Open Restaurants Near Aulani

Paul Stupin

New DVC Member
My wife and I will be there in January. Would love to know, from anyone who has recently visited, what the open restaurants are within both walking and driving distance. The only ones I know are Makahiki on site, and Roy’s and Monkeypod. Thank you in advance!

Thank you for asking this question. I am watching this thread! We are going at the end of February and I am curious what is open/opening.

There are quite a few locals with YouTube channels that are reporting on open restaurants and activities around the island. Just a simple search will give you some good leads.

In addition to the places you mentioned, we got take out from Sushi Bay and Kalapawai Cafe in Kapolei, and enjoyed both. Sushi Bay was only available for takeout and Kalapawai Cafe had socially distanced seating inside and outside. You can order from both online (which is what we did). Oh, and Leonard's Bakery truck (which is parked near the Chili's in Kapolei) is also open... I believe 7am to 7pm for hot malasadas!

Oh, and Leonard's Bakery truck (which is parked near the Chili's in Kapolei) is also open... I believe 7am to 7pm for hot malasadas!
There is a Leonard's Truck?!?! You just made my day. My dad grew up on Honolulu and Leonard's is his favorite.

Kalapawai Cafe is great! We did takeout sandwiches a couple of times and dinner once. Can’t wait to go back and do another FEW dinners!

We just got back. What I haven't heard mentioned is the Pizza Corner. I liked their pizza myself, but know that you can't online order. Since they shut down their website still says online ordering and will walk you through the whole thing, but it won't work. Call or walk in. Sometimes you need to call a few times as they are running only a few staff and so they don't always have someone to answer the phone. But it was good for us.

Sadly, the Hawaiian BBQ / Lunch Plate store just across the street is completely emptied out and shut down :(.

Just Tacos in that same complex also looks shut down.

La Tour Cafe is also in Kapolei Commons for take out only. Yummy macarons & kouign amanns as well as great sandwiches & burgers. Mad Bene does take out & dine in & is a combination menu of their Italian food with bar food from DB Grill. There's also Young's Fish Market which specializes in Hawaiian food in the same shopping center. Take out only & very good Hawaiian food.
Sushi Bay mentioned by a PP is the best sushi on the West side. It's located in the Kapolei Shopping Center.
I've heard that Longhi's in the Marriott next door to Aulani is also open for dine in & take out.
If you like sweets, The Sugar Hut in Waianae is AWESOME! Take out only & you can order online for curb side delivery! Macarons, milkshakes, stuffed cookies, cupcakes etc! So good!! You can follow her on Instagram for specials.
Foodland Farms in Ka Makana Alii is a little further East but has a lot of specialty counters for take out: steak plates, burritos, poke & house made sausages & marinated meats for grilling. They also have a restaurant there for dine in called Mahi Ai Table & reservations are available on Open Table. Hope that helps!

Oh, and Leonard's Bakery truck (which is parked near the Chili's in Kapolei) is also open... I believe 7am to 7pm for hot malasadas!
Does anyone happen to know if they will be there past New Year's or will the truck move back to Kaneohe (the website seems to indicate that)...

We stopped by that location a week ago. There were other food trucks there as well and it seemed pretty permanent. But again, that is just a guess.

Does anyone happen to know if they will be there past New Year's or will the truck move back to Kaneohe (the website seems to indicate that)...

There are multiple Leonard's Malasada trucks around the island & the one in Kapolei has been there for years & doesn't travel to other locations as far as I know. There's another Leonard's truck in the parking lot at Pearlridge Shopping Center near Sears. I'm unsure about the Kaneohe truck since I rarely travel to that side of the island, but I'm sure it's a separate truck if there is one on the windward side.

There are multiple Leonard's Malasada trucks around the island & the one in Kapolei has been there for years & doesn't travel to other locations as far as I know. There's another Leonard's truck in the parking lot at Pearlridge Shopping Center near Sears. I'm unsure about the Kaneohe truck since I rarely travel to that side of the island, but I'm sure it's a separate truck if there is one on the windward side.
Thanks! Let's hope that stays. It's much more convenient to Aulani!

Thanks! Let's hope that stays. It's much more convenient to Aulani!
I looked up on Leonard's website and it would appear that the truck at Kapolei is moving back to Kaneohe after the first of the year. I went several days to the truck at Kapolei (once I figured out it was next to the Chilis - Leonard's website was not real clear on where it was, and if you went to the dot that they showed on their map, you couldn't see the truck - you have to drive all the way to the east of the shopping center near the Chili's), and there were no signs saying that it was moving. Only a sign that said they were open every day from 7am to 7 pm.

There is a Leonard's Truck?!?! You just made my day. My dad grew up on Honolulu and Leonard's is his favorite.
They had the Leonard's truck there, but the website makes it look like it is leaving after the first of the year. Hopefully that is not the case. The truck was great in that it had almost every type of malasada on their menu - the only thing the truck did not have was the macadamia nut filling for the malasada - they said you can only get that at their bakery in Honolulu.

Just returned from Aulani after being there 12/10-12/16.

In Kapolei, we ate at Kalapawai Cafe (indoor & outdoor seating), Teddy's Bigger Burgers (indoor & outdoor seating) and Ramen Bones (indoor seating). I believe all 3 offered to-go/takeout options. We did have to provide name/address/phone# for contact tracing at all 3 locations.

We did also get malasadas from Leonard's truck- they only offered 6 options: sugar, cinnamon sugar, li hing sugar, custard filled, chocolate filled, and haupia (coconut) filled. None of the other fillings or the special flavor of the month were available from the truck.

Most restaurants in Kapolei appeared to be open in some fashion.

We did go across to Monkeypod for happy hour one day. The deli in the Country Market (ABC store) was open, as was the coffee shop and the rolled ice cream store. Didn't go to the other side of the shopping area so not sure about the restaurants over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter