One person not on DP?

Harmony272

Move your wretched bodies to the center of the roo
My family and I are going to Disney in August and we have added the dining plan. One of my sisters is REALLY cheap and wants to make :stir: all her meals in the hotel room. She says dining plan isn't worth it and doesn't want to pay for it. I told her she is not going to want to cook all the time while she is at Disney World. ::MickeyMo I think she will regret not getting it.
Everyone has to be on the plan, right? Does anyone know of a way around this?

Harmony272 said:
My family and I are going to Disney in August and we have added the dining plan. One of my sisters is REALLY cheap and wants to make :stir: all her meals in the hotel room. She says dining plan isn't worth it and doesn't want to pay for it. I told her she is not going to want to cook all the time while she is at Disney World. ::MickeyMo I think she will regret not getting it.
Everyone has to be on the plan, right? Does anyone know of a way around this?

Everyone on the reservation has to be on the plan. Are you all in one room?

Is she planning on eating in her room while the rest of you eat in a restaurant?

Depending on how many people are in your group you might want to just pay for the meal plan and use her credits for 2 credit meals or extra meals.

For any meal that she joins you just use the plan but charge her the menu price. ;)

Is she planning on eating cup a soup the whole week? Because all you have in a regular room is a coffee maker. Bringing a microwave or a toaster oven or a hot plate and operating them in a hotel room is not allowed (although many have done so). If she's going to spend the week eating sandwiches to save money, I guess that's her right, but if anyone else is in the room with her, if she is not on the plan, they can't be either. All room guests have to be either on or off the plan. You can't split it among the group.

Wow! If my sister kept me from getting the dining plan, I'd get a new sister!

Wow! If my sister kept me from getting the dining plan, I'd get a new sister!

:rotfl2: That is the funniest thing I have heard here in a long time. See how the mouse comes before the family :rotfl:

Seriously though - as long as you are not on the same reservation then let her choose what she wants. If you are on the same reservation, separate it into two but if it is the same room - someone has to compromise. Can you switch your dates to get the free dining option that starts 8/13 and then everyone is happy??

They are now offering the dinning plan for free from Aug 13th until September 30th. I know you said you're going in August do you qualify? Maybe if your sister knows it's free she won't have a problem.

I believe the deal now is 5 nights, 6 days in a Value Resort for $435.00 per adult and $175 per child. This includes hotel, passes and meals. For more money you can pick any resort on property and extend your travel days. But it's still an awesome deal!

We did this last year and it is an amazing. And you really get a lot of food. Since food can be such a huge expense while staying at Disney this is a hard deal to pass up!!

We are staying at BWV, renting vacation club points and we are all on the same ressie. We have a full kitchen, so she could very well cook. Although, I don't know why she wants to.
My family hasn't been to disney in 9 years and they last time we all went together, we never ate at any restaurants. The food is so yummy, she doesn't know what she is missing.
Maybe we will split her points, thanks Lewisc I didn't think of that.
Ha Ha...I am thinking of trading her in :rotfl2: ? Maybe one of you guys can come with us instead?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter