On a Scale of 1-10, 10 being the most strick

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
how strict were you with your kids, and then how strict were your parents on you

I was about a 5 with my daughter

My parents were about a 3 with me, hardly had any rules, but when I come home with a bad report card my dad wanted to "bust" me

I’m going to say about a 7. Some would disagree but then they’re about a 2. My parents, it’s kind of complicated as I have steps (and an ex step) in there. Ranged from 4-5 for some and abusive by others.

My dad was strict, but my mom ruled, and she was much more lax with me than I am with my kids. I'd say she was about a 3, and I'm more 5-6. I'd like to be more on top of things but I'm just terrible at micromanaging.

Started out at about a 4 and have crept up to about a 6-7. DD couldn't handle the freedom given to her so we tightened up and took away some freedoms. She can earn them back if she proves she can handle the responsibility that goes along with them.

how strict were you with your kids, and then how strict were your parents on you

I was about a 5 with my daughter

My parents were about a 3 with me, hardly had any rules, but when I come home with a bad report card my dad wanted to "bust" me
My parents, around an 8 (dad was an Army officer). Me, with my kids, probably around a 6/7. Compared to the parents of my kid's friends, I was probably about a 9.

My parents were strict so I’d say 5-6. Of course they relaxed as we all got older and I have a sense of pride that none of us (4) ever got more than a parking ticket and have all kept our noses clean.

I raised my daughter pretty much the same way. Set the rules early and made sure they were remembered at all times. Now that she’s older I don’t have to worry about her behaviour or falling in with the wrong crowd. She knows what is expected and acts accordingly. In return, she gets a lot of freedom because I trust her. I am proud of who she is and who she is becoming.

I'm about a 5 with my kids. I could be more on top of things, but I'm not. My parents were about a 9.

My parents, around an 8 (dad was an Army officer). Me, with my kids, probably around a 6/7. Compared to the parents of my kid's friends, I was probably about a 9.
This is me too.

Dad was a marine corps officer. He was an 11, my mom was an 8.

I would say hubby and I were a solid 6/7. It was very important to us that our kids understand why we had rules and that the consequences fit the punishment.

My parents were a lot stricter than myself. I’m more easy going, but some of the rules I had when growing up were bizarre so it really is hard to judge.

Hard to say, there were 6 of us, 5 boys so my parents had to be pretty strict or it's no telling what those boys would have done. At home, we were pretty much allowed a good bit of freedom but out in public we were the best behaved kids you have ever seen. Mom and Dad or either one of them could take all 6 of us anywhere and no problems. I was raised in the 50s and 60s so discipline was different from now. But my parents were pretty progressive and believed we had to make our own mistakes to learn so unless we were breaking the law, we didn't have a lot of rules. I'd say they were probably 4 or 5. I was about the same with my son, I didn't have a lot of rules but he better follow the ones I had or it wouldn't be pretty. He likes to say he knew exactly where the line was a liked to put his toe on it but not cross it.

My parents were 10+. DH’s parents were a -1. I got way too much and DH admittedly said he got too little. When the kids were little we were a 5-7. Although some of the shenanigans DS pulled upped it to a 10. Now that they are teens starting the approach to adulthood and we’re now older as parents too, we’ve loosen up a lot to 2-4. They know our expectations and rules by now which isn’t much. We’re more of a gps for them, yet they are now solely in charge of their destination.

My parents were fair. But my personality is such is I have always tried not to get into trouble. That has haunted me recently at work because I was marked down for taking on too many things in my review. Ah, I don't see out these projects, managers seek me out to do them. The one thing that HAS change, we keep adding managers! Staff of 70 workers, 10 managers!

My DS I think would be okay with how he was treat.

DD is 27 and still gives us a hard time about not being able to go to a concert, on a school night, during finals week!. That wasn't an issue for DW and I, concerts were always on Friday and Saturday night when we were kids.

Different sctrictness for different things and at different times. Some things were no negotiable, some were.

Had a fairly lax curfew for all three but with dd we eased up more due to the fact she could easily call and let us know she would be late, for instance.

My parents were about a 4. We ranged from 3-6, I guess.

In my childhood DM was a 9, my DF as a 3 so on average a 6.

My DS I was a 3 or a 10 depending on the situation. I picked my battles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter