Opening of DL Question

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I just need some clarification on DL opening without EE.

If the stated opening time for DL is 9:00, does this mean that the gates actually open at 8:30 and people can hang out on Mainstreet until rope drop at 9:00?
OR
Does it mean the the gates open at 9:00 and people hang out on Mainstreet until rope drop at 9:30?

Thanks!

When we went a couple of weeks ago the rope drop was at 10 and they let us in at 9:30 to hang out.

Last time I went at opening (last december) they let us in about a half hour before opening time, but only on main street, then they dropped the rope at the advertised opening time.

They do the half hour before on Main Street and then the rope drop.
If it's an 8 am opening, then they open gates at 8 am, no rope drop, no extra time on Main Street (for a non EE day). On a 8 am opening EE day they have a few gates that are for EE only (all the other gates are closed), right before 8 am they switch all the gates to general entrance.

One tip I read was to stand in line for an EE gate, it will turn to a general entrance gate at 8 am, the line will be much shorter than the others.

Alos, look for lines that have a planter/tree in front of them. They are the gates closest to the middle. When you are in a long line you might not notice it at first, but the line splits around the planter. Those lines are quicker than others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter