Online Check In - DVC member

jessirae

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used the online check in for DVC? My family is leaving in 10 days, and we have 2 reservations at BCV (11 people). I have never checked in online before. I've heard different stories, good and bad, and have 2 questions:

1. Because there are so many of us going, would it benefit us checking in online?

2. My DH is not arriving with us, he is coming 3 days later. Does that make a difference?

As always, thank you all for your help!!

Has anyone used the online check in for DVC? My family is leaving in 10 days, and we have 2 reservations at BCV (11 people). I have never checked in online before. I've heard different stories, good and bad, and have 2 questions:

1. Because there are so many of us going, would it benefit us checking in online?

2. My DH is not arriving with us, he is coming 3 days later. Does that make a difference?

As always, thank you all for your help!!

I recently did online check-in for the first part of our split stay in July (I was curious). Honestly, I didn't like it. It changed the reservation from being under my name to under my daughter's and now I need to call for that as well as to add a friend who was not on the reservation when i did OL-checkin, but in the time since has been given permission to join us.

No more online check in for us.

As for you, unless you're arriving late, I would definitely not do OL check-in. OL check-in will set up your room keys for you. With traditional front desk check-in you will have the opportunity to see if they can get your rooms near each other. I mentioned late arrival as a factor in favor of doing the OL check-in since the assigner may be nice and set your two rooms up near each other so others arriving earlier can't swap their locations out for yours since your keys are printed already.

Thank you.... We are arriving at noon(ish), so the late arrival is not an issue. That is a good point if we were arriving later, I would have never thought of that.

I've never had a problem with online check-in, and I don't think the name change problem is related specifically to that.

There has been a system glitch, even with Disney cash reservations that IF the reservation is modified in any way, the names are scrambled. If you add/delete a name, the names get moved around; change a date, they get moved around; add a request or celebration notation, the names get moved around. Disney is well aware of the problem and either can not figure out ow to fix the glitch or it is not a priority for them (or both.)

Every since online check-in has started I have used it without problems. I found that before online check-in none of my requests were met, but since I started using it all of my requests have been met.
Put "Travel with" notice on both yours and your parents reservations.
You can then check-in both rooms.
I did this at SSR for three rooms booked under different names. DW & I arrived early and I was able to check-in all three rooms. Two of the rooms were online check-in and one was not. Inform the CM at check-in what you want to do and they can be most helpful.

I don't see any reason to not do online check in. Less to do when you get there.

Also as you are arriving early it will give you more chance of having a room ready earlier as you can inform them you will be arriving early.

There has been a system glitch, even with Disney cash reservations that IF the reservation is modified in any way, the names are scrambled. If you add/delete a name, the names get moved around; change a date, they get moved around; add a request or celebration notation, the names get moved around. Disney is well aware of the problem and either can not figure out ow to fix the glitch or it is not a priority for them (or both.)
I am so hoping this is one of the fixes that's being installed when the reservation system is taken offline for updates, today. It really is a pain to try to figure out which name might be on the guard's list when you pull into the resort.

I am so hoping this is one of the fixes that's being installed when the reservation system is taken offline for updates, today. It really is a pain to try to figure out which name might be on the guard's list when you pull into the resort.

I"m checking in on 6/18 and the names on my reservation were changed as well, rather than me as the primary it scrambled the info and put in my 16 year old son Brian as the head of the reservation, left my name off completely but added Brian again, but with is name spelled BRAIN! I've e-mailed twice now, no good! I know it's going to be an issue at the gate, at check-in and with room keys!

Thank you to all for the help! I have my DD celebrating a birthday, and it will be my grandson's first visit, so I want to make sure they are on the ressie so they receive their buttons. I'm thinking I will do online check in...I am now hearing more positive responses. Do you think it helps calling the day before to make sure everything is all set?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter