One Bedroom AKL vs. Studio Near park

Five in a studio at BLT, I wouldn't recommend it.
You can't have five in a BLT studio unless one is under the age of three. The OP might also want to consider Boulder Ridge since it is only a short boatride (or bus ride) from the MK. Studio has the murphy bed.

You can't have five in a BLT studio unless one is under the age of three. The OP might also want to consider Boulder Ridge since it is only a short boatride (or bus ride) from the MK. Studio has the murphy bed.
Even under 3, do not recommend. Pull out the sofa, set up the pack n play in the doorway of the lock-off, you STILL have no room to move.

We own at AKV. My husband and I bought 300 points because we always wanted to stay in a one bedroom and not a studio. The food savings alone is worth staying in a one bedroom, for our family. Also, our last two trips we have managed to swing a one bedroom at the grand Floridian. So don’t feel like you are locked to wherever you buy. We have stayed at AKV a few times and did not have any transportation issues. The buses run rather frequently, as someone else posted.

We own at AKV. My husband and I bought 300 points because we always wanted to stay in a one bedroom and not a studio. The food savings alone is worth staying in a one bedroom, for our family. Also, our last two trips we have managed to swing a one bedroom at the grand Floridian. So don’t feel like you are locked to wherever you buy. We have stayed at AKV a few times and did not have any transportation issues. The buses run rather frequently, as someone else posted.
I’ve necer run the numbers, but I’ve always thought that cooking in our one bedroom made financial sense over saving points by being in a studio. My family enjoys some meals out, but they tire of that quickly. The meals in the villa are highly enjoyed.

We own at AKV and have stayed at most of the resorts with our first DVC being BLT. The walking distance to MK is great but we prefer AKV and a majority of our stays are there. Even though they are becoming increasingly harder to book, we have been able to get a value studio or one bedroom many times. The resort and restaurants are top notch. One downside of BLT and the walking distance to MK is during the Halloween and Christmas parties. It's nice when those aren't going on but when the park closes at 7pm and you don't have a ticket, its a minus.

Our family loves meals in the one bedroom. After several years of Disney trips, eating on the meal plan for a week at a time loses its allure. Not to mention, we feel physically ill by the end of the week from eating too much food. I always make a run to the Super Target (near Disney) and stock up on supplies. I normally spend about $250, and we eat well all week versus spending over $1000 on a meal plan. It takes a little time but we enjoy our trip more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter