One more tiny Concierge perk--

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
IF previously posted forgive me, but at MCO when boarding the Cruise Line bus to the terminal, Concierge now has a "separate" entrance and are the first to board the bus. A few weeks ago it got us on the first bus ahead of MANY others waiting to board.

No, I haven't read about this before. That is nice especially when the lines are long waiting for the bus.
Hope you had a great time!

IF previously posted forgive me, but at MCO when boarding the Cruise Line bus to the terminal, Concierge now has a "separate" entrance and are the first to board the bus. A few weeks ago it got us on the first bus ahead of MANY others waiting to board.

Great too know, thanks for sharing

IT was a surprise to us as well. When we spotted a DCL employee and she saw our Gold Concierge card, she told us to wait until they got ready to board the bus, but to go to a check-in spot just a few feet away. We were the only Concierge guests at that time of the morning, got checked in and got on the bus before they let anyone else on!!

Growing up the daughter of a non-custodial* greyhound driver means that the idea is having to be on a coach longer than everyone else makes me shudder. How that’s a perk is beyond me!!

*(Spent so many visiting weekends on buses because “they called me back in to work, sorry honey”.)

Have fun “getting” to be on the bus first and longest! Glad someone’s happy about the concept!

LOL, another reason for people to hate concierge people. This is good to know because I always stay at MCO and get up early to try to get on the first bus. I like being the first up to the lounge to get a decent spot for the check-in in the lounge. It can get quite crowded quickly.

IT was a surprise to us as well. When we spotted a DCL employee and she saw our Gold Concierge card, she told us to wait until they got ready to board the bus, but to go to a check-in spot just a few feet away. We were the only Concierge guests at that time of the morning, got checked in and got on the bus before they let anyone else on!!

By "Gold Concierge card" do you mean the booklet with luggage tags or something else? You don't get the KTTW card until you get to the terminal (unless they went back to doing check-in at MCO again). But I have only taken the bus from MCO once and it wasn't concierge so I was wondering if they hand something else out there.
(LOL - I had to look at the date of the post to make sure this one wasn't really old).

Growing up the daughter of a non-custodial* greyhound driver means that the idea is having to be on a coach longer than everyone else makes me shudder. How that’s a perk is beyond me!!

*(Spent so many visiting weekends on buses because “they called me back in to work, sorry honey”.)

Have fun “getting” to be on the bus first and longest! Glad someone’s happy about the concept!

Think about it for a minute---there are so many folks waiting for that first bus that you might not get on at all!! And how long does it take to fill the bus--a few minutes.

So of course it's a perk!!

By "Gold Concierge card" do you mean the booklet with luggage tags or something else? You don't get the KTTW card until you get to the terminal (unless they went back to doing check-in at MCO again). But I have only taken the bus from MCO once and it wasn't concierge so I was wondering if they hand something else out there.
(LOL - I had to look at the date of the post to make sure this one wasn't really old).

You are right--it was the cruise Booklet with the Concierge luggage tags. At one point she wandered about the boarding area--which by then was crammed with people--asking if anyone was Concierge.

For the price of DCL charges for Concierge, they ought to offer "complimentary" private minivan/sedan transport to the port!

LAX

Agree. Yet those rooms sell out fast--we booked another Fantasy Cruise for next October (2018) --there were only 3 Concierge rooms left and it's nearly a year away....

LOL, another reason for people to hate concierge people. This is good to know because I always stay at MCO and get up early to try to get on the first bus. I like being the first up to the lounge to get a decent spot for the check-in in the lounge. It can get quite crowded quickly.

WE stay at Hyatt as well--by the time the first bus arrives there are usually too many waiting that some can't get that first bus.

As for Concierge--many fail to understand that you get what you PAY for!! IT's not free!!!

Good to know! We don't plan to DCL transport this time but we may in the future!

It’s a nice perk. I do not see us ever going concierge, but maybe.

Concierge DCL may be my second purchase after winning the lottery big time. First I want a cabin in the Smokies. ( We’re on a way home from there, we miss those Mountain View’s already!)

WE stay at Hyatt as well--by the time the first bus arrives there are usually too many waiting that some can't get that first bus.

As for Concierge--many fail to understand that you get what you PAY for!! IT's not free!!!

LOL we are so bad, we show up 30 to 45 minutes early and position ourselves carefully to be able to hope into the queue as soon as they open it. WOW we are geeks. I have another cruise in Jan and will have to check it out.

It’s a nice perk. I do not see us ever going concierge, but maybe.

Concierge DCL may be my second purchase after winning the lottery big time. First I want a cabin in the Smokies. ( We’re on a way home from there, we miss those Mountain View’s already!)

We choose to splurge on Concierge more often than not, but it's not a necessity for us. We do enjoy the perks that it has, though. A lot. If we didn't drive ourselves to the port we'd definitely take DCL up on the MCO priority boarding.

We also have a place in the Smokies. We don't use it as much as we thought we would when we bought it six years ago, primarily because we wind up going on cruises and other travel instead. It's pretty there, and it's only an hour or so away, but it's a money pit. Those mountain views sure are nice, though.

427864_10152181701165725_1447029407_n.jpg

Not making any insinuations here, but the whole concierge thing always conjures images from the movie Titanic where the rich were atop deck enjoying fancy dining and the mostly Irish were cordoned off to the low decks.

Not making any insinuations here, but the whole concierge thing always conjures images from the movie Titanic where the rich were atop deck enjoying fancy dining and the mostly Irish were cordoned off to the low decks.
But you are in a passive aggressive way. How about the people that can't even afford an inside cabin in a Disney Cruise? Does that conjure up any images for you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter