Opening of new area in TDR (Beauty and the Beast, etc) postponed and park closer extended

gelatoni fan

DIS Veteran
Full details are here: http://tdr.eng.mg/4471f

The current plan is to remain closed through early April and postpone the new attraction and show openings till May. I personally think these may be further pushed back.

Ikspiari, Bon Voyage and the Disney Fantasy stores will remain closed but hotels remain open (some restaurants at reduced hours).

Thanks for posting this info...

We are suppose to go in Novemeber... 8 1/2 months away.... I am getting the feeling more and more that this trip is not going to happen...
I am still planning though... trying to keep the faith...

We're September following travels in Europe last half of August/early September and also think the trip is now very unlikely but unwilling to cancel everything yet in case I can minimise what may be substantial losses by clawing back some $ from various third parties and airlines where I have paid non refundable tickets/rooms if travel continues to be disrupted (or postponing til next year). I fear though flights with JAL will be a complete loss as Japan hasn't even cancelled the Olympics yet. Our travel insurance may cover some as it talks about cover if government recommends against travel following an epidemic but not counting on that either especially given the trip is another 5 months away!

JAL gave full refunds for my April trip starting fairly early in March. Even if they hadn't reversed their policy, their normal policy is $300 per ticket for a cancellation or $250 for a change. You should not lose your full ticket price.

Linkura thanks for that heads up - I admit I hadn't investigated cancellation fees yet, feeling it was a bit far out to call though as the chaos spreads I am psyched for a deferral to maybe May next year. The main rub is actually the Europe part is to visit our daughter who is living and working over there and is moving from Sweden to a new job in Norway (was to be May but now looking at work arounds as won't be til July at the earliest now probs til Norway starts processing new residence visas and allows border crossings for her to start work). It just may mean being even longer til we see her again. We Skype but it's not the same as in person contact but we could be a lot worse off of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts