~~~~~~ Oops SEW we did it again! ~~~~~~ June 2019 ~~~~~~ BAG & OUTFIT UPDATE 5/19/2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved all the Magic ship photos! Glad you got to see it. I think it would be fun to do a Disney cruise, but the cost is high compared to other ships, but I hear the service is outstanding.

How was the snorkeling in Aruba? I know you did it, but did you see some cool fish and coral? Turtles? Hope you enjoyed it enough to do it again!

HDDR - and WOW - category 2 seating is CHEAPER than the Dessert Party,
This is on my todo list. Unfortunately my DS doesn't think it would be fun. I may just have to drag him there to prove otherwise!

We had a bit of cash leftover from our Aruba trip
That is awesome!

BIG WDW trip in Spring 2020
I either missed the memo or forgot the memo! Spring 2020! Fun.

IF has been going super well for me, and I still love it.
I've only been doing it for two weeks, but I lost 2.5lbs the first week, which is a lot for me to lose in one week! I'm afraid to get on the scale Wednesday because I'm worried the scale won't have moved again. I do like IF because it keeps me in my calorie range and I stay full because I'm doing Keto!

Fireworks dessert cruises
I've looked into this, but never done it. Watching from the beach at the Poly is fun (and on the way home to SoG). Dole Whip is always a bonus.

How do you eat at WDW? I'm going next month, and I want to try and stay as close to my Keto as possible. Usually I would be more lax but with the wedding at the end of April I'm trying to stay compliant to lose as much as I can before the wedding. Any tips if you have them would be appreciated.

It's amazing how much puffiness we get when we eat on vacation! I really noticed it during our Christmas trip. I had been doing keto for several months, and decided to just eat smart, but enjoy treats (not keto obviously). I was amazed when I returned how much puffiness I had. Ugh. You look like you got rid of the water quickly after Aruba! Looking great!

Since you'll be at FW for HDDR can you just stay and watch the fireworks from there? Have you ever been to California Grill?? That may be another dinner/fireworks option and may cost less than the boat rental. Even if you eat well before the fireworks, you can still go back up to the balcony and watch from there.

And I have to hijack your post for just a small brag on my little girl but I know only "Disney people" will truly get it ;-) My 12 year old is currently at the Animal Kingdom for a school trip and was able to score a Flight of Passage FP while there and was the "leader" of her group navigating through the parks like a little pro :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: I'm so proud of her.....well except for the part where she told me to stop texting her because I kept asking for pictures :tongue:

Definitely will not want more dessert after HDDR. I love that show - make sure to wear your birthday pin and when they ask, let them know its your birthday. So much fun! We were there for my birthday last year. My son, who had never been, had the biggest grin on his face during the whole show!

Our lives are not too exciting right now either...and I am FINE with that after last year!

I do get to go to Haiti in March with a group from work. We are taking students on a mission trip down there during Spring Break. Very exctied about it.

After having our lives put on hold last year, I am extatic that we get to travel again this year. I went to Chicago for a girls trip with a friend from high school last week. DH and I are joining our BFF's from Chattanooga on a weekend marriage retreat in GA next month, Haiti in March, DH's parents have rented a giant house in St. Louis for all of us and his brother and his family to crash at together in July, we cruise with Mickey for 8 nights in October, then we will be back to the beach for our annual Thanksgiving trip in November. Hopefully 2019 will be kinder to us than 2018 was!

Oopsi,

We are headed to St. Louis in August. We’ll only be there for three days as we are going other places, too, on this trip. Anyway, if you do anything on your trip that you really enjoy or eat some place really good, please PM and let me know.

Thanks!

Hi, D!!!

I am not sure how I missed this report, but I’m so glad I found it today! Yay for your upcoming Disney trip! We aren’t going to Disney at all this year and I’m super sad about it. We are planning a two week trip next summer for my 40th birthday but that seems so far away!

I went to HDDR when I was a little girl and I remember loving it. That dinner show is on my radar for next year.

Your trip to Aruba looked amazing! I loved seeing all your pics on FB. I’m so glad you got to see the Wonder and I hope you get to experience a Disney Cruise yourself someday. They really are awesome!

So, many people I work with have been doing IF for some time now. My neighbor has been doing it since last year and her results are amazing and she says she feels so much better. I actually gave IF a try right before Thanksgiving and I liked it. Sadly, once Christmas arrived, I wasn’t as disciplined as I had been. I only lost two or three pounds, but I could tell a huge difference in how my clothing fit. I should give it a try again.

Hi D! I'm catching up on the PTR this morning. I hope you all are getting some relief from the weather up there. My family in TN are drowning down there with heavy rains and lots of flooding. It seems like the weather everywhere is crazy this year! The Disney plans sound like they are coming along nicely. I think your HDDR plans sound fantastic. I have always wanted to do that. I went to the Golden Horseshoe Saloon show when they used to have it at MK years ago and it was great. Some news from our side of the world: We FINALLY got our orders last week! We are headed to Camp Lejeune, NC probably in July. This is the duty station we asked for, and I can't believe we actually got it. Jason is hesitant to make it completely public for fear they will change it (which they can do). But at least now, we can start making plans and preparations. We are thinking of buying a house in the area. It is pretty affordable there, and we really hope to be there for at least 5-6 years to get Emma through High School. So, on the Disney side of things, now that we know when(roughly) and where we are going, we can start planning our wdw trip. We have 13 points that will expire this year so we have to use them. We have another family that we want to take with us that are also military, but it is really hard to coordinate schedules. It seems like Fall is more and more crowded every year. I'm thinking maybe the 1st week of Nov? Not sure yet. We went to Kyoto last weekend and went to Universal Studios Japan for a day. The crowds are unbelievable. 3 hours for most rides. We waited 2 hours for HP and the Forbidden Journey. Anyway, we are going to Tokyo Disney Resort one last time in April. We wanted to go to Shanghai, but Jason is concerned about safety issues. There have been a few incidents with Canadians and Americans being stopped at customs and detained, so he thinks he would just be too uptight to have a good time. I hope you all have a great week, and I can't wait to hear more about the UPB and outfit plans!

That sentence gave me goosebumps!!!!

I was thinking it's pretty incredible that it just happened to be the Wonder, with your favorite duck on it, that was the Disney ship that just happened to be in Aruba at the same time as you!!

Really incredible angles and vantage point for taking in the ship!!!!! You are just beaming :) Such a lucky duck!

What a FUN surprise!!!! I'm going to HDDR for the first time in May, on MY birthday!!! I really can't wait because it looks so amazing!

Hehehehe - I was so excited to see my Duck in Aruba! :lovestruc It was a truly fantastic experience!

Yay!!! Well... It WAS a surprise... *someone* can't seem to keep their mouth shut when talking Disney to their children. ::yes:: :lmao:

I didn't know Josh was hurt, not sure how I missed that. So sorry!!! I do hope he recovers quickly and completely!

I am so exctied that you got to see the Wonder! Like I said before, when you do take a cruise you will be HOOKED! And yes, it will be a REAL vacation. It has been five years since we last cruised, and we are all SO EXCITED! Last night DH ordered himself a go-pro. We will be doing a canopy zipline excursion in Antiqua, and he wants to capture it all on film. I know you have a next few years of vacations planned, but I cannot wait for you to get DCL on the docket. You will LOVE it!

Congrats on HDDR! Surprising your girls will be so fun! HDDR is not on a list for us. I would love to try it, but DH does not like to do experiences on vacation that we can do at home. And, since we live in the south, that food and that type of show are pretty readily available for us. I have heard it is a blast, though.

So, for the 2020 family trip, will Josh be returning to the World, too???

Yah - we think it was brought on by our flight home... He had an injury while on active duty (Pre- D~).. Long story short - we were in seats which didn't have arm rests that could lift, so he was forced to sit straight ahead for the entire flight - I admit - it was very uncomfortable because we couldn't shift our weight to the side at all. Anyways - the next morning - his back went out and he ended up taking another week off of work because he couldn't get out of bed. He had his procedure on Wednesday though - and he is finally starting to loosen up a bit - we have been home for a month now, and this is by far the worst episode he has ever had. :eek:

That is so exciting!!! I can't believe you haven't cruised in 5 years - it doesn't seem that long! It will be an amazing vacation for you all! ::yes::

Well - it WAS a surprise... And then I couldn't keep my mouth shut... :scratchin We are all very excited though! :lovestruc

Yes - JOSH WILL BE WITH ON THAT TRIP!!!! (And yes, I was yelling that! LOL) - we are so excited!!!! :woohoo: And he does sound a teeny bit excited too. :lovestruc I am a bit nervous - as Josh, Brian and Thomas are HUGE Star Wars fans - so their sole purpose of this trip is SWGE... I don't think they have ANY comprehension of how insane that will be - they are not the best in crowds... I think I'll just hang out at the front of DHS that day, and just drink coffee. :lmao:

Aruba looks gorgeous! I am so glad you guys had a great time. I really can't wait to get there some day and check it out myself.

The Wonder looks beautiful! I want to do a Disney cruise at some point but DH isn't a huge fan of cruising so not sure that will happen. I think it would be a blast with Alex so maybe DH will come around!

HDDR is amazing, what a great surprise!!!!

It was fantastic... I am already planning our next trip back! I can't wait to go again!

It was so cool - I've never cruised, so I have no idea if I like it or not - but I'd love to find out. LOL

I can't wait for HDDR - sadly the girls know... I can't keep a secret from them! LOL

Loved seeing where you stayed in Aruba! Looks so lovely and relaxing. The food and drinks looked really good. You looked great in all the photos - even the ones your father-in-law posted. You are too hard on yourself - all your hard work has paid off! I think you will all love the HDDR! We took our boys many years ago but it was a real highlight of the trip. The food was great and the show was so fun. Glad your DH is on the mend - no fun for either of you!

It was so wonderful - just beyond comprehension... Beautiful - truly. :lovestruc The food was insane!!! I am still having issues with seafood... Not so much with fish - but shell fish makes me a little gaggy. ::yes::

Thanks :hug: - that was very nice of you to say... I am very hard on myself - I try not to be - but it's so difficult sometimes! ::yes::

The girls and I are very much looking forward to HDDR and the entire trip - it's going to be a lot of fun! And it will be a great reward for the girls finishing their first year of college. :lovestruc

Josh is getting there - he had his procedure on Wednesday - he is still having issues, but he's starting to loosen up a bit more as each day passes. This episode was by far the worst he's ever had. ::yes::

I don't post often, but I have read all of your trip reports. I do girl trips with my special needs daughter, when we can. Which is usually about every 3-4 years. My Husband and son are not Disney fans. :sad2::sad2: Lindsey and I go and have an Awesome time in our Happy Place! It is great to see you back on this sight again. I missed reading your posts. Love your creativity! I vote for steamboat Willie, since it is Mickey's 90th and Dumbo (because of the new Dumbo movie coming out. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome!!! Thanks for stopping by to say hi! :lovestruc

That is awesome!!! I love that you do trips with your dd, they are so special aren't they???? I just love that time with my girls - and just being excited with them, the planning - all of it. ::yes:: I love that we've created these fantastic memories over the years!

Thanks!!! I really need to pull out my bags and start some eliminating... I don't have a lot of luggage room on this trip, so I am going to have to be creative... Or borrow space in the girls' bags??? Or maybe ship a box down ahead of me? :lmao: It's going to be tricky - that's for sure! :scratchin

It was great "meeting" you - thanks for stopping by! :lovestruc

Long time lurker...but I'm finally posting :wave2: I'm excited to hear more of your adventure!!! Aruba looks amazing, and what a nice break from the winter blahs.

I loved seeing your Aruba pictures. We have been experiencing record breaking cold temps here in Canada ( we are day 15 of below -40 F here ) It has been nasty and gross. So seeing your pictures has brightened my days! I'm on a count down for our trip to Mexico for our dd's wedding in May. ( too bad the timing could not have been for a nice winter vacation ) and planning the last little things that we need to do for that. Then hopefully planning on doing a Disney trip with our boys ( and probably the dark side as we are big potter heads as well :eek: :faint: )
Thanks for your trip reports and I'm looking forward to hearing your plans and your adventure with your girls!!!!!

Welcome!!! Thanks for stopping by! :lovestruc

Aruba was fantastic - but we've been paying for it with excess of snow since we've been home - I've never been more ready for spring. ::yes::

I get it - I am in MN - so not *quite* Canada, but I do feel like we get our fair share of snow and cold. LOL Ooooh - Mexico... that will be nice and warm! :woohoo: - and a Disney trip too???? Cool! Do you have dates for that yet - or are you still trying to nail that down? My girls are dying to go back to US to do HP - but it won't happen on this trip, it's just too short.

I have a few updates to do today - hopefully I have enough time to do them after I finish all of the replies I am behind on. LOL

Again - thanks for stopping by, it was nice to meet you! :)

I haven't done the fireworks cruise before, but have been to HDDR twice. Cindy is correct in saying you will be stuffed. SO. MUCH. FOOD. Can you do the cruise another night?

LOL... OK - you guys talked me out of it. It sure was a good thought though right? I don't think we have another available night to do it on this trip - which is OK... So, now I am thinking of watching Fireworks from either CR or the beach at the Poly... :scratchin Not sure yet - knowing the girls and I, we will be back at our room and sound asleep long before fireworks start. LOL

Your room looks wonderful. I love the view you had. I would spend a lot of time just looking at the ocean.

What a fun experience! The Wonder looks amazing and I love the Disney touches, especially Donald and his nephew. Our youngest daughter was on the Wonder the first week of February. Her cruise stopped at St Thomas rather than Aruba. It would have been quite a coincidence if she was on the ship when you were cruising around it. ;)

We did HDDR once with the above mentioned daughter and her family. It was a lot of fun. I wouldn't want to spoil the memory of the HDDR evening by adding the dessert cruise. I would do the cruise another night. It would give me a whole extra event to look forward to instead of having it all on one day.

We have watched the MK fireworks from the beach at FW, the observation deck at CR, the beach at WL, from the patio in front of Gasparillas and the grass area next to Narcossees. The best view was from the Grand Floridian. They pipe in the music and you can grab a table in front of Gasparillas and order food while you watch. :) You are closest to the fireworks at that point and can see the castle turn colors in the distance. The fireworks views from CR, WL, and FW show a sideways view of the fireworks, which is nice but looks more like "just fireworks" rather than a coordinated show. I would think that the Poly and the TTC would have great views, too.

I hope the procedure does the trick. He must have been in terrible pain.

We are heading off the Disney this coming Saturday, Feb 23rd. We don't have another Disney trip planned until December, which is unusual for us, but decided we need to go other places for a change. ;)

It was so wonderful - we cannot wait to go back! ::yes::

Hahahaha - that would have been SO FUNNY! Could you imagine???? LOL We were only a few weeks off.

I think all of you are right... I am going to hold off on doing a fireworks cruise on this trip - it's a pretty short trip for us, and I think we will be too full from dinner to even want to do a cruise. It sure would be nice if there was a fireworks cruise that didn't involve food. ::yes:: I think we will try to watch the fireworks that night from either CR or the Poly... CR would be nice because then we could just hop on the monorail and catch a bus back to the resort from the TTC. And now I just read your paragraph about watching them from GF - that sounds perfect! We might try that? Thanks! We'll see how tired we are - knowing us, we'll be back at the resort sound asleep long before fireworks even begin. LOL

Josh had his back procedure on Wednesday - he is starting to loosen up a bit. This was by far the worst episode he has ever had.

I am so late - but I hope you had a good trip??? Where did you stay this time?

Totally agree with Cindy on this one, you will not want any dessert after HDDR! The food is all you can eat and so good. And don't forget you get dessert there, an amazing strawberry shortcake.

LOL - you guys totally talked me out of this. Thank you! LOL And my wallet thanks you. ::yes::

I highly recommend any fireworks cruise! We did the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise once, and it was AMAZING! It was just so fun, the captain was wonderul entertainment with stories, games, and jokes. We got to see the Water Pageant pass by directly in front of us. Then, watching the fireworks from the boat was so much more relaxing and serene. It is, by far, at the top of our list of favorite WDW experiences!

This is good to know... Maybe with BMTL when we go? It might be fun for the kids? Do you know how far in advance it needs to be booked?

Loved all the Magic ship photos! Glad you got to see it. I think it would be fun to do a Disney cruise, but the cost is high compared to other ships, but I hear the service is outstanding.

How was the snorkeling in Aruba? I know you did it, but did you see some cool fish and coral? Turtles? Hope you enjoyed it enough to do it again!

This is on my todo list. Unfortunately my DS doesn't think it would be fun. I may just have to drag him there to prove otherwise!

That is awesome!

I either missed the memo or forgot the memo! Spring 2020! Fun.

I've only been doing it for two weeks, but I lost 2.5lbs the first week, which is a lot for me to lose in one week! I'm afraid to get on the scale Wednesday because I'm worried the scale won't have moved again. I do like IF because it keeps me in my calorie range and I stay full because I'm doing Keto!

I've looked into this, but never done it. Watching from the beach at the Poly is fun (and on the way home to SoG). Dole Whip is always a bonus.

How do you eat at WDW? I'm going next month, and I want to try and stay as close to my Keto as possible. Usually I would be more lax but with the wedding at the end of April I'm trying to stay compliant to lose as much as I can before the wedding. Any tips if you have them would be appreciated.

It's amazing how much puffiness we get when we eat on vacation! I really noticed it during our Christmas trip. I had been doing keto for several months, and decided to just eat smart, but enjoy treats (not keto obviously). I was amazed when I returned how much puffiness I had. Ugh. You look like you got rid of the water quickly after Aruba! Looking great!

It did look so incredible! I do hope to do a Disney cruise one day! ::yes::

Snorkeling in Aruba was fantastic!!! I loved it! We rented the gear from our resort, and then Josh's Dad took us to "Baby Beach" - which is exactly as it's name describes... When we got there - Josh's dad talked to the bartender, and he was told that there were a lot of fish on the one side of the beach and turtles on the other. Of course I wanted to see the turtles... It took me a LONG time to figure out how to breathe through my mouth and to get my mask to seal properly - once I got that figured out - I had a lot of fun. We drifted at the top of the water for quite a while, but never got to see anything except for a few sea urchins hiding in rocks and a couple of Flounder fish - which was neat, but kind of a bummer because I wanted to see turtles. I think I could have swam around there all day, quite honestly - I loved it. But after an hour or so - Josh was ready to be done... He was a trooper after all - he held my hand the entire time and drug me around the entire beach - he was probably quite tired. LOL So, we stood there, about waist high, taking off all of our gear, just then Josh looked down and there was a giant sea turtle at his knees!!!! We both threw our gear back on (I never even got my mouth thingy hooked back into my mask - I just held it with my hand) - we followed this turtle around for probably another 10+ minutes! It was an absolute HIGHLIGHT of our trip! Just the COOLEST thing ever! I am so thankful to you for urging me on - because I probably wouldn't have been so determined to stick with it and figure out my mask if it wasn't for you and knowing that you were so encouraging to me! So, thank you!!!! Next time, I hope to do it more and longer... I am not the strongest swimmer in the world - so I am totally OK staying at Baby Beach - but it was truly the BEST!!!! :lovestruc And it's definitely on my list for next trip! :hug:

I think we just need to drag our children everywhere - they have no idea what fun is. LOL

Yes - Spring 2020... I never really released a memo about this particular trip, but we have been planning it for several years... this is the BIG Disney trip with BMTL, I do know I've mentioned it in passing in my TRs, but it may have just been in my random comments? I do have an update to do about this particular trip today too... ::yes::

I love that you are doing IF too - I am surprised at how many people I know who are doing it! That is awesome! How are you doing now, since it's been a few weeks since you posted this?

I was thinking that too. LOL Nothing wrong with a Dole Whip at the end of the day... ::yes::

I am not sure how I am going to eat at WDW this time... In the past, I've tried to eat as clean as possible - and I usually do good for a bit, but by the end of the trip, I am eating everything. LOL This time, well - I plan to do a bit of IF as much as possible, but we do have a few breakfasts scheduled, so I will just see how it goes. I don't want to totally go off the rails, but I do plan to enjoy myself - because let's face it - half the reason I keep going back to WDW IS the food. LOL

That puffiness was INSANE - I've never had anything like that on any of my other trips... I mean - to me - it looked like a good 20+ lbs of puff! Or more! And literally, 2 days after we got home, I was so THIRSTY - I was drinking non-stop water all day long... Then I was up all night - probably 6 or 7 times - using the bathroom (TMI, I know. sorry) - but by morning my puffiness was completely gone. It was just WEIRD! It sure did a number on my self esteem though...

Thanks for stopping by!!! And thanks for asking about the snorkeling adventure - and for cheering me on - really amazing and I loved it! :lovestruc

Since you'll be at FW for HDDR can you just stay and watch the fireworks from there? Have you ever been to California Grill?? That may be another dinner/fireworks option and may cost less than the boat rental. Even if you eat well before the fireworks, you can still go back up to the balcony and watch from there.

And I have to hijack your post for just a small brag on my little girl but I know only "Disney people" will truly get it ;-) My 12 year old is currently at the Animal Kingdom for a school trip and was able to score a Flight of Passage FP while there and was the "leader" of her group navigating through the parks like a little pro I'm so proud of her.....well except for the part where she told me to stop texting her because I kept asking for pictures :tongue:

Ooooh, that's an idea I didn't think of. I'll have to see what timing looks like for us and what time fireworks are that night. No, we have never been to California Grill either... :scratchin Hmmmm.... Great ideas! I wonder if we can just go and order dessert?

That is so awesome!!!! Great job dd!!! :woohoo: Hehehehe - I do the same thing for my girls and they get so sick of me. LOL It sounds like she had a great time and many of her friends had a great time because of her! Cool!

Definitely will not want more dessert after HDDR. I love that show - make sure to wear your birthday pin and when they ask, let them know its your birthday. So much fun! We were there for my birthday last year. My son, who had never been, had the biggest grin on his face during the whole show!

LOL - I like that everyone is of the same opinion on this. ::yes:: I will wear my birthday pin and I will tell them it's my birthday. :) So excited! I can't wait for this one - it's going to be so fun!

Hi, D!!!

I am not sure how I missed this report, but I’m so glad I found it today! Yay for your upcoming Disney trip! We aren’t going to Disney at all this year and I’m super sad about it. We are planning a two week trip next summer for my 40th birthday but that seems so far away!

I went to HDDR when I was a little girl and I remember loving it. That dinner show is on my radar for next year.

Your trip to Aruba looked amazing! I loved seeing all your pics on FB. I’m so glad you got to see the Wonder and I hope you get to experience a Disney Cruise yourself someday. They really are awesome!

So, many people I work with have been doing IF for some time now. My neighbor has been doing it since last year and her results are amazing and she says she feels so much better. I actually gave IF a try right before Thanksgiving and I liked it. Sadly, once Christmas arrived, I wasn’t as disciplined as I had been. I only lost two or three pounds, but I could tell a huge difference in how my clothing fit. I should give it a try again.

Welcome!!! Sorry so many people missed it - I keep forgetting to post a link in my old TR (that I never finished - which I feel so guilty about)

That's good to know! I sure hope the girls enjoy it... When I told them - they were excited, but also a little skeptical... So, we'll see. I know Myrthe and I loved the one in DLP. :)

Thanks - it was so much fun! I sure do hope to go on a DCL cruise one day! ::yes::

Yes - you should. That's the thing about IF - SO many people lose SIZE but not weight on the scale... So people (like me) who have a hard time with the numbers on the scale and let it determine their success, are better off just throwing the scale away and going by how their clothes feel. It's so hard! But it seems to be working for me - so I'll take it. LOL

Hi D! I'm catching up on the PTR this morning. I hope you all are getting some relief from the weather up there. My family in TN are drowning down there with heavy rains and lots of flooding. It seems like the weather everywhere is crazy this year! The Disney plans sound like they are coming along nicely. I think your HDDR plans sound fantastic. I have always wanted to do that. I went to the Golden Horseshoe Saloon show when they used to have it at MK years ago and it was great. Some news from our side of the world: We FINALLY got our orders last week! We are headed to Camp Lejeune, NC probably in July. This is the duty station we asked for, and I can't believe we actually got it. Jason is hesitant to make it completely public for fear they will change it (which they can do). But at least now, we can start making plans and preparations. We are thinking of buying a house in the area. It is pretty affordable there, and we really hope to be there for at least 5-6 years to get Emma through High School. So, on the Disney side of things, now that we know when(roughly) and where we are going, we can start planning our wdw trip. We have 13 points that will expire this year so we have to use them. We have another family that we want to take with us that are also military, but it is really hard to coordinate schedules. It seems like Fall is more and more crowded every year. I'm thinking maybe the 1st week of Nov? Not sure yet. We went to Kyoto last weekend and went to Universal Studios Japan for a day. The crowds are unbelievable. 3 hours for most rides. We waited 2 hours for HP and the Forbidden Journey. Anyway, we are going to Tokyo Disney Resort one last time in April. We wanted to go to Shanghai, but Jason is concerned about safety issues. There have been a few incidents with Canadians and Americans being stopped at customs and detained, so he thinks he would just be too uptight to have a good time. I hope you all have a great week, and I can't wait to hear more about the UPB and outfit plans!

No relief from the weather yet... LOL Snow... Cold... More snow... Spring can come any time. LOL I did see that in TN, Josh's dad lives in TN during the winter - and they have had terrible flooding too... How is your family fairing - no damage I hope?

We are looking forward to HDDR - it will definitely be a new experience!

Yay for orders and back to the States!!! :woohoo: What a relief!!! And how awesome that you got your first choice!!! So happy for you! And I sure hope you get to stay put for a while - that will be very nice for Emma to be able to finish out school in one place.

When I went to WDW in November of 2015 with Suzi and Bradey - it was honestly the most PERFECT weather we have ever had for a trip - it was fantastic, and crowds weren't too terrible - for Disney anyways. It was a great time of year to go. ::yes::

It's so awesome that you've gotten to see so much of the world over there... But I know it will be very nice for you to come home too. :hug: I can't imagine being so far from your family for so long. I look forward to hearing all about your plans to come home and also your Fall Disney trip plans too! :hug:

*************************************************************************************************************

Sorry guys! I am so much further behind here than I thought I was! :( We have been so busy - like crazy busy!

Work has been insane... I am knee deep in side projects with a deadline looming and not nearly as far along as I'd like to be. :eek:

I do have a trip update to do for this current trip...

The girls and I had a Disney planning meeting last week...

20190221_140100_HDR.jpg

With their school/work schedules and mine - it's nearly impossible to get them both in the same place at the same time. ::yes:: They can do Tuesdays or Thursdays between 2 and 2:45pm at a Target store 30 miles from home... Like literally - that's it. LOL So, we met at Target for coffee and a quick Disney FP meeting... I wanted to nail down our plans for arrival night, because this determined whether we get a 4 day Salute ticket or a 5 day Salute ticket... Our FP date is fast approaching - and I needed to have that info so I knew what tickets to order.

We decided that on arrival night, we are going to head into AK... We are going to try to get a FP for NRJ (since we have yet to do it) and EE at night... Then we are going to get a FP for RoL - since Allison and I saw bits of it from our ride on EE last trip - and it looked so amazing. We all LOVE AK - so it's super exciting for us to be able to start our trip with a little bit of fun there. :woohoo:

We also decided that we are going to try for a FP for SDD in DHS - we'll see if we actually get one or not?

And our full day in AK we will try for a FP for FoP - since this day is deeper into our trip, we might have a chance?

I did order tickets from SoG last week (paid in cash, of course) and they called me on Monday to confirm, by Monday afternoon I had our tickets linked in MDE - so now we wait. ::yes::

20190226_154515.jpg

The girls and I also had a Facetime meeting this week, where we are trying to determine where we want our room location this trip... Even though I love pool view rooms at SoG - with the potential of seeing fireworks - we've decided that we want a bigger bathroom this trip. ::yes:: So - in all of our previous trips, we have stayed in all of these rooms circled in pink. This coming trip - we've decided to move into a different wing and try for the rooms circled in orange... We will still be close to the lobby and transportation, but we will have a bigger bathroom with a separate vanity from the toilet and shower. Fingers crossed that we get our requests.

Snapchat-1267652505.jpg

We are now officially under 100 days until this trip - and we are very excited! :woohoo:

I also have a small update to do about the BIG Spring 2020 trip... Which, at some point in the near future, I may need to start a separate PTR for this trip.

We have officially nailed down the dates for this trip - and V is BEYOND excited, as she will be spending her 21st birthday in WDW!!! :woohoo: You should have seen her face when she figured out what I was trying to tell her for dates. LOL It was almost as elated as when she received Stitch for Christmas. LOL I love the Disney spirit in my girls! :lovestruc

OK - that's about it for today's update... I've been typing for 2 hours and I need to do something else today. LOL

Prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

I am so late - but I hope you had a good trip??? Where did you stay this time?

We just got back on Friday and having two more days to recuperate and do laundry before I go back to work on Monday is great. We had lovely weather, mostly in the low to mid 80's with two cool days in the middle of the trip. We stayed 4 nights at the Wilderness Lodge and 2 nights at the Beach Club. We love the Beach Club but boy was it hard to leave the Wilderness Lodge. I never thought leaving one favorite resort for another favorite resort would be so hard, but we really missed the serenity of the lodge when we got to the always busy Beach Club. But all in all it was a great vacation. We hated to leave the warmth of Florida, especially when the high tomorrow is going to be 13 degrees. At least we don't have the snow that you are getting. :)

Glad to see an update! Your trip is close enough that I can understand the excitement! The planning is almost as fun as the actual trip. Hope you get your room request. Even when I travel with just my DH, having a sink/counter outside the bathroom makes a huge difference in getting ready for the day. Still working on my DH to get a WDW trip on the books even if it's more of a long weekend. Whatever I can talk him into! Right now I'm looking at early Nov. We'll see. In Feb. we had a vacation in Portugal and then went to Oregon to visit out DS and his little family. We're doing a trip to the Grand Canyon and Utah with my sisters and the husbands in Sept. I'm retired and DH is not - I'm always thinking/planning the next trip. When he does retire, I hope to take more trips and make them a bit longer. Until then, he has to budget his time off work.....

Josh looked down and there was a giant sea turtle at his knees!!!!
So happy you got to see a turtle! They are awesome and so fun to watch!

So, thank you!!!!
You're welcome. I love to snorkel and dive, and love when others get to experience it and see why it is so much fun.

How are you doing now, since it's been a few weeks since you posted this?
My loss is slow. I'm averaging one pound a week. I see others lose more, and wish that was me, but considering nothing was working before, I'm happy with the slow loss. I'm trying to stay off the scale because it is deceiving, but also a way to keep on track. I hate getting on the scale after a really good week of eating and not seeing any movement, or a little gain--it's evil so I do try to stay off it as much as possible. My clothes are slowly getting looser so that's good.

FP for SDD in DHS - we'll see if we actually get one or not?
You should be able to get it. It's a fun ride, but I definitely would not wait in those crazy stand-by lines to ride it.

Fingers crossed that we get our requests.
I have only stayed in the Palm wing, and really like it. Never did try to see fireworks, though. Not sure where we'll end up next week as we have a couple of days of pool view and a couple of days of standard. We may have to move which I'm not looking forward to but was happy to get the extra days all at the same resort! I like Palm view for close to the main areas of the resort--food, busses, etc.

nd V is BEYOND excited, as she will be spending her 21st birthday in WDW!!
So much fun! She can get a drink at Trader Sams, or Epcot--it will be a great trip!

We're headed to WDW next week. Seems weird because we haven't seemed to plan as much as we usually do. We plan to take it easy since it will be crowded and try to get to the parks early, and maybe head back to the resort or DS if it gets crazy crowded. I'm hoping the weather is warm. Last year it was too cold for the pool.

Yay!!! Well... It WAS a surprise... *someone* can't seem to keep their mouth shut when talking Disney to their children. ::yes:: :lmao:
Oops :) Well, it was a great secret surprise while it lasted!!

We have officially nailed down the dates for this trip - and V is BEYOND excited, as she will be spending her 21st birthday in WDW!!! :woohoo: You should have seen her face when she figured out what I was trying to tell her for dates. LOL It was almost as elated as when she received Stitch for Christmas. LOL I love the Disney spirit in my girls! :lovestruc
That is serious excitement!! There is just something so extra magical about finding out you'll get to be at Disney World for your birthday!! :) I felt the same way about our trip in May when I realized it included my actual birthday. I love that childlike excitement! :)

Your trip plans sound wonderful! We went to California grill for dessert and a drink one night to watch the fireworks! What a great experience! The waiter couldn’t have been nicer ! It was so fun to go out on the “bridge “ and watch the fireworks! It’s not crowded and just magical to watch the fireworks from that height. Enjoy the planning! It’s half the fun! We are planning to go again in November 2020

Oh yeah, the crowds for Galaxy's Edge will be INSANE! My DH is already talking about how he has no desire to return to the parks ever...except for Galaxy's Edge. We will HAVE to make a trip down when that opens. BUT, we fully intend to wait a while, hoping the crowds will eventually slow down.

DOUBLE DIGITS until your girls trip!!! :yay: Did you ever decide to do a fireworks experience or not?

Your trip sounds fun! I have a few thoughts on HDDR...to get there we usually take the boat from Contemporary. It is a fun ride and you go right past the ole' swimming hole - River Country. Taking the boat drops you pretty close to the dining hall so you don't have to take further transportation. Then, on the way back you could go view the fireworks from the viewing area on the 4th floor of the Contemporary. It has a pretty decent view and they pipe in the music.

Also, have you thought about getting an annual pass? If you are planning a spring 2020 trip it should cover both trips. That way you will also get the AP discounts for dining and merchandise. Might be worth considering. Not sure, but I think, you can upgrade your military tickets (but I could be wrong). In any event...sounds fun and love following along!

How exciting! Your trip seems to be coming along nicely. I'm enjoying reading all of your updates.

We just got back on Friday and having two more days to recuperate and do laundry before I go back to work on Monday is great. We had lovely weather, mostly in the low to mid 80's with two cool days in the middle of the trip. We stayed 4 nights at the Wilderness Lodge and 2 nights at the Beach Club. We love the Beach Club but boy was it hard to leave the Wilderness Lodge. I never thought leaving one favorite resort for another favorite resort would be so hard, but we really missed the serenity of the lodge when we got to the always busy Beach Club. But all in all it was a great vacation. We hated to leave the warmth of Florida, especially when the high tomorrow is going to be 13 degrees. At least we don't have the snow that you are getting. :)

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Hahaha, I guess I've never really given that much thought either - but it must have been hard to go from such quiet relaxation to such a busy resort... Maybe next time do it the other way around?

Yah - another round of snow starts today... Every weekend for the last month +... I am so over it. ::yes:: At least temps will hit the 40s later this week, so that's progress. ::yes::

Glad to see an update! Your trip is close enough that I can understand the excitement! The planning is almost as fun as the actual trip. Hope you get your room request. Even when I travel with just my DH, having a sink/counter outside the bathroom makes a huge difference in getting ready for the day. Still working on my DH to get a WDW trip on the books even if it's more of a long weekend. Whatever I can talk him into! Right now I'm looking at early Nov. We'll see. In Feb. we had a vacation in Portugal and then went to Oregon to visit out DS and his little family. We're doing a trip to the Grand Canyon and Utah with my sisters and the husbands in Sept. I'm retired and DH is not - I'm always thinking/planning the next trip. When he does retire, I hope to take more trips and make them a bit longer. Until then, he has to budget his time off work.....

I know - I just love the planning. Thanks, I hope we get it too - I think it will be nice... And it sure will help to have that extra large vanity, separate from the toilet and shower so hopefully there isn't as much of a struggle getting ready in the mornings. :scratchin

I sure hope you are able to get a trip scheduled... I would hesitate to go any time after August this year, with the SWGE opening... :eek: I am really nervous, as it is, for our trip in May of 2020 - as this is ALL Josh, Brian and Thomas care to do. :eek:

That sounds like an amazing trip too! I am kind of in the same situation... Though I am not retired, because I own my own business - I can take time off as needed - not paid of course... But Josh is limited... And I've managed to totally wipe out his vacation time over the course of the next year - so we have to be very careful with his time off while we take all of these trips. Thankfully his vacation time is separate from his sick time, but we still need to be conscious of it. ::yes::

So happy you got to see a turtle! They are awesome and so fun to watch!

You're welcome. I love to snorkel and dive, and love when others get to experience it and see why it is so much fun.

My loss is slow. I'm averaging one pound a week. I see others lose more, and wish that was me, but considering nothing was working before, I'm happy with the slow loss. I'm trying to stay off the scale because it is deceiving, but also a way to keep on track. I hate getting on the scale after a really good week of eating and not seeing any movement, or a little gain--it's evil so I do try to stay off it as much as possible. My clothes are slowly getting looser so that's good.

You should be able to get it. It's a fun ride, but I definitely would not wait in those crazy stand-by lines to ride it.

I have only stayed in the Palm wing, and really like it. Never did try to see fireworks, though. Not sure where we'll end up next week as we have a couple of days of pool view and a couple of days of standard. We may have to move which I'm not looking forward to but was happy to get the extra days all at the same resort! I like Palm view for close to the main areas of the resort--food, busses, etc.

So much fun! She can get a drink at Trader Sams, or Epcot--it will be a great trip!

We're headed to WDW next week. Seems weird because we haven't seemed to plan as much as we usually do. We plan to take it easy since it will be crowded and try to get to the parks early, and maybe head back to the resort or DS if it gets crazy crowded. I'm hoping the weather is warm. Last year it was too cold for the pool.

Oh yes - it was just the best... I felt just like a little kid who's (whose???) parent told them it's time to go home... I was so bummed that Josh was done - I could have floated around there all day. :lmao:

I am really happy to hear that you are making progress! That is awesome! I am having such a difficult time losing right now, and I am so frustrated about it. I feel like I am totally stuck. Grrrr... Why can't it be easier? I have been 110% committed since the day before Thanksgiving - and while I lost a good chunk initially - and then ballooned up in Aruba - then lost that right away, I am just stuck there, and my body doesn't want to budge. I keep telling myself to stick to it, but it's so frustrating to not see any progress when realistically - there should be amazing progress with as dedicated as I have been. Sigh. I'll give it more time, because I do believe in the benefits of IF, but I truly believed that I would finally make my original goal in time for our Disney trip, and it just doesn't look like that is going to happen for me, yet again - and it's super defeating.

I am excited to hear how this trip goes - and what rooms you end up in... Like I've said before - I love the location of the Magnolia pool view rooms, but the bathrooms are less than optimal... I sure wish SoG would gut those rooms and do a total overhaul on them - after all - they are SO outdated functionally, they really could have been overhauled 20 years ago and it would have been time then. ::yes:: But the location is worth the bathroom inconvenience, I think?

It will definitely add a new element to our Disney trips... With Allison being legal to drink on this trip and both girls being legal next trip - it should be a lot of fun. Keeping in mind that we aren't real big drinkers at all - so one or two is about our limit. LOL

Hoping for warm weather for you - sending pixie dust your way! :woohoo:

Oops :) Well, it was a great secret surprise while it lasted!!

That is serious excitement!! There is just something so extra magical about finding out you'll get to be at Disney World for your birthday!! :) I felt the same way about our trip in May when I realized it included my actual birthday. I love that childlike excitement! :)

It was - LOL! I just can't keep anything from them. ::yes::

Right - we are so excited about it! Both trips will be a lot of fun! :woohoo: I am anxious for yours!

Your trip plans sound wonderful! We went to California grill for dessert and a drink one night to watch the fireworks! What a great experience! The waiter couldn’t have been nicer ! It was so fun to go out on the “bridge “ and watch the fireworks! It’s not crowded and just magical to watch the fireworks from that height. Enjoy the planning! It’s half the fun! We are planning to go again in November 2020

We are pretty excited for it - it should be a lot of fun - and I love that we try to do something new each trip... Though sometimes it's very difficult to squeeze in all of our favorites - especially with "shorter" trips like this. ::yes::

That is awesome! Were they OK with you just going in for dessert? I never even thought about doing that. I'd love to hear more about it.

Yay for another trip to plan! :woohoo:

Oh yeah, the crowds for Galaxy's Edge will be INSANE! My DH is already talking about how he has no desire to return to the parks ever...except for Galaxy's Edge. We will HAVE to make a trip down when that opens. BUT, we fully intend to wait a while, hoping the crowds will eventually slow down.

DOUBLE DIGITS until your girls trip!!! :yay: Did you ever decide to do a fireworks experience or not?

Right? I am so nervous about it - and we aren't going again until May... but I look at what a mess Pandora and FoP still are nearly 2 years after opening - so I am holding out no hope for SWGE at all, it's going to be a mess for a very long time! ::yes::

I think I've decided against doing a fireworks experience... The only night it would really work for us is our HDDR night, and I feel like that's just too much. ::yes:: Though, Ruth (above), posted about doing the California Grill for dessert - I am anxious to hear more about that, that might be an option? We'll see? But as of now, no... :scratchin

Your trip sounds fun! I have a few thoughts on HDDR...to get there we usually take the boat from Contemporary. It is a fun ride and you go right past the ole' swimming hole - River Country. Taking the boat drops you pretty close to the dining hall so you don't have to take further transportation. Then, on the way back you could go view the fireworks from the viewing area on the 4th floor of the Contemporary. It has a pretty decent view and they pipe in the music.

Also, have you thought about getting an annual pass? If you are planning a spring 2020 trip it should cover both trips. That way you will also get the AP discounts for dining and merchandise. Might be worth considering. Not sure, but I think, you can upgrade your military tickets (but I could be wrong). In any event...sounds fun and love following along!

Thanks - this is exactly what I was thinking... We will be at the CR this morning and we will likely stop back in the afternoon to say hi to Suzi and family on our way to the boat dock for HDDR. :scratchin At least, that's how I think this day will go - we are going to wing it - so who knows? LOL But ideally - this is exactly how I want it to play out - it would work really well.

Hehehehe.... Great minds think alike... I've been crunching these numbers for weeks, trying to decide if it's worth the extra cost now??? I am going to post my numbers below, but I am seriously leaning towards another AP. ::yes:: It's mostly a break-even cost in the end, and I honestly - unless something major happens - can't do a 3rd trip this time to make it more cost effective... I am still on the fence about it - but I am leaning towards getting one. ::yes:: It won't really "save" me any $$... but it will save the girls some $$ and BMTL next year, and it's not like we aren't in a financial position to be able to afford it - it's just hard to choke down that much $$ at once - on top of the fact that we really weren't planning on doing this trip in the first place. LOL As you can see - I am struggling with it. ::yes::

How exciting! Your trip seems to be coming along nicely. I'm enjoying reading all of your updates.

It is!!! With this extra *fantastic* winter we are having - it's sure nice to be dreaming about Florida right now. ::yes:: As we prepare for the billionth weekend in a row of Winter Weather Warnings/Blizzard Warnings... ::yes:: Winter can be over any time. LOL

**************************************************************************************************************

Not too much exciting going on here... I have been super busy with work. Spring and Fall are my "busy times" as I take on extra projects that are very time consuming... I tend to put in a lot of over-time in these seasons. ::yes::

The girls are doing well and staying busy... Really busy! Between school, work, 2nd jobs and boyfriends... They are both a constant whirlwind in our lives. ::yes:: I am excited though - Allison is coming today, and planning to spend the night - due to the weather - so I will have both girls home tonight and under our roof... I don't know about you all - but that just makes this mom sleep easier at night. There is something very comforting to me having both of my girls here. Anyways, we are planning an afternoon of games and puzzles... Then I will make a nice dinner... maybe a few more games after. We are expected to get a nice winter storm this afternoon - so we'll kind of be stuck here anyways. We'll make the best of it and have fun.

Josh's back is doing much better... He's not walking crooked anymore - which is always a good sign. ::yes::

*************************************************************************************************************

So, over the last few weeks - Josh and I have seriously been considering getting me an AP. Believe it or not, it was Josh's idea initially! :eek: He remembered all the savings I was able to get out of my last one, and thought it might be worth some number crunching this time around to see if it would be cost effective again...

I did some number crunching, and this is what I came up with...

20190224_085737.jpg

Now - there are a few variables that I haven't edited above... The above numbers are figured using the "bridging theory" First off - I don't think that Disney technically "bridges" the 5 day Salute pass... Meaning, I pay $257 for it through SoG... but if I use 1 day of it, Disney would "bridge" it to an AP for the cost I'd pay for it at the gate, which is $334... I've heard some conflicting info here - some say Disney will bridge the Salute pass - and some say they won't... So it's really a crap shoot and depends on who is working at Guest Relations that day. So, there may be a bit of a cost discrepancy there? As shown above... IF Disney bridges it - the cost difference would be +$127.41 and then -5% if I pay in Disney GCs purchased with my Target Debit Card would make the cost difference $121.04

If WDW doesn't bridge the ticket - the cost difference would be a little different at +$240.11... buuut - I *could* save another 5% if I paid for it on Disney GCs purchased with my Target Debit Card... so that would be +$228.10 IF Disney doesn't bridge.... But then all of my ticket $$ would be locked into Disney GCs - and I'd be forced to purchase my AP through Disney regardless. :scratchin

I do know that I can upgrade my Salute tickets at SoG - for sure, 100% I know I can do this... So, the cost would be a little bit different... Over all cost difference on an AP doing it at SoG (over the course of the 2 trips) would be +$199.95... Which means - this is the amount I would have to "save" over the course of the 2 trips to make this a worthwhile deal... Can I get that much savings just in the -20% on souvenirs and -10% on sit-down dining? Probably. ::yes::

Then there's the whole "do I buy and pay for the AP with GCs purchased at Target to save an additional 5%?" But then all of my ticket $$ would be locked into Disney GCs - and I'd be forced to purchase my AP through Disney regardless. :scratchin

So, in a nut shell...

Purchase from Disney (if they bridge) - my cost difference is $121.04
Purchase from Disney (if they don't bridge) - my cost difference is $228.10
Purchase from SoG - my cost difference is $199.95

Middle of the road and guaranteed is SoG...

UGH - what would you do???? That $100 price difference between the highest and the lowest possible prices (both Disney) is a huge deal and not that much $$ in the grand scheme of things... but when your only way to make this cost effective is the savings on sit-down meals and merchandise purchases, that $100 is a big deal. Make sense?

So, the real question is... Do I purchase my AP on Disney GCs?? And lock in having to buy my AP through Disney - meaning they *could* be the most expensive (or the cheapest) option??? Or do I go the safe and guaranteed option and upgrade through SoG??? :scratchin

OK - that's enough math for this Saturday morning... Josh and I have to run to town before the snow starts.

Have a great weekend all - prayers and pixie dust to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

UGH - what would you do???? That $100 price difference between the highest and the lowest possible prices (both Disney) is a huge deal and not that much $$ in the grand scheme of things... but when your only way to make this cost effective is the savings on sit-down meals and merchandise purchases, that $100 is a big deal. Make sense?
I wouldn't count on Disney bridging the salute tickets for anything more than what you paid for them. It used to be that Disney would give the current value of the ticket when bridging, but that has changed. They now seem to know what you paid for your ticket and use that number, at least that is our experience. I had bought 5 day park hoppers from Underground Tourist for our son and grandsons before the price increase. Then when we went to Disney this past June, I wanted to add the water parks to the ticket. This would have been just a $22 cost per ticket, or something like that if I had purchased the tickets from Disney after the price increase. But the CM charged me $55 per ticket for the water parks add on, thereby wasting the benefit of buying tickets before the price increase. It also happened when we used MMW tickets to renew our AP's in 2017. They gave us the value of the ticket when we booked the package rather than the value of the ticket at the current rates. So both times bridging failed us. :(

I do know that I can upgrade my Salute tickets at SoG - for sure, 100% I know I can do this... So, the cost would be a little bit different... Over all cost difference on an AP doing it at SoG (over the course of the 2 trips) would be +$199.95... Which means - this is the amount I would have to "save" over the course of the 2 trips to make this a worthwhile deal... Can I get that much savings just in the -20% on souvenirs and -10% on sit-down dining? Probably. ::yes::
I would plan on using this "known" value in your decision making since it is a guarantee. :)

We love our AP's but get the most value out of them by resort room discounts. We don't buy very many souvenirs and other items in the shops, but when we do the 20% is nice. We eat at resort restaurants a lot and the AP discount is nice. :) You would have to spend $1,000 in qualifying merchandise purchases or $2,000 in qualifying restaurant costs, or some combination in between in order to break even. Make sure you check to see what restaurants are covered by the AP discount. Not all of them are, in fact, it is mostly resort restaurants.

One thing to consider is if you think you might sneak off to Disney with your friends, like you have done in the past, then an AP will make that worth the purchase. :) And if you have an AP and someone needed to buy a gift that they saw in one of the parks, and they didn't have a ticket that day, then you would be able to run in to get it for them. :)

So, the real question is... d Do I purchase my AP on Disney GCs?? And lock in having to buy my AP through Disney - meaning they *could* be the most expensive (or the cheapest) option??? Or do I go the safe and guaranteed option and upgrade through SoG??? :scratchin

I had a few reservations about using discounted gift cards for our annual pass renewals because my husband has been having health issues and I wasn't 100% sure that I wanted to lock all that cash into gift cards that could only be used at Disney. So I waited until almost the last minute before my discount for renewals expired before purchasing them. But I was also assured that the price wouldn't increase while I was making up my mind. :)

What I did for the 5 day park hoppers that I bought from Undercover Tourist was to use a credit card that gave me 1.5% cash back. The Undercover Tourist tickets were already a 5% discount over the Disney prices and the finances worked a little better to use a credit card for payment at that time. The 3.5% difference between using a rewards credit card and using Disney discounted gift cards was a small amount of money, anyway.

Last edited:
How exciting! I would go with SoG option. The option for possibly paying the higher price would scare me away from doing it at Disney.

We are also upgrading to APs this year it just seems to make sense for us with 3 trips and and the discounts.

I can completely follow your thinking on this, but I have no idea what I would end up deciding!! ....except for it's always been a goal of mine to be an AP, so any route that got me there would be worth it!!

Hope you enjoyed your overnight with the girls. The night before Thanksgiving, I always have to do an overnight at Hallmark for our Big Friday reveal, and I hate to drive all the way home afterward, so I go to my parents' house a few blocks away and sleep there. It's such a comforting feeling sleeping at my real HOME. I'm sure your girls felt the same!

But the location is worth the bathroom inconvenience, I think?
So we were in room 159, first floor facing the splash area of the pool. Our bathroom did have a separate door for the toilet/shower area from the sink area. Did you say some of those Magnolia rooms do not? It worked out well because one of us could shower and the other still use the sink. It's the same in the room we're at on Palm side now. I did notice that it seemed like our rooms could have been smoking rooms at one time--that lingering odor that they try and cover up with carpet fresh or something? Palm wing rooms that I've stayed in don't have that odor.

Keeping in mind that we aren't real big drinkers at all - so one or two is about our limit. LOL
Us either, but it's fun to be able to grab one of the fun drinks at Epcot or Trader Sam's!

Or do I go the safe and guaranteed option and upgrade through SoG???
Have you figured out what you will do?

I've stayed keto at Disney so far. I'm hoping that I will lose a pound or two with all the walking. It hasn't been as hard as I thought because I've been away from sugar and grains for long enough that I'm not craving them at all. Not sure if I'll lose weight, but I won't have to make up any ground when I return. The wedding is in about 6 weeks, so I can't afford to gain weight at this point! I'll be more flexible when we bring the grandkids in August (I want a grapefruit beer and a visit to Trader Sams!).

OK, put on your creative thinking cap! I'm trying to decide on some matching shirts. All the girls have president names (think kennedy, etc although that isn't any of their names, haha). So I was pondering shirts that said something like "Presidental Princesses" or Presidential Princess Patrol for the parents. Is that goofy (or won't make sense to anyone but us)? I don't think the parents will want their names on the shirts, but I could put the # of the president--only someone who has them memorized would figure it out? Anyway I'm up for any ideas you or others might have! There's 5 girls!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts