a wonderful time! These days I hardly manage to get grown up time on a vacation, let alone ALONE time. You may be the envy of every parent you see.

We have three contracts at two resorts and don’t consider ourselves fanatics. My house will never be in the member magazine! Not a Mickey hand towel in sight. We just love a good vacation and Disney is always a good vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!