Onward to TDR! March 2019 Exercise Thread

Yes!! They were in the salt on the rim. I can’t really describe the taste - I mean, have we ever thought, gee what do ants taste like??!! But it was like spicy salt. We’re probably going to go back to try the drink with the grasshoppers in the salt Lol!!!

I think I'd take the ants over the grasshoppers. :D

DisneySea looks incredible! You'll have to let us know if it ends up being your favorite Disney park. In my next life I want to be a Disney Imagineer!

I've heard that DisneySea is what happens when you hand the Imagineers gobs of money and let them go. I'm going to try really hard not to rush around wildly, but to slow down and try to appreciate the details.

Exhaustion has set in.
Wednesday MK, Thursday a two park day - HS and Epcot, Friday another two park day - AK and MK.
All are the most crowded I’ve ever experienced. So, yes, TwilightSparkle, we’ve had time to see many little details! But without fast passes, the lines have been literally hours long. So we’re not getting on many rides.
My niece is here in the college program so it’s great to have her join us. We had a lovely dinner at Flying Fish on Thursday. And followed that up with the opposite end of that spectrum tonight - hot dogs st Casey’s. Lol!!! At least the bill tonight wasn’t a heart attack!
Adding 210 minutes - 623/1000!!

Congratulations to BonnieF for marching (or hopping, depending on the drink) into StellaLou Purple and to me for turning Gelatoni Pink.

All this talk about WDW's treats made me hungry. DisneySea has some great snacks (including Chandu's Tail, named after the tiger from the Sinbad ride). Here are some suggestions. And don't forget that like Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea has many flavors of popcorn! Here's a ranking of this park's flavors.

Once we have our snacks, maybe we'll be able to catch some DisneySea Streetmosphere entertainment. The "custodians" at DisneySea definitely bear watching! Some videos: 1, 2, 3, and 4.

It sounds like the 100 minute waits might force you to slow down and take in all of the details of the queue and rides, at least, @sophy1996 .

Honestly, I doubt we will be in any 100-minute lines. I'll be enjoying the "lesser" attractions or the hotel rather than doing those kinds of waits! We have some FPs as part of our package, so hopefully between those and just being there early we can ride what we really want to (one video blog I saw said they rode four rides first thing in the morning while everyone was in that FP line for Toy Story). I love Toy Story, but from the looks of the FP line alone, we may not get to it this time.

DisneySea is really really gorgeous. It's been over a decade since my last trip there, but I hope to go there next year! I really adore Journey to the Center of the Earth and the Indiana Jones ride.

Even a visit more than a decade ago puts you ahead of the rest of us, I think!

305 minutes since last check in - horses, barn chores, walking

1870/1860

Oh, yay! Snack time! I want to try the orange churro, more alien mochi, and the raspberry Mickey ice pop. For my popcorn fix, I'll try the curry for a savory fix, but I have to get the milk chocolate and should probably just grab a blueberry, too, and mix them together to make chocolate-blueberry popcorn.

Exhaustion has set in.
Wednesday MK, Thursday a two park day - HS and Epcot, Friday another two park day - AK and MK.
All are the most crowded I’ve ever experienced. So, yes, TwilightSparkle, we’ve had time to see many little details! But without fast passes, the lines have been literally hours long. So we’re not getting on many rides.
My niece is here in the college program so it’s great to have her join us. We had a lovely dinner at Flying Fish on Thursday. And followed that up with the opposite end of that spectrum tonight - hot dogs st Casey’s. Lol!!! At least the bill tonight wasn’t a heart attack!
Adding 210 minutes - 623/1000!!

It sounds like a lot of people have chosen WDW for spring break. I hope your niece is having fun in the college program. I bet she is happy to see family! I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that my daughter will want to do the college program one day.

I'd like to try the gyoza dog and the ukuwaman. They sound really interesting!
A much quieter day yesterday. After a relaxing morning, we meandered over to the Polynesian for some sushi- in keeping with our Japan theme! Then to Epcot for a last tour of the food booths and our last look at Illuminations. We enjoyed some fried crab wontons, and dfried green tomatoes with mozzarella from Italy. Of course, a frozen Italian margarita went nicely with that. We finished the night with fish and chips to watch the fireworks. A pear cider was just the thing with that dish.
It was a great way to end our trip.

It sounds like a lot of people have chosen WDW for spring break. I hope your niece is having fun in the college program. I bet she is happy to see family! I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that my daughter will want to do the college program one day.
The spring break crowds have been incredible. My niece has already extended her time here so she’s really enjoying it. I had many students participate and every single one loved it. I hope your daughter does it.
Sophy1996 - are you going soon? I think the crowds might lighten up after March.
Almost forgot my minutes!! 60 minutes more yesterday. 683/1000.

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith on turning Gelatoni Pink and to Twilight Sparkle for being the first team member to reach Duffy the Disney Bear Green!

The team as a whole is only 275 minutes away from turning Gelatoni Pink.

Anyone in the mood for a show? We're lucky to have a slew of choices, many of them ending this week with the end of the 35th Anniversary Celebration: Chef Remy & You (featuring Remy from Ratatouille); Pixar Playtime Pals; Pixar Pals Steamers; Lightning McQueen Victory Lap (looks like sort of a mini parade with LM); and Happiest Celebration on the Seas.

We also have the choice of some shows that should be around for awhile yet: Big Band Beat, featuring a Mickey drum solo; Hello New York!; and My Friend Duffy.

For my popcorn fix, I'll try the curry for a savory fix, but I have to get the milk chocolate and should probably just grab a blueberry, too, and mix them together to make chocolate-blueberry popcorn.

My DH now is thinking he wants to try the chocolate-blueberry combination.

Sophy1996 - are you going soon? I think the crowds might lighten up after March.

We're going to TDR right after Japan's major holiday week (which is the end of April and beginning of May), so I'm hoping it will be the equivalent of visiting the week after Thanksgiving here in the U.S. (i.e., much better than the week before).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter