On the Floor and Out the Door!: a 17 day HalloChristmas, RunDisney, MNSSHP, HHN, MVMCP adventure! new 2/8!

I love your HHN reviews.

Thank you 🥰

We never did any of the shows since we only had one night.

It's definitely hard to fit everything in in one night!

Fast and Furious is really meh to me, the walk through was the best part

Agreed!

Haha as a nurse I get your concern for the contortionist, not good for the body!

Exactly lol! it just seems so abnormal.

First and foremost I want to say thank you for everything you do being a Nurse. I’m a Barber by trade, but I also work part time as a patient transporter at Stony Brook on Long Island. Nurses restore my faith in humanity. I see you, I mean really see ALL that you guys do. I feel there are not sufficient enough words to describe the respect I have for your profession.

Thank you so much for the kind words 🥰 🥰 ! And thank you for what you do also! Transporting those beds and stretchers around the hospital is not an easy job at all and it's such a vital part of the process! I hope you and your family are safe and healthy.

I absolutely LOVED the past couple of nights reliving your trip! It’s been a great escape from reality and you truly know how to vacation! I’m so impressed by everything you were able to accomplish, and am on the edge of my seat now wanting to read the rest!

Aw wow thank you for reading and glad you're enjoying! It's gonna take me awhile to finish- I'm only on day 3 of 17 :rotfl:

Where did you find Mike’s Tigger hat? We’ve kind of made MNSSHP our family tradition for the past couple of years and always do family themed Disney costumes. This year is going to be Pooh & Friends. I was actually looking for something exactly like that for my fiancé who will be Tigger, I’ll be piglet, my MIL Pooh, our 5 year old daughter Eeyore (because of course, he’s MY favorite so naturally now her fav too! :laughing:) and our 2 year old son will be Christopher Robin. Planning and thinking about this trip is helping me keep my sanity thru all of this!

Aw your family's costumes sound perfect! I ordered his hat online- it ended up being a child's hat and kinda small on his head lol but it served its purpose. If you want to send me a message with your address, I'll be happy to send it to you!

I've seen them at different Halloween events before and they're just not my cup of tea lol.
No.
This is a contortionist:

and this is tea:

Completely different.

You're welcome.
Hmm not sure why, could you elaborate?
I can! ::yes::::yes::
🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ It was strange to me but all I can think is that maybe they had issues previously during the event?
I can see that. If they have a crowd of charged up teen boys preventing them from being able to move around or something like that.

I felt the same way, I liked the year before's show better but I know a lot of people felt the opposite way.

Yeah idk what it was about last year, it just wasn't as good I felt.

That's so strange, I don't think I ever saw/noticed any security specifically around the dancer's platforms.

Weird. Maybe they had an issue that night already and were being extra careful?

We never saw it either :rotfl: I'm not convinced it existed.

It definitely didn't :rotfl:

I want to do HHN so bad! My sister and I have started discussing a possible fall 2021 trip and I want to include HHN in this… My other sister who may or may not be in for the trip is a spook at a local haunt most years, so she lives for spooky stuff. Killer Klowns is one movie that terrified me so thoroughly I’m not sure I could handle the house… ugh I still occasionally have nightmares about it.

If you can, you should definitely try it at least once! It's a great event and they put so much detail into the houses. There's so much going on that it's nearly impossible to see it all in one night! Plus, each year it's a completely different event than the year before!

It sounds like some of the houses are great, and others are just so-so, but overall it seems like a great event. I’ll definitely have to keep looking into it…

Yeah, every year there are houses that are the most popular and then others that aren't as well received but it's still interesting to see all the different concepts.

MIB is one of my favorite rides of all time. I love the movie, I feel like the shooting works better than Buzz… just overall love it. We rode it 2 or 3 times in one day when we went to Universal because we all love it so much.

I love that ride too! The shooting is so much better than Buzz lol

Completely different.

You're welcome.

Thank you so much- I feel much more educated now.

I can see that. If they have a crowd of charged up teen boys preventing them from being able to move around or something like that.

Yeah on our second night at HHN, we saw a couple situations where people were acting crazy and we saw one guy get kicked out!

Tribute Store and Marathon of Mayhem

It was 9 pm at this point and we were right near the Tribute Store so we decided to take a look around.

The Tribute Store is built specifically for HHN and there's a lot of props set up, in addition to merch for sale.

Mike asked if I thought he should buy this mask. Steve and I told him he looked better with it :scared: :rotfl:

There was a TM taking photos with a Ghostbusters background so, of course, we stopped.

And they changed up their poses from the usual!

Who you gonna call?

Then was the Stranger Things section and I was having fun making Mike take pictures of me.

I facetimed my sister Kim from the store because there was a Stranger Things AP shirt she was looking for. They only had XXL so I asked a TM and they said they were sold out of all other sizes so she ended up settling on another Stranger Things shirt. Spoiler alert: I ended up finding the shirt she was originally looking for in the UOAP lounge a few days later!

When we left the Tribute Store, we were still in the Zombieland scare zone. A coworker had posted a video of scare actors in the porta potties a few weeks ago so I was hoping to scare Mike and Steve with it lol.

There ended up being a ton of people around so they kinda knew something was gonna happen but I didn't know it would be a zombie peeing on us. :rotfl:

Next, we walked through the Anarcade scare zone and found more chainsaws. :faint:

We decided to head back to the Stranger Things experience we saw the day before in the gift shop by the Horror Makeup Show. Someone was doing it already when we got there so we were able to see what it was beforehand. They asked for feedback at the end since it was new and that was our negative feedback- it should be behind a curtain or something cause once you know what to expect, it takes away some of the fun.

It was basically a Stranger Things video game experience. The video is long but shows the whole thing if you're interested.

After that, we had no real plans and were kinda just walking around waiting for inspiration to hit.

Conveniently we walked past the entrance to the new lagoon show, Marathon of Mayhem when a show was due to start in 15 minutes so we decided to stop and watch.

Universal's description of this show is "Watch as the lagoon transforms with a spectacle of neon and synth, featuring iconic scenes from top horror films, cult classics and TV shows in “Halloween Marathon of Mayhem”."

We found a good spot on the lowest level and sat on the ground to rest our feet until it was time for the show to start.

We weren't 100% sure what to expect of the show but I'd heard mostly positive things about it and was excited to see it. It turned out we loved it! The soundtrack was awesome and the scenes from the movies/tv shows were so much fun.

https://imgur.com/vD2FJZp

https://imgur.com/lKGs5Gf
https://imgur.com/W1AfbNM
https://imgur.com/E2eqnCX

https://imgur.com/XUsVbvI
https://imgur.com/0wtoGMD

More houses and the end of our night at HHN

As soon as the show was over, I proclaimed my love for it to Mike and Steve and told them I wanted to watch it again on our second HHN night! Thankfully, they both agreed.

The app showed Graveyard Games to be the house with the shortest wait time at 45 minutes so we decided to go for it.

This house was one of the original houses for the event and the premise was that a bunch of teenagers were goofing around in a cemetery, disrespecting the spirits. The wait only ended up being about 20 minutes but the queue itself was LONG to walk. It started in the kids area by Fievel and it felt like it might take us 45 minutes just to walk all the way to the house lol.

The line had projections with videos and messages of the teens to set up the story.

We ended up liking this house! The setup of a graveyard was cool and I liked how they laid out the story. I have something in my notes about creepy dolls in the house? I'm not sure in what context but I don't like creepy dolls lol.

At this point, it was approaching 11 pm and I was hungry and had one thing in mind- pizza fries!

This are an HHN staple for me and I was very excited to be eating them again!

Mike and Steve don't share my love for them (Steve doesn't like cheese :confused3) so they went the twisted taters route.

These were also good but didn't compared to my beloved.

We were all happy to eat and rest our feet for a few minutes. HHN is SO MUCH walking.

After our break, we walked over to the Nightingales Blood Pit house, which was posted as a 35 minute wait. This was another original house that was set in Ancient Rome. The premise was that nightingales were creatures that I guess fed on the dead bodies from the gladiator games.

Our wait ended up being about 20 minutes and we all just thought it was okay. We didn't get a great run through of it because we didn't see many scare actors at all so we agreed to try it again on our second HHN night.

After a rousing few minutes of "What do you wanna do now", followed by "I dunno what do you wanna do?", I voted we head to Diagon Alley because it's generally pretty empty during HHN.

Apparently others had the same idea because it wasn't nearly as empty as we've seen it in past years.

It seemed fitting to spend some time in Knockturn Alley.

I looked around the stores a little and Mike and Steve opted for a sitting break lol.

It was almost midnight at this point so we all agreed to head back towards the front of the park and hit one more house at the front.

Getting there required walking through the Rob Zombie scare zone again.

We saw this robot guy walking around. I have no idea what he is but I decided I loved him.

We also walked through the Zombieland scare zone again and saw the stage where the show we're convinced never happened supposedly took place lol.

The Yeti: Terror of the Yukon house was by Jimmy Fallon so we decided that would be our last house of the night. The wait time was posted at 35 minutes but there was literally no one else in line! I was very excited because my tired feet couldn't imagine waiting that long.

This was another original house and the story was that a group of campers were attacked by a yeti.

This ended up being one of my favorite houses! When we were waiting to go in, there was a cast change I guess and we saw a line of yetis exiting the house and walking off :rotfl::rotfl:. There were so many yetis! I jumped so many times during this house.

We were heading to the exit and I saw that Killer Klowns was only posted at a 20 minute wait so I begged the boys to go through it again. They relented and we only waited about 5 minutes so it was totally worth it! I loved it all over again!

As we left, Mike and Steve requested a ride on the Rip Ride Rock it to end the night and I'm never one to turn it down so I agreed!

It was a fun and terrifying ride as usual. There was no TM at the counter to get our ride photo and I meant to go back the next day to find out if it was possible to still get but forgot all about it. 🤷‍♀️

Our last stop for the night was a nice picture by the exit of our exhausted, sweaty selves.

The TM posed us for a "magic shot" where he said a zombie would be coming out of the ground but this is what we got:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:We all died laughing when we saw this!

On our last day we went to the photo shop to get our free prints included in our package and the TM was able to edit the zombie into our picture for a hard copy but the digital copy never showed up on the app lol so I'm glad we ended up getting the print.

It was basically 1 am and the end of the event when we left and the walk to the car felt never-ending. We got back to the hotel and crashed!

Next time: a special food and wine event!

Yeah on our second night at HHN, we saw a couple situations where people were acting crazy and we saw one guy get kicked out!
Really! what happened, do you know?
The Tribute Store is built specifically for HHN and there's a lot of props set up, in addition to merch for sale.
Ah. Was wondering why I'd never seen or heard of it.
Mike asked if I thought he should buy this mask. Steve and I told him he looked better with it :scared: :rotfl:
:laughing:
Who you gonna call?
Not you guys. None of you have your phones in your hands!
Then was the Stranger Things section and I was having fun making Mike take pictures of me.
Those are cool photos. I think I like those the best.
There ended up being a ton of people around so they kinda knew something was gonna happen but I didn't know it would be a zombie peeing on us. :rotfl:
:lmao:
Are you sure it wasn't just a guest?
They asked for feedback at the end since it was new and that was our negative feedback- it should be behind a curtain or something cause once you know what to expect, it takes away some of the fun.
Yeah, that would make more sense.
We weren't 100% sure what to expect of the show but I'd heard mostly positive things about it and was excited to see it. It turned out we loved it!
Love it when unexpected surprises like that happen.
We ended up liking this house! The setup of a graveyard was cool and I liked how they laid out the story.
Sounds pretty good. :)
I have something in my notes about creepy dolls in the house? I'm not sure in what context but I don't like creepy dolls lol.
Not many people do! :laughing:
At this point, it was approaching 11 pm and I was hungry and had one thing in mind- pizza fries!
Wow! Those look great!
It seemed fitting to spend some time in Knockturn Alley.
::yes::
I looked around the stores a little and Mike and Steve opted for a sitting break lol.
Wimps!!
When we were waiting to go in, there was a cast change I guess and we saw a line of yetis exiting the house and walking off
:laughing: That's one thing you sure wouldn't see at Disney!
The TM posed us for a "magic shot" where he said a zombie would be coming out of the ground but this is what we got:
OMG! A painted stripe on the road!!! The HORROR!!!

Thank you for your service, not only during this craziness, but always. Nurses are not given enough credit. Great decision for continuing to share your TR. It is a welcomed distraction and sounds like you all had a blast.

Wow, what a fun evening you all had
Good strategy to wait until late in the evening to do more houses.
A few other reports really liked the Yeti house to
I love the zombie in the ground picture, haha! Even if he isn’t there.
im excited you have many days to report on, yay!

I was surprised at how much we like Marathon of Mayhem, it was really good! So was the Graveyard Games house but I don't remember screens with info on the teens which would have been cool. I wonder if they just weren't lit up or on yet? It was like the 2nd house we did and still really early and light out. Reading your report is making me want to go again this year!

Your HHN night sounded awesome! I loved reading about it, because it's something I swear I'm going to do one day but don't actually think it'll happen. :rotfl:
You guys accomplished a lot on your first night, and I applaud your courage to ride Rip Ride Rocket at the end of the night. :laughing:

Alright. I'm convinced. HHN is on the must do list for the potential Fall 2021 trip. The yeti house sounds right up my ally.

I love the not so magic shot. :laughing:

Your reports have made me so happy these last few days! I finished your June report this morning and found this one a few days ago! Can’t wait to read more. I see you are from NY and work in the ER? God bless you!

Really! what happened, do you know?

One of the scare zones right by the entrance had women on stilts and a guy walked by a acted like he was going to kick her stilt. She summoned security over and they kicked him out! The event had literally only started like 5 minutes before! Idiot!

Not you guys. None of you have your phones in your hands!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

:lmao:
Are you sure it wasn't just a guest?

Oo yuck :scared:

Wow! Those look great!

So delicious!

Seriously- you'd think we'd been walking for hours or something!

OMG! A painted stripe on the road!!! The HORROR!!!

Ahh downright terrifying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter