On the Adventure of the Seas right now...

Royal's shows are amazing. Totally blow DCL's shows out of the water, no pun intended.

Glad to see more dining options than just the Jammer. OCD question: were the buffets self-serve in the dining room, or were there staff plating the food?

I absolutely agree. I have to say that while I liked DCL shows for their quality/decor, I liked Carnival's variety but IMO, RCCL beats all of them.

It was self-served in the dining room as well. But there is always a menu you can order from.

@mevelandry , Judging by the posting dates, I guess you're back home. We've been on Adventure OTS twice in the past couple years, both out of Bayonne, NJ - once to Bahamas/Port Canaveral and the other to Maine/Canada. Thoroughly enjoyed both cruises, and we'll be on her again this summer, again from Bayonne, this time to the Caribbean. I enjoyed seeing your pictures and they brought back some good memories. I hope you had a chance to see the ice show also; amazing what they can do on a fairly small rink. Our staterooms on the two cruises were on decks 8 and 9, and those had been refurbished and were quite nice. We also liked the location, as they were close to 11, which is the pool/Windjammer deck. Looks like you had a great time!

@mevelandry , Judging by the posting dates, I guess you're back home. We've been on Adventure OTS twice in the past couple years, both out of Bayonne, NJ - once to Bahamas/Port Canaveral and the other to Maine/Canada. Thoroughly enjoyed both cruises, and we'll be on her again this summer, again from Bayonne, this time to the Caribbean. I enjoyed seeing your pictures and they brought back some good memories. I hope you had a chance to see the ice show also; amazing what they can do on a fairly small rink. Our staterooms on the two cruises were on decks 8 and 9, and those had been refurbished and were quite nice. We also liked the location, as they were close to 11, which is the pool/Windjammer deck. Looks like you had a great time!

Hi!

Yes, I am back home (and back to work... Bleh!) ... Thank you very much.

Yes, we have seen the ice show and loved it. I still don't understand how they manage to get out of that show alive. It was extremely impressive to watch.

With the exception of two very noisy neighbours, I have to say that Deck 2 was more pleasant than anticipated.

Hi, @mevelandry We'll be on the Adventure of the seas in a few months. We were on Anthem of the Seas last year. We were able to use our iPhone to text and facetime on the ship and also people back at home without having to pay for anything via some glitchy known thing with the ship's Wifi. Do you have an iPhone? Just wondering if you know if we'll be able to do the same thing on the Adventure of the seas. Also, what were those chocolate covered whole apples and pears for? A specific occasion? Yum! Also, the Anthem had an entire separate gluten free station at the back of the WJ. Did you happen to notice if Adventure did? Last question, we didn't buy a drink package, we brought on soda. Does the Adventure have those flavored waters? Just curious if you saw them anywhere. Thank you!

Hi, @mevelandry We'll be on the Adventure of the seas in a few months. We were on Anthem of the Seas last year. We were able to use our iPhone to text and facetime on the ship and also people back at home without having to pay for anything via some glitchy known thing with the ship's Wifi. Do you have an iPhone? Just wondering if you know if we'll be able to do the same thing on the Adventure of the seas. Also, what were those chocolate covered whole apples and pears for? A specific occasion? Yum! Also, the Anthem had an entire separate gluten free station at the back of the WJ. Did you happen to notice if Adventure did? Last question, we didn't buy a drink package, we brought on soda. Does the Adventure have those flavored waters? Just curious if you saw them anywhere. Thank you!

Hi!

We had the wifi package on the Adventure so we used facetime with it (I do not have an iPhone).

The chocolate covered fruits were on the last sea day breakfast.

I noticed GF food among other types of food but haven't noticed a specific section.

There was Strawberry-Kiwi water every day for lunch and dinner in the Windjammer.

Hi!

We had the wifi package on the Adventure so we used facetime with it (I do not have an iPhone).

The chocolate covered fruits were on the last sea day breakfast.

I noticed GF food among other types of food but haven't noticed a specific section.

There was Strawberry-Kiwi water every day for lunch and dinner in the Windjammer.
Thank you. How was the Wi-Fi? Was it the Voom only package? Was that what you got? Do you by chance recall the lowest price? Currently I believe it is $13.99 for one device, which is what we'd get. How did your connection back home seem for texting or face time overall?

Here is a random question, do you have any memory of finding the flavored water elsewhere, besides the windjammer? On the Anthem there were other places besides the windjammer that had the flavored water but not always. Without a soda or beverage package, the self serve beverages were shockingly limited

Thanks again!

Thank you. How was the Wi-Fi? Was it the Voom only package? Was that what you got? Do you by chance recall the lowest price? Currently I believe it is $13.99 for one device, which is what we'd get. How did your connection back home seem for texting or face time overall?

Here is a random question, do you have any memory of finding the flavored water elsewhere, besides the windjammer? On the Anthem there were other places besides the windjammer that had the flavored water but not always. Without a soda or beverage package, the self serve beverages were shockingly limited

Thanks again!

Yes Voom only. This is was I got. Connection was a bit spotty at times and the facetiming was slow but it was useable.

I remember seeing water (with fruits inside) at the Cafe Promenade but that's about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!