Opinion on Resort in Orlando

pnorto

Earning My Ears
I have been offered a package to visit Silver Lake Resort in Orlando. For $299 I get three nights four days with a one bedroom suite plus two more nights in Coco beach. I have to go through a sales pitch but a timeshare or vacation plan like Disney's is something me and my wife are interested in getting involved in the next couple of years. The package includes tickets for two to one of the Universal parks. Has anyone ever been to Silver Lake or know anything about it. We are planning for a big trip for next year but I thought a quickie this fall far $300 would be a good deal? Any thoughts or previous experiences would be apprecited.

Thanks for any help

Patrick

Little Rock, AR

BTW this is my first post so go easy on me.

Hi Patrick, Welcome to the DIS!! DH and I went to a Silver Lake presentation. The resort is pretty nice although I didn't really see too many children. The presentation wasn't too bad either although it could be because we seriously considered purchasing. We didn't stay there though so I really can't tell you how nice it was to stay in. The rooms were pretty. The resort itself is set back on a secondary road from 192. To tell you the truth, I wasn't that crazy about the landscaping but other than that it seemed nice enough.

I will tell you one comment that I have seen about Orlando timeshares is that it is almost better to buy a timeshare elsewhere and trade into Orlando (which apparently is very easy to do). It would seem that Orlando is much easier to trade into than out of.

BTW, in case you were wondering we wound up purchasing DVC that trip....

Welcome to DIS!

If you do a search on this resort name, here on the DIS forums, you will likely find a few threads with some detail about this resort. It is well-rated and well-reviewed with Timeshare Users Group - TUG. We would try it. :) Just curious which resort or hotel you'll be visiting in Cocoa Beach? The Resort on Cocoa Beach is supposedly a beautiful resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter