OT- Oui Yogurt in glass jars

3mickeymom

DIS Veteran
I love this yogurt in these adorable glass jars. They are the perfect size for repurposing and gifts but they come with a tear-off foil lid. Has anyone come across a plastic lid that fits these jars? For instance, the green lid of parmesan cheese fits perfectly on mason jars. You guys always seem to have the answers.

I love those jars, too!

I hope you'll get some answers. I ordered some Weck plastic lids from Amazon, and they allllllllmost fit. They're a bit big. I even washed them in the dishwasher to see if they would shrink. :laughing:

These are the ones: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2ZN4M5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They fit, and stay on, but would not be spillproof as far as liquids go, I don't think.

So far I've come up with nothing as far as repurposing other lids. :scratchin

Oh i hope someone knows. I just started buying these yogurts and love the bonus of having the glass jar to repurpose :) They would make cute tea light holders just FYI

You can put all kinds of sewing notions in them, buttons, eye hooks and etc...just sit them in a drawer upright.

Thank you for the replies. it looks like the amazon caps that tnkr_bell mentioned are for Welk canning jars. They are very cute but a little pricey at around $4.25 each I was hoping Pringle lids would work, but they don't. If anyone finds something, let me know.

UPDATE - I found cheap OUI yogurt jar lids! I am happy to say that the plastic lids sold at Petco for the small cat food cans fit the small OUI glass jar perfectly and do not leak. I even had a few laying around already. Sometimes little things can make you so happy. Pass the news around.

UPDATE - I found cheap OUI yogurt jar lids! I am happy to say that the plastic lids sold at Petco for the small cat food cans fit the small OUI glass jar perfectly and do not leak. I even had a few laying around already. Sometimes little things can make you so happy. Pass the news around.

I wondered about those. I just recently tried the Oui yoghurt and after seeing it in person thought it was about the size of a Fancy Feast can :) Good to know. thx.

BTW - what did you use to soak off the labels? I tried soaking them in hot water and Dawn - but no luck! I'm going to paint some designs on them and gift as tea light candle holders for Christmas. Thanks!

BTW - what did you use to soak off the labels? I tried soaking them in hot water and Dawn - but no luck! I'm going to paint some designs on them and gift as tea light candle holders for Christmas. Thanks!

Hi
try Goo Be Gone
999999-70048778193.jpg

cute picture of them here
https://www.facebook.com/OuibyYoplait/

Hugs Mel

Vegetable oil works well. use a cotton ball an let sit on glue a couple a minutes. Use a scrubby or pan scrapper to scrape off jar.

I would love to hear your ideas for use of these jars. Please post what you use your OUI yogurt jars for, either craft or utility. Right now, I am just using them in drawers to organize small items and for my leftover cat food that comes in a pouch. With the platic cat can lid, of course!

Are the lids sold separately? I don't have any pets.

I took my labels off using a blow dryer, works really well but be careful not to burn your fingers. I used a kitchen mitt.

I'm back to say that these make the perfect first glass for my 2.5 year old grandson. He's sitting at the table with us now (as opposed to sitting in a high chair) so I'm transitioning away from plastic cups with lids for meal times. He thinks he's fancy. :cool2:

I used the pet food lid recommendation and it worked like a charm! The jars are such a great size. Glad this was resurrected so I could say thank you. Mrs. Bradbury, I'm going to remember this for my grandson!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter