Opinions please....MK on a party day when you aren't going to the party?

littlbugmom

DIS Veteran
What are your opinions about going to MK the day of MVMCP if you're NOT planning on going to the party?
We have a half day to schedule the week before christmas. Rope drop that day until 4:00pm? Should we avoid that day because of the party?

If you're going there and leaving there early, it's great. Most people without park hoppers or APs won't choose to go there since it closes so early and there is no chance of seeing fireworks.

People with party tickets won't go until 4:00 unless they have an AP.

So the day hours should be fairly uncrowded.

I really like mornings st the MK on a party day. In my experience the crowds are much more manageable than on the few days when the park has nighttime hours and HEA.

Generally MK has lower crowds on a party day due to people not wanting to waste a day ticket.

It isn't always guaranteed but it's a relatively safe bet you'll experience lower crowds and be able to achieve quite a bit

I don't have hoppers and I am watching the fireworks on another night, so I'm hoping we can get a lot accomplished from rope drop to 4:00 pm! We will prob stay until 7 even though it might be a mad house, but won't have major plans to ride the headliners at that point.

What if it's a morning EMH and a party night? Can we still expect lower crowds until 4pm, or does the EMH mess up the general rule?

We had our best mk day EVER going on a party night. It was the week after t giving and even at 4 it wasn't to bad, noticably more crowded but not bad. We got there around 10 I think and stayed til about 7. We saw the castle lighting on way out. Will do again if we have opportunity.

We went on 2 party days last November. The crowds were very manageable, one of the days we walked on every ride we went to for 3 hours after RD. Everyone was saying how busy the non-party days were at MK so I'm glad we skipped them.

We have always gone to MK on party days and have always loved it. At 4 pm the party sea of humanity comes in, and we usually leave shortly after for an off-site dinner around 5/5:30 pm.

HOWEVER, this year, Disney has added AM EMH on the party dates around our September trip. It's very possible that the parks won't be as uncrowded as previous years. But, we won't know how much crowded until the parties start taking place.

We're going on a EMH / party day in November and I'm not too worried about it being crowded. I don't change my plans because of crowd calendars, though.

What if it's a morning EMH and a party night? Can we still expect lower crowds until 4pm, or does the EMH mess up the general rule?

We have always gone to MK on party days and have always loved it. At 4 pm the party sea of humanity comes in, and we usually leave shortly after for an off-site dinner around 5/5:30 pm.

HOWEVER, this year, Disney has added AM EMH on the party dates around our September trip. It's very possible that the parks won't be as uncrowded as previous years. But, we won't know how much crowded until the parties start taking place.

I just noticed this for our trip in September. We typically take a big trip in November. I looked back over last year's schedule and for most party days MK had regular park open at 8:00, not EMH specifically. I still think the crowds will be a bit lower, but not significantly. Psychologically, resort guests might be more enticed to go because it's a "special perk" vs. the idea that the park opens at 8 (just like any normal day).

One of the reasons I get park hoppers is because I go during party times and can go to the MK on party days then hop elsewhere for the rest of the day. I think those days tend to be less crowded than non-party days because there's no night time entertainment for those without party tickets and people who don't have hoppers don't want to "waste" a MK day on an abbreviated day with no fireworks. That suits me fine. But if you get there at RD (especially if it's a morning EMH day) it's still a long day at the MK and you can get a lot done.

We went to MK three days the week after Thanksgiving 2016. All three were MVMCP party days. Each day, we arrived at RD and got everything done we wanted to do, and plenty more. And, we don't purchase hoppers either.

Disney lets the party crowd enter the parks at 4pm, so by 4:30-4:45, MK was starting to get crowded and the wait times for rides went up. We did our shopping off Main street at that time and left MK shortly after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!