OT...underwear issues with a little girl :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DD complained for awhile too and finally we found Justice boys cut(I think this is the same as the Hipster)

What I have learned is the she didn't like bikini or briefs but the boys cut was comfy.

We get Justice but I think any boy's cut/hipster style would work as long as the cotton was soft.

http://www.shopjustice.com/girls-clothing/pjs-undies/underwear

They are $6.00 each but it is buy 4 get 4 free. Which is $3.00 a pair (not too bad).

Glad this was posted --

My DD will be potty training soon and one of the things I notice is that the girls pants now are cut so "low" in the waist. I'm not super conservative but I sure don't want DD suffering from plumbers crack either :rotfl:

Right now you see her diaper sticking out the back so while annoying, it's not too much of a problem. I bought her first set of undies at Carters and boy do they look skimpy (we haven't tried them on yet - JUST got them the other day).

Are the boy shorts ones you all have mentioned good at covering the bum? Which ones are if any?

Glad this was posted --

My DD will be potty training soon and one of the things I notice is that the girls pants now are cut so "low" in the waist. I'm not super conservative but I sure don't want DD suffering from plumbers crack either :rotfl:

Right now you see her diaper sticking out the back so while annoying, it's not too much of a problem. I bought her first set of undies at Carters and boy do they look skimpy (we haven't tried them on yet - JUST got them the other day).

Are the boy shorts ones you all have mentioned good at covering the bum? Which ones are if any?

My dds' are cut a bit low, but no crack, and you can't see them poking out of their pants. They tend to be form fitting, not bunchy, and with full butt coverage, even for dd8, who is super-skinny, but has a little booty going on.

My dds' are cut a bit low, but no crack, and you can't see them poking out of their pants. They tend to be form fitting, not bunchy, and with full butt coverage, even for dd8, who is super-skinny, but has a little booty going on.

Cool - so even when seated on the floor, like "criss cross" or squat down, the undies stay put?

ETA: One more question - does Hanes offer these for Toddlers? She's just barely 2 and the link above looks like it's all girls sizes.

Hanes does do toddler sizes, but the links I posted I dont think they have those specifically in toddlers. But they do have a toddler section on the website.

Cool - so even when seated on the floor, like "criss cross" or squat down, the undies stay put?

The boys cut that we have for my kids do. The are form fitting but don't look too tight. Cover the whole bottom and high enough in the back but not too high so they are seen while wearing most pants.

The front sits a lower than the back but not so low that its skimpy. They also cover the hip area more than bikini's.

Make sure you are buying your DD the right size underwear, my kids were always bigger than their regular pants size and my kids are all between 50 and 60 percentile in their height and weight (so not over weight) .

My neice and nephews are ALWAYS picking at themselves and I decided to ask my sister-in-law about it one day and she got mad at me, but I know their underwear has to be too tight on the poor kids, it just really bugs me.

Make sure you are buying your DD the right size underwear, my kids were always bigger than their regular pants size and my kids are all between 50 and 60 percentile in their height and weight (so not over weight) .

My neice and nephews are ALWAYS picking at themselves and I decided to ask my sister-in-law about it one day and she got mad at me, but I know their underwear has to be too tight on the poor kids, it just really bugs me.

:thumbsup2 agreed

Also agree. Usually need 1 size bigger than pants.

My son is very sensitive about the waist band. He only wears Hanna Andersson. They are worth every the more expensive price!

Gymboree underwear is tagless. At least for DD (almost 5), it fits well too. It doesn't ride up or move around much. She is very picky about her clothes too-only dresses no pants. She doesn't seem to have any issues with the Gymboree underwear.

Gymboree underwear is tagless. At least for DD (almost 5), it fits well too. It doesn't ride up or move around much. She is very picky about her clothes too-only dresses no pants. She doesn't seem to have any issues with the Gymboree underwear.

My dd did not do well with gymboree undies. They have elastic legs and waist and are very narrow in the crotch with high legs. They were major wedgie and super irritable for her. :(

Justice for Girls also makes good undies. My DD has been wearing them since she was 6 and loves them. They are tag less and do not move plus the hold up very well with washing.

DD who also wears seamless socks from Stride Rite, turns her underwear with seams inside out. She also has some from Hanes I think that she can wear normally. I didn't look to see if they are the ones mentioned previously.

Other DD who doesn't have issues with her seams and such, wore her new comfortable Hanes the first day...after school we were in a store and she stopped and said "By the way, Mom, these new underwear are SO comfortable". It cracked me up!

Do they make the boy-cut briefs for little girls? The ones that look like boy-cut swim suits?

We're not there yet with DD, but will be soon.

my daughter has a similar problem and she loves the boy shorts or whatever they are called. They are like a cross between hipsters and bike shorts. kid of like cotton boxers. I just checked the ones at hanna and they look great. I may have to get some of them to try. I also second buying a size larger so they are looser.

My DD started complaining about her undies last year when she was 5. So I bought her some boy ones. She loves them. So now she wears all boy underwear. No one can see them and she no longer complains about her underwear....problem solved for us.

I bought my dd the boy short undies at Walmart. I cant remember what brand they are, but I got size 2t-3t. She much prefers them to regular underwear and they were less than $6 for a 3 pack. I got them in the baby/toddler dept.

My 6 year old dd is the same way. I usually size up when she starts complaining. She has issues with elastic, tags, and certain fabrics. I know it's a sensory issue, but I don't make a big deal out of it. I just cut tags out before she notices. Makes it a pain with nice clothes if I want to resale them or save them for my younger girls. Gymboree undies are the most comfortable for her. I believe they are usually 3/$12 or I can find cheap ones in the clearance bins. I haven't tried Hanna Anderson like others have mentioned, but I'm sure they are nice like the rest of their clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter