Oofos "recovery" sandals

MeridaAndAngus

If you had a chance to change your fate would you
Has anyone used Oofos recovery sandals and found them to be particularly useful after a long run? I've only seen them online, and the look interesting but I don't entirely understand how they help with recovery more than any other flip flops or sandals. I'd love to try a pair, but I'm not too keen on shelling out $40+ for a pair of flip flops that I'll basically just wear around the house or out on weekend errands.

I love my Oofos! In my case, the arch support and cushioning are much more comfortable than regular flip flops. Especially awesome after a long run. That being said, I also kept putting off the purchase due to the price. I thought they were overpriced and Croc-like. I finally sprung for a pair when they popped up for sale on Zulily. The expos usually have some sort of race special so you can get a few dollars off.

I love my Oofos! In my case, the arch support and cushioning are much more comfortable than regular flip flops. Especially awesome after a long run. That being said, I also kept putting off the purchase due to the price. I thought they were overpriced and Croc-like. I finally sprung for a pair when they popped up for sale on Zulily. The expos usually have some sort of race special so you can get a few dollars off.

That's very helpful - and yes I also thought they looked like overpriced Croc fiip flops - glad I'm not the only one! Maybe I can find a deal at the Disneyland Half expo.

I have worn them for over a year now. Bought my first pair at Portland Marathon the lady talked me into them.Love them!! Totally supportive I found for me, they felt so good after my run. Bought my second pair at Tinkerbell, got the new style with the shiny tops. I have wore them three months and they are wearing out. My original pair from Portland I passed on to a friend and she is still wearing them over a year old. I'm bringing this pair back to DH and I'm going to show them at the expo . Don't know if they changed something from the original design. But I will buy another pair but the old design. I do love these flip flops wouldn't think of any other brand.

LOVE my pair! Just got them last year and I only wear them after halfs or long runs mainly cause I dont want to wear them out as they are a bit pricey. The arch support is great and the cushioning in the heel feels so much nicer on my plantar fasciitis than any other shoe after a long run. I wore them in the parks all from about noon - 9:00pm after Star Wars last year and my feet felt great.

I splurged on these from the Run Disney Expo. They are much cushier than Crocs. I wear them post run as I am susceptible to PF. I liked them so much that I bought a pair for DH and he loves them too. I found his at one of my local running stores! He was appalled how pricey they were, but he's had them for a year and still adores them.

Has anyone used Oofos recovery sandals and found them to be particularly useful after a long run? I've only seen them online, and the look interesting but I don't entirely understand how they help with recovery more than any other flip flops or sandals. I'd love to try a pair, but I'm not too keen on shelling out $40+ for a pair of flip flops that I'll basically just wear around the house or out on weekend errands.

I know a lot of people swear by Oofos, but my strong recommendation is that you find a pair to try on before dropping that amount of money on them. I tracked some down at a local running store on the superlative-laced recommendation of a friend and all I can say is different folks can have VERY different preferences. I have nice medium arches and a neutral gait and putting Oofos on felt like putting my feet on a teeter-totter with the fulcrum located right in the middle of my arch. I felt like I was rocking back and forth on them walking around the store. They are not for everyone, but they might be for you!

I know a lot of people swear by Oofos, but my strong recommendation is that you find a pair to try on before dropping that amount of money on them. I tracked some down at a local running store on the superlative-laced recommendation of a friend and all I can say is different folks can have VERY different preferences. I have nice medium arches and a neutral gait and putting Oofos on felt like putting my feet on a teeter-totter with the fulcrum located right in the middle of my arch. I felt like I was rocking back and forth on them walking around the store. They are not for everyone, but they might be for you!
Thanks - read the reviews on Amazon and while most love them, many noted that the arches took some getting used to. I think that I will check them out the next time that I am at my running store since they seem to help people with plantars fasciitis, but I have normal arches so they might not work for me.

I have two pair and I LOVE. I wear them ALL the time at home, out running errands and have worn then to DL a few times now. At Tink I was having a lot of heel pain and they recommended these at the expo. The arch support and cushy feel in the heels has really helped me. I wear them after a run too. I have the "original" ones and I am noticing how they are wearing out a little but again I am basically living in these. I just wish they were a little cuter.

I *love* mine, too. I previously thought the spa-style flip-flops I had were comfortable, but they are nothing compared to the oofos. I have noticed that my legs feel better after a long run if I wear them around the house rather than going barefoot like I used to. If I was going to be doing a lot of walking on a day I had exercised hard I would usually wear running shoes for comfort, but the oofos have been even better. The only negative is that they do wear out faster than I would like (the treads on the bottom). I don't think I will get a 2nd year out of them, but I have worn them a LOT this year, so maybe I'm asking too much.

I love my oofos - I was skeptical about them until I wore a pair. I'm not sure if they help with recovery, but they really do feel nice to walk on - springy. As someone else posted, try them on first. I typically wear minimalist type shoes, and the oofos are very tall/cushy, but I didn't mind them at all. I got a pair of the updated Oo la oofos (fit is a little more slender) and those things are practically attached to my feet. The Fit2Run booth had a special on them at the Tink expo, so I imagine they'll be at the others as well.

Same with me. After seeing so many positive comments on the DIS boards, I ordered a pair from Amazon (FREE returns on shoes!). However, my medium arches just don't agree with them. I made the same teeter-totter analogy. I agree with the "try before you buy" advice.

I just bought a pair at the DL expo, and wore them after 10k in the park for about 8 hours and after my half for about 8 hours as well. I'm not sure what i think, the high arch is difficult to get used to but my legs did feel much, much better. I had no trouble going down the stairs which I used to after a race. However I also got taped for the first time due to knee and ITB issues so I'm not sure if my quicker than usual recovery was due to Oofos or a combination with taping.

I was out on them when I thought they only came in the slide style - I just know I wouldn't wear them because of my two different sized feet and how they fit in slides, and I wasn't interested in buying two sizes of shoes I KNOW I wouldn't wear a ton because of the style as well.

But I was surprised to see the "thong" style at the DLH Expo! I tried them on and I was instantly in love. I wore them all day on Saturday before the Half, all day Sunday AFTER the Half, all day Monday in the parks (and to dinner at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose!), and even on the airplane on Tuesday.

They literally saved my legs. I've ordered four more colors now that I'm at home!

I will say there is a little bit of a "learning curve" to walking in them, as they are really squishy and it takes your body a while walking in them to adjust. But, I guess that's part of the restorative property of them - they adjust your gait and pressure points naturally to take stress off of tired and hurting parts of your body. I used to wear FitFlops a lot before I switched to more minimalist shoes, and these feel a lot like that.

These shoes were easily the best $50 I spent at the Expo this past weekend. Bought a pair for my husband, and even convinced my parentals to spring for a pair too!

I'd never heard of OOFOS until I read this post. I have a touch of plantar fasciitis in both feet. (I always consider it a good sign when *both* sides hurt evenly!)

After trying them on, I'm the proud owner of a new pair of recovery clogs. The arch support is great! I went with the clogs because my tooties want some protection after being beat up on a run. I definitely will wear socks with them; I don't like the feel of rubber against my feet.

They should look really great with a pair of shorts and knee-high compression socks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter