• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

One more sleep, live updates with pictures

Just caught up on the rest of your TR. Its nice to look back on this . Like keeping a diary. We are normally big fans of CM but we too had a few issues with characters the last time. Some parents let their kids run up to them regardless of it not being their turn. I know its exciting but even us big kids like a cuddle :)
I would love to get married ( again lol) at the GF. None of our families would fly that far though.
What would u say was ur favourite meal Aimee? Im probably in the minority when I say I was not that impressed with BOG dinner. Our best was GFC and Boma. Anyway you had something to look forward to on your return so its not so depressing. You need to start planning again now. Xx

My favorites meals of the trip were Tuttio Italia, Boma and 1900 Park Fare which surprised me, the service at Tuttio was outstanding! I am definitely going to try a different signature next year, may do chef mickeys breakfast but never dinner again. May have to try the GFC next time, i love the GF.
There is always a vow renewal ;) kids get a holiday out of it too :goodvibes I am considering one for our 10th Anniverary, he doesnt know this yet :rotfl:

Lucky thing, new car and tax rebate!!! Glad you had a smooth journey home. Good to know about Splitsville. We are not bowlers but daughter is always twittering on about going, so maybe we will now!

Pam

It was really fun but a lot of money for 30 mins of bowling but its something that has to be done once :)

Thanks for doing a trip repot, Aimee. I've enjoyed it, espicially as we are staying at AKL (standard view) for 5 nights this August. Your boys are so cute. Glad you all had such a lovely time.

Is really is a stunning resort and the restaurants are also some of my favorite too :)

My favorites meals of the trip were Tuttio Italia, Boma and 1900 Park Fare which surprised me, the service at Tuttio was outstanding! I am definitely going to try a different signature next year, may do chef mickeys breakfast but never dinner again. May have to try the GFC next time, i love the GF.
There is always a vow renewal ;) kids get a holiday out of it too :goodvibes I am considering one for our 10th Anniverary, he doesnt know this yet :rotfl:

if you love the grand floridian and are willing to sacrifice 2 credits, Citricos is a fantastic restaurant. But probably you should wait with that one until the boys are older and can truly appreciate it. At this age, the grand floridian cafe is probably the better choice (and it's only 1 credit :) )

I miss my old car but i really wanted trouble free motoring and as my step dad works for vauxhall i had 4k off list price so too good to refuse and softens the blow when the price decreases as you drive it off that forecourt. It really is a nice car, drives better than our audi which is a bit of a bumpy ride! Apart from company cars i have never owned a new car but i dont regret it one bit :)
We have bought new for over 20 years, always swapped every 3 years but with the recession we have kept this one 8 years. The one we looked at last week was 1 year old with 4k on clock for £18k, not sure if the saving is enough, list price is now £28,000 (I would want £5k off list)
Our car, even though 8 year old is running better than ever, sails thru MOT every year and no different to new model (small changes inside) might just keep this a while longer.

if you love the grand floridian and are willing to sacrifice 2 credits, Citricos is a fantastic restaurant. But probably you should wait with that one until the boys are older and can truly appreciate it. At this age, the grand floridian cafe is probably the better choice (and it's only 1 credit :) )

We have eaten around 80-90 meals in Disney, many great meals but then return again somewhere and it never seems as good, either food or service lets it down but eaten at GFC 4 times all excellent, Matt chose it for his 18th Birthday meal 2 years ago. I am not a big fan of Disney dining, prefer offsite but GFC & Hoop Dee Doo are my faves.

We have eaten around 80-90 meals in Disney, many great meals but then return again somewhere and it never seems as good, either food or service lets it down but eaten at GFC 4 times all excellent, Matt chose it for his 18th Birthday meal 2 years ago. I am not a big fan of Disney dining, prefer offsite but GFC & Hoop Dee Doo are my faves.

we like GFC a lot too.
But for 'fine' dining, citricos is really special. Excellent food and service.
if you want to really spend big, i ate at Victoria and Albert 3 years ago and thought the meal was superb. Possibly even worth the $125 i paid for it :eek:

my favorites on property? hmmm.....i think citricos is probably the one.
We used to really love rose and crown, but last august we had a really really really terrible experience.
Although i have to say, we also had a super fantastic experience there last august as well.
We went the first week we were there and it was beyond perfect.
Our server was amazing and the chef who prepared special orders for DD and her husband was extraordinary - and everyone was sooooooooo nice.
Just as they always had been in the past.

So we changed our schedule so that we could eat there again the 2nd week.
Mistake.
We had the worst server ever.
And the chef was terrible too.
The first nasty chef we've ever encountered at WDW.
By the way, in case you weren't aware, the chefs at rose and crown are american (or they always have been when we've eaten there.).
Anyway, this chef was rude and nasty.
And the server was even worse.
She was so bad, in fact, that we went to guest services to complain.
That was the very first time i have ever complained about any CM at WDW in the 40 years i've been going.
That's how bad she was.
And i should say that the week before, i went to guest services to sing the praises of the server and chef we had at R&C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter