On Disneyland Restriction

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
I’m so sad... I’m on Disneyland restriction for a while. I’m 35 weeks pregnant and having some contractions so we’re done until after the baby comes and he’s old enough to take to the parks. (I’m still wondering what age that is... any input is welcome!)

Happy that I took my son on Sunday for our last “just us” Disney day. It was really nice. Rode a few rides, did a bunch of character meet and greets (including Santa!), ate a lot of treats, ha ha. But what will I do without my Disney fix for a few months??? I am truly addicted!

Goofing around with Mickey...

A2896474-13F6-416F-B97B-EDB8699DB5AC.jpeg

Aww, but congrats on being close to your new squish arriving!

We took A when she was six weeks old. She spent most of the time in a carrier.
Thank you! Soooo excited!

I’m really happy to see that you were comfortable taking a baby that young because that is kind of the age I was hoping (although my parents and friends tell me I’m bonkers). They way I see it, at that age they are either in the stroller (covered) or in the carrier (covered). As long as I’m good about washing my hands and using hand sanitizer (which I’m religious with), I feel like baby won’t be exposed to much more than anywhere else public (and I’m not big on staying sequestered in the house with a baby!). I will of course talk to the pediatrician about it before venturing out!

I don't have kids, but my friends that do, have brought them as young as 6 weeks. So I guess as long as the baby is healthy they should be fine. They used a baby sling? (I think that's what it's called..told you I don't have kids lol).

My nom-medical opinion:

In a carrier (not a stroller, but an Ergo or sling or such), as soon as you feel like you can manage and feeding is figured out.

Stroller, 2 months (or after that first set of shots. You're going to be pushing the travel system, turn your back to interact with your older kiddo, and a runny-nosed little one is going to run up to touch baby... Or at least that was always my experience!

My nom-medical opinion:

In a carrier (not a stroller, but an Ergo or sling or such), as soon as you feel like you can manage and feeding is figured out.

Stroller, 2 months (or after that first set of shots. You're going to be pushing the travel system, turn your back to interact with your older kiddo, and a runny-nosed little one is going to run up to touch baby... Or at least that was always my experience!

I’m planning on utilizing this to block the would-be baby infectors!

77F56E44-8DFE-40E1-8908-44E70BCBDF48.jpeg

We’re also coming into cold and flu season unfortunately. Or, I guess we’re already here, lol. My 2nd child was born in the thick of the scary bird flu in 2009. Our pediatrician strongly recommended keeping her out of large public areas until she was 8 or 10 weeks old (sorry, can’t remember which one, but I think it was 10 weeks). In any case, I would think 10 weeks would be the absolute max you would need to wait with an otherwise healthy baby. But the best part is that since you’re the Mom...you get to decide what’s best for your family! Congrats on the new addition!

We’re also coming into cold and flu season unfortunately. Or, I guess we’re already here, lol. My 2nd child was born in the thick of the scary bird flu in 2009. Our pediatrician strongly recommended keeping her out of large public areas until she was 8 or 10 weeks old (sorry, can’t remember which one, but I think it was 10 weeks). In any case, I would think 10 weeks would be the absolute max you would need to wait with an otherwise healthy baby. But the best part is that since you’re the Mom...you get to decide what’s best for your family! Congrats on the new addition!
Yes, this is my second January baby. Such a bummer to worry during cold and flu season. I feel like I took it to the extreme with my first and stayed too isolated. Of course cold and flu season lasts until May and I’m not keen on hanging out in the house for four months (and neither is my 4 year old!)! I’ll have to kind of play it by ear after he’s here I think.... but great points all around!

Ours were foster babies, preemies, not really healthy. All were out and about the community right away. Days old to 7 weeks but a 10 week preemie. They never got sick. The 10 week preemie went at 5 mos actual. The days old 1 month preemie went at 4ish months after having had RSV at home. We checked with the dr it was ok to take her. Yup and we had to fly.

I would just take them as soon as you’re comfortable with all the walking and want to go. You’re close so you can stay as short as you want or need.

Aww, congratulations! And I officially feel old...I can’t even remember at what age we took my youngest (10 now) for the first time. :faint: :scratchin Enjoy these sweet baby years - cliche, but man does it fly! :sad1:

Aww, congratulations! And I officially feel old...I can’t even remember at what age we took my youngest (10 now) for the first time. :faint: :scratchin Enjoy these sweet baby years - cliche, but man does it fly! :sad1:

Thank you! I agree that is goes by so fast. I feel like my 4 year old was literally just a baby! By the way, I officially feel old too... well, considering I’m having a baby! I’m 41 years old! :upsidedow Such a blessing and a miracle! I can’t wait to dress this little guy up in his first Disney outfit and take my two boys to the parks!

If I lived there I would have taken my son the instant I felt up to it. I was a strict babywearer so he would have been right on me, and I was an exclusive nurser for quite a long time so anything I came into contact with his food source would start reflecting any antibodies I made. Brilliant system.

As long as I’m good about washing my hands and using hand sanitizer (which I’m religious with)

Babies suck on hands. If you wouldn’t let baby drink from the bottle of sanitizer, maybe rethink your use of it. Washing hands regularly and not touching railings etc is important!

We took our December baby when she was 2 months old! Lots of baby wearing, though she did spend a bit of time in the car seat stroller (of course, that's when she decided to have a giant blowout diaper that soaked the car seat and the bottom of the stroller....).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter