Oprah Discussing Autism Today

KathyRN137

DIS Veteran
FYI: In honor of Autism Awareness Month, Oprah will be discussing Autism on her show today, Thursday, 4/5.

Kathy:grouphug:

I am taping this since I am at work. Looking forward to watching it later.

Yeah, you gotta give her props for at least trying.

I find that when I watch shows like that, I look for things, I notice things, just to see... like if Oprah was using "person first" (not usually) and the parents were (yep)... or okay, I don't want to open up "the can" here but if the immunization issue would be brought up and how it would be handled... or if I see any kids that I think are like DS (most on that show were more severe)... I remember when the 1-in-150 stat hit, on the news (ABC? maybe) they kept referring to autism as a "disease" and it drove me nuts...

And of course, to get in my weekly cry in, which I usually reserve for Extreme Makeover Home Edition. ;)

Not to hop topic, but has anyone else registered w/ the Interactive Autism Network? I went there yesterday and filled out the questionairres. They also have a message board, although it's new and not very active yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter