Open container law for RVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting ready to take the RV down to the beach in Florida next week. My daughter and her boyfriend will be riding down with us (they are both over the age of 21). I'm not sure that this will even occur, but if the boyfriend wants to drink a beer in the RV on the ride down, is it legal? My husband will be doing all of the driving, so we don't need to be concerned about drinking and driving, I just don't know how the open container laws apply to a passenger in an RV. Is it specific to the state you are driving in? We will be driving in Georgia and Florida.

For Florida - This could potentially be okay, provided the RV is larger than 21 feet in length.
According to Fla. Stat. §316.1936(5)(c)
Open container laws do not apply to passengers of a self-contained motor home which is in excess of 21 feet in length.

These old threads come scroll here on The Dis and come up in searches. Very easy to comment on an old one.

Welcome to DeanTsourakis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!