One Last Hurrah! A Weekend Getaway!

jollygreen

We went Blues
I flew down to Orlando on Apr. 28 and flew back home on the 30th, just a quick weekend trip. I got an AP last year in May and decided to get one more use out of it before it expired. My family thought I was crazy since we had just went to Disney in March and had one day at UO during that trip. Park days were the 28th and 29th, with both of those days having park close at 6pm. Landed at MCO around 11am and was checked in and in the hotel room at CBBR by 11:30 and in IOA by noon. Spent the next 5 hours riding things with pretty short waits and left a little after 5pm to grab some dinner at Toothsome (I love totchos). Went back to the hotel relaxed in the room for a bit and then headed down to the pool. This would be my 6th trip down to Orlando in 4 years and the first time I had used a resort pool while down there. I'm a sucker for lazy rivers. And I ended the night with a drink from the bar. Pretty good first day!

The second day wasn't as productive. Got up for EE and made it over to IOA. Got in line for FJ and found out it was having some problems. Ended up waiting in line for 30ish minutes and then left. Later on, both the Hulk and RRR would break down while I was in line. I left the line for Hulk since I had ridden it the day before but stayed in RRR for over an hour because I knew it would be my only chance to ride it. Left the park after RRR, I think it was close to 3 by then. Grabbed an early dinner at Cowfish (which I loved) and then milkshakes from Toothsome (too full the day before). Went back to the hotel and hung out by/in the pool and hot tub.

Overall had a great little trip! I wish I could renew my AP, I'd love to go back again soon, but with school getting crazier and having to prepare for a certification exam within a year, I just won't have time :sad:.

Spent around 13 hours in the parks over 2 days and got a lot done! Rode a couple new rides (Kong & Jimmy Fallon), ate at new restaurants (Toothsome & Cowfish), drank some butterbeer, ate a donut the size of my face, and finally used a resort pool! Good times.

Rides:
Hulk
Dr. Doom
Spider-man (x2)
Popeye
Kong: Skull Island
Jurassic Park (x2)
Forbidden Journey
Dragon Challenge
Flight of the Hippogriff
Hogwarts Express (x2)
Cat in the Hat
High in the Sky Trolley
Gringotts
Mummy
Jimmy Fallon
Men in Black
Rip Ride Rockit
Transformers

I can't wait to be back, whenever that may be!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!