On The Beach booking advice

Lashed34

DIS Veteran
Has anyone booked an On The Beach holiday to Orlando?

I'm looking at booking a stay at Cabana Bay and it's a good price. Flights are from London with Aer Lingus.

Firstly, are they organised? Can the flights be upgraded through OTB?

Any help would be gratefully received.

I'm looking at booking a stay at Cabana Bay and it's a good price. Flights are from London with Aer Lingus.

iv herd off people book with them and then the following day they get a email saying the price went up as it’s not live pricing

In terms of flight upgrades, it's best to contact OTB directly to inquire about their policies and options for upgrading flights. They may be able to provide more information and assistance in this regard.

When booking a holiday package, it's also important to read the terms and conditions carefully to ensure that you understand what is included in the package and any restrictions or limitations that may apply.

Overall, it's always a good idea to do your research and ask questions before booking any travel arrangements to ensure that you have a smooth and enjoyable experience.

A lot of Independent travel agencies advised on their social media pages that on the beach, loveholidays and expedia have no ABTA license if one element doesn't go ahead or if flight get's cancelled you are left with the other elements such as hotel and transfers because they won't give refund for the other elements.
I understand they have ATOL protected licence but that only covers if company goes into administration.
Anyway let's think of the positive news about on the beach sometimes on the beach do great deals with airport lounge pass on most of the offers.

On The Beach is an online travel agency that offers a range of holiday packages, including flights, hotels, and transfers, to popular destinations around the world. Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a popular hotel in Orlando that offers a range of amenities and is located close to Universal Studios Florida.

In terms of organisation, On The Beach has been operating for many years and has a good reputation for providing quality holiday packages. However, as with any travel agency, there may be occasional issues or delays that can arise, particularly during busy periods.

As for flight upgrades, this will depend on the airline and the type of ticket you have purchased. Some airlines offer upgrades at an additional cost, while others may only allow upgrades for certain types of tickets. It is best to check with the airline directly or with On The Beach customer service to see if upgrades are available for your specific flight.

Overall, it is important to do your research and read reviews from other customers before booking with any travel agency or hotel. Additionally, be sure to read the terms and conditions carefully to understand what is included in your package and what is not, as well as any cancellation policies or fees.

If anything goes wrong then its OTB you have to deal with for flights etc, the airline won't speak to you until you actually fly, that can prove a bit of a nightmare on times.
All OTB do is sell you a flight and a hotel, something you can often do yourself for cheper as you are not paying thir commission.

If anything goes wrong then its OTB you have to deal with for flights etc, the airline won't speak to you until you actually fly, that can prove a bit of a nightmare on times.
All OTB do is sell you a flight and a hotel, something you can often do yourself for cheper as you are not paying thir commission.
Travel Agents and Tour Operators don't charge customers commission instead the suppliers pay the commission to Travel Agents and Tour Operators.

Travel Agents and Tour Operators don't charge customers commission instead the suppliers pay the commission to Travel Agents and Tour Operators.
True, but I bet if you price the same hotel and flight independently you will probably - not always find a better deal. Every time I've looked at on the beach or Ice lolly the price for the flight is always a bit more than say easyjet etc, £10-20 pounds.
As with everything shop around, I prefer to go direct with the airline for flights having been stung in the past, during covid people were waiting a lot lot longer for refunds via a travel agent than direct. didn't one brake Abta/ATOL rules- so left Abta rather than adhere to their rules

True, but I bet if you price the same hotel and flight independently you will probably - not always find a better deal. Every time I've looked at on the beach or Ice lolly the price for the flight is always a bit more than say easyjet etc, £10-20 pounds.
As with everything shop around, I prefer to go direct with the airline for flights having been stung in the past, during covid people were waiting a lot lot longer for refunds via a travel agent than direct. didn't one brake Abta/ATOL rules- so left Abta rather than adhere to their rules
Yes it was on the beach and love holidays that broke ABTA rules and they left the ABTA licence which means if flight gets cancelled by airline they won't be responsible for making sure the hotel refund the payments back to the original form of payment. Although they have the ATOL licence that only covers supplier failure protection if anything goes into administration.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter