On free dining plan - do they differentiate child/adult meal credits?

happymommy

DIS Veteran
On free dining plan - do they differentiate child/adult meal credits? I am reading a lot of posts regarding folks paying OOP for some little eaters - to save for buffets, etc... My DS9 is one very little eater - maybe an order of fries and he's done. My question is... when you get your credits (which I'll have put only on my card if we go) does WDW differentiate, or is it just xTS, xCS, and xSnacks?

Please, no flames. It's just I'm confused.

Many thanks!

No, they do not differentiate. The credits are all pooled into TS, CS and snack.

Nope ... it is not catagorized into Adult and Child.

If you stay 5 nights with 4 people your party has
20TS
20CS
20SN

That they may spend anyway you choose during your vacation.

And that comes from the WDW dining plan brochure.

WDWO

When we went last September they knew how many child credits/adult credits I had by swiping the card??? I remember because there was only one place I wanted to get the kids the adult CS meal, and that was Pizzafari in AK......He told me that if I was gonna get 4 pizzas for my 2 adults/2children that I would end up later having to eat a child's meal for 2 of the adults. So some how they did know this, and I was thankful he told me we just ended up getting the kids the kids meal.
So I'm wondering has it changed since?

It hasn't changed. What he described is the way the dining plan is sold, not the way it is currently administered.

LaDonna said:
When we went last September they knew how many child credits/adult credits I had by swiping the card??? I remember because there was only one place I wanted to get the kids the adult CS meal, and that was Pizzafari in AK......He told me that if I was gonna get 4 pizzas for my 2 adults/2children that I would end up later having to eat a child's meal for 2 of the adults. So some how they did know this, and I was thankful he told me we just ended up getting the kids the kids meal.
So I'm wondering has it changed since?

I think that was one seriously confused CM. The credits stored in your central account are just lumped together. Sometimes you have to wonder about the training, or lack of, that they put people through.

We had a similar experience as LaDonna at some counter service places last fall. The card has, on the face of it, "Disney Dining A03C01" (I have the card in my hand now, so I know that this is true) so the counter service CMs know that you can't order 4 adult meals, only 3 adult meals and 1 child meal.. The computer credits, however, do not differentiate. I assume if we were willing to go through the line 2 times, with different CMs, that we technically could order 4 adult meals that way. However, we found that there was more than enough food to feed the 4 of us.

Palendat said:
We had a similar experience as LaDonna at some counter service places last fall. The card has, on the face of it, "Disney Dining A03C01" (I have the card in my hand now, so I know that this is true) so the counter service CMs know that you can't order 4 adult meals, only 3 adult meals and 1 child meal.. The computer credits, however, do not differentiate. I assume if we were willing to go through the line 2 times, with different CMs, that we technically could order 4 adult meals that way. However, we found that there was more than enough food to feed the 4 of us.

Oh, so that is how they knew......I love when finally am not confused anymore :rotfl2:
Yeah, this time around we are doing this quite different. For one me and hubby will be celebrating our 10 yr anniversary so we are going to a 2TS dinner this time. And we definately plan on splitting meals this time. Some places the serving size was just right, but there were MANY where we just all couldn't finish what they gave us. And I really hated wasting all that food.
We could also just eat a breakfast bar or something in the morning and eat a very early lunch so by time we eat our dinner we are not still full from lunch :teeth:

Palendat said:

100% correct. I guess servers are told to go with what's on the card.

As an aside, our card had 2 adults and 2 children due to one of the kids listed on my parents' card (reservation setup wrong...we just went with it at checkin). We tried to order 2 adult and 3 kids meals on my card and the Flame Tree wouldn't allow that. Really confused them, and the manager also wouldn't allow it. If we'd just asked them to ring it up as two orders to start with, or had my DW right behind me ordering 2 of the meals, it would've been fine.

So it's not the computer or pool of credits, it's the fierce adherence (to the (lone?) rule) of servers following the small-print on the card. Since I've heard of others paying with credits for friends at meals, it may just be CS issues, or Flame Tree issues. Btw, the Flame Tree food was great, and so plentiful that 3 or 4 meals would've filled all 5 of us up. :)

When we were there in September with 2 adults and 2 juniors, our room ID cards said 4 adult DDP on each card. When dining with others we would use 2 cards to cover more than 4 people. We had a group of 7 adults once and used our TS credits to pay the bill for all, even though only 4 of us were on the DDP. The server just range our bill up with 2 of our 4 cards. Yes even though the credits are pooled as discussed, the actual ID cards DO INDEED say who and how many people are on the dining plan. We will be doing the dining plan again next week since we are DVC members and can now purchase the dining plan for our reservations. We will be 2 adults this time, but plan to dine with lots of other family members and friends while there, so we plan to pay for other peoples meals with our credits and pay OOP for other meals not covered (we also have the DDE card too). This is funny that this subject came up again, because recently I posted that my card said 4 adults DDP on it and someone tried to tell me it doesn't....duh, I also have my card right here because my grandson didn't use his 1 day ticket, so we are holding on to it to apply it to his AP renewal this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter