One more try...

Off topic but MJTinNH..... I'm not much of a cat lover but I Love Lucy no pun intended.

Thanks for your report! Always good to hear "ALL" sides of a resort.. the good the bad and the ugly.. LOL!! Makes you appreciate it when the Ugly doesn't happent to you.. and not feel like it is ONLY you when it does!!! I would stay at SSR to try it for myself... just like a ride.. it is a different experience for every individual. And as for the nasty PM's... well.. that is just unacceptable in my book.. I am sorry that you had to experience that.

Thanks for taking the time and...
Keep the reports coming!!

Kathy

Thanks for reposting your trip report and including so much detail. I enjoyed reading all about your impressions of SSR.

I'm also a big fan of BWV (and BCV; both are my home resorts). While I loved my stay at SSR this spring, and I'm always up for something new and different, I must say that I missed the location of BCV and BWV. I just love that whole area and being within walking distance of 2 of the parks.

Lucky for all of us that not everyone prefers the same DVC resort. Wouldn't want it to be any tougher to get ressies, especially for peak times. :teeth:

Again, thanks for the excellent trip report. :)

It is a shame that people can not voice a difference in opinion without being mean spirited and sending hateful PMs. I feel if you have an opinion about a thread you should be willing to share it here.

While we truly enjoyed our stay at Saratoga, it does not bother me in the least when someone does not. It is your opinion, and I have mine.

I do find it interesting that as a very frequent member, 10,000 posts Wow!, would not know that "all" DVC resorts have bell services to help the members with luggage.

As to Artist's Palette we found it a very refreshing change for the usual fried options on burgers, chicken tenders, and pizza. I appreciate Disney offering something different. A full service restaurant would be a welcome addition and hopefully they will consider it.

As to the main pool being too small in the future. I truly do not think any of us are capable of truly knowing if that will be the case until the resort is finished. Until then it is truly just speculation.

I do agree that the quiet pool at Congress Park is quite possibly the nicest one at Disney. Hopefully the others will be similar. I know when we stayed at SSR we never even visited the main pool due to liking the quiet pool so much, so over crowding there might not be a problem at all. I know at times many of the pools at Disney seem to be too small for the resort size, with WL's main pool being one.

The thing everyone needs to remember those posting and those responding is one's opinon does not make a resort less desirable to everyone, just to that particular person. I know many love BW, it just does not appeal to me. That does not make it a lesser resort in the DVC family just one that does not fit my needs for an enjoyable vacation.

For those that have not visited SSR I recommend trying it yourself and form your own opinions or in our case wonderful memories. :flower:

Excellent Report Kim! We purchased SSR sight unseen and although we don't have any trips planned there in the near future I do hope to visit the resort to check it out!
:flower:

Thanks from the repost! I loved it. You posted what you liked about it and what you didn't. There was actually a lot of information there that was very useful. You actually had LOTS of positives about the resort itself and some negatives about your experience. Big difference. I really don't see the problem.

We own at OKW, BWV and now SSR and enjoy all the resorts. Some, we love more for different types of trips at different types of times. We usually stay with OKW and BWV many times because I'm just too stingy with the points sometimes and those OKW and BWV standards are such a darn deal!

I'm sure I will love staying at SSR just from reading your report (even with the negatives). And as with all the DVC resorts, I'm sure there will be some things I won't like.

Thanks for reposting. I read your first post and thought it was fine. I rarely read beyong the first post on a trip report anymore. Some people can be so mean.

Best wishes! :wave:

MAC3 said:
Off topic but MJTinNH..... I'm not much of a cat lover but I Love Lucy no pun intended.

Thank you! I love Lucy too!! I named her after "Lucy", she's kind of a character!! :teeth:

I have thin skin...which is why I am sometimes afraid to post. I always look forward to your posts. Love your humor! :grouphug: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter