Once in a lifetime experience to celebrate an engagement

When we went for our honeymoon last year we ate dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. They knew ahead of time that it was for our honeymoon and they gave us the best seat IMO. We were centrally located right next to the window and it was a perfect spot to view Fantasyland.

Not really the headliner-type experience that you're looking for, but maybe an add-on...My wife and I took a long walk around the lake at the Boardwalk/Beach Club in the evening. Was very quiet and very romantic.

I'm a fourth for the cruise. Loved it!!!!

And even my 16 and 13 YOs are still talking about the food at Cali Grill a year later. If you can't get a res by phone, you could always drop in and try to eat in the bar. Lots of couches for snuggling ;)

Horse pulled "Sleigh" ride over at Wilderness, or horse and buggy ride at Port Orleans Riverside. Ride up in the hot air balloon at Disney Springs, amphicar ride at Disney Springs.

My son proposed during a private dinner with private butler on a balcony at Grand Floridian (stayed at Beach Club so didn't have to be staying at Grand Floridian to book it). I believe the menu choices were from Citricos.

You could also check with Gifts of a Lifetime. They do special events on property. I had arranged a scavenger hunt in MK to welcome my daughter in law (not the same one from proposal above) to our family and it was a blast. They customize to what you want within your budget.

If we had a longer trip, I think we would do the cruise. We only have one night available to see Happily Ever After though and we are both really looking forward to seeing it in front of the castle. I’m guessing you wouldnt get a good view of the projections from the lake.
You wouldn't be able to see the castle projections very well from the cruise boat, but if you have a day when you're planning on watching illuminations one night you can get a private cruise for that as well.

You do watch the show from under the bridge from France to the U.K., and there are other cruises packed in there with you, much closer than for Happily Ever After, so you might have a bit of an audience depending on what point during the cruise you do it.

I love the private cruise idea! Also, as someone said in another thread, if you have the money you can talk Disney into almost anything. What about a private tour? Maybe something that normally has other people but maybe there's a way to arrange it that it's just the two of you? I have no clue what your financial situation is or whether Disney will let you do something like that, but I think it's always worth a phone call to Disney to find out!

The most romantic restaurants DW and I ate at in WDW in OUR opinions were Jiko and Artists Point. In all fairness, while we shared meals at many of the WDW restaurants, we never experienced Victoria & Alberts.

A surprisingly romantic thing we did at WDW was to share a Dumbo together. We were each 260+ pounds. Sharing a Dumbo can be really cozy and nice for two Pooh sized adults. I never would have thought of this one before we did it, but it felt really romantic to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts