opinions--best place for the 50th celebration in May

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I have decided DH and I will take a 5 night trip the week of Memorial Day. I did the availability tool for a 1 BR at my favorites (BLT, GF, BWV , not Poly obviously) and Riviera, where we have never been. Lots of things open!

Where would the best base resort be to enjoy the 50th anniversary things? I'm willing to pay for Genie Plus overall and Lightning Lane for ROTR and Ratatouille so I don't have any rope drop runs. I can get a GF standard view, BLT lake view, Boardwalk view at BWV, or standard view at Riviera. I don't know anything about Riviera standard view--what does it consist of--and how well the skyliner works if we stay there.
Suggestions are appreciated!

Are you intending a cash reservation through Disney or a point reservation. If a point reservation, you are currently more than 7-months out from a five-day period that has Memorial Day weekend in it, and, unless you own the particular resort, you cannot reserve until you are 7-months out from date of arrival, meaning what you are seeing available now may not be available then.

Otherwise, any of the rooms you are seeing would be fine. The main focus of the 50th is MK and thus being within walking distance to it (either BLT lake view, or VGF standard) may be a choice to make. BWV boardwalk view would also be good if you want one of the best views from your room that exist at WDW and easy access to Epcot and Studios. I am still not clear on the division of standard v. preferred at Riviera but the rooms are really nice. Skyliner is excellent when working. It usually works (problems are much less now than when it first began) but thunderstorms (which can occur in May) will result in temporary shut-downs.

Good point. I am using points and I always do wonky math. I don't really want to stay at my home resort. I hope I have these options at the end of the month. The studios are gone at Riviera already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter