One More Resource to Save Money

Humpbacks1962

Humpbacks1962 on Pinpics
I just tried this out: Selling my used books on Amazon.com. In less than two weeks I had already sold over $200. 00 worth of old books. That can be souvenir money, or deposit for a reservation, money for pins (in *my* case ;) ), you name it!

Get your old college books, special interests, hobbies, self-help, etc. Amazon will quote a recommended sale price depending on the shape of the book. They keep 20% in fees and commissions, but they give you a shipping allowance and if you have several, you can make some extra money on books that are otherwise just piling up dust around the house!

Check it out! Go to the website and find the link somewhere... :confused:

Wanda :bounce: :bounce:

Also if you have CD's or movies or DVd's you dont watch anymore, you can also sell them at www.half.com

I've sold and bought there, and its quick and easy.

great..a new addiction :) thanks! have listed quite a few already!

I've also sold a bunch of old text books on half.com(and I have bought some too) It's very easy!

Wanda

Do you get the money from Amazon? Or do you use it as a credit against you account?
TIA.

Sylvia

OOOPS! Think I just found out the answer to my question. It looks like they deposit
the monies to your bank account. How long from time of sale to time of deposit?

Sylvia, I get the money within five days, directly in my checking account.

I figured that if I sell all the ones I posted, I will get close to $700.00. I am up to almost $300.00 now, and it seems to have slowed down, so, we'll see.
I also posted some Playstation games, but it seems there's millions of those selling as well.

It was about time I did something about all my books in this house!

Wanda

Wanda,
Thank you so much for posting this info. After reading it yesterday, I tried it out. In less than 24 hours I had made a sell. That was easy! Now I'm going to rummage through the rest of my books to see what else I sell. Thanks again! -Rebecca

My pleasure, Rebecca. Glad I could help with a good idea.
Hope you guys sell a ton.

Wanda

this is so funny that I am reading this today. My mother(doesnt have a computer) asked me to go online and see if these books, old records and a few other thing would be worth anything. She has some very old stuff from my grandfather. I only thought of ebay. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I also get a cut on this, every little bit helps when you are saving to see the mouse!! Thanks guys!!

Do you know if Amazon takes used paperback romance novels? I have about a zillion of them and my dh is always nagging me about getting rid of them. Last summer I gave about 100 (I counted) to the Salvation Army. Now I am getting a rather large stack of them again, soon he will be nagging about them. He does it out of fun though.

Wanda, I'd like to check out the possibility of selling books on amazon, but I went to the website and didn't know where to go from there. What do I do once I get to there site? Thank you!:)

wdwfan

Scroll to the bottom of Amazon's home page. You'll see "sell items" - click on that.

Very COOL! I will have to tell DH about this!!! And DD too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter