Other Options...

Just got back from my REI Salktantay Trek to Machu Picchu in Peru. https://www.rei.com/adventures/trips/latin/machu-picchu-salkantay.html We had an amazing time. This was my first REI trip, and I think they compare very favorably to Nat Geo. I've done two active adventure/hiking trips with Nat Geo. The Salkantay (Inn to Inn) itineraries are virtually identical (as is the one through Backroads). REI was quite a bit cheaper--around $1000+ per person. It looks like Nat Geo stays in a nicer hotel in Cusco and there are a couple extra meals in Cusco as well, including a welcome and farewell dinner that I actually did find lacking in the REI itinerary. I'd probably put REI just a notch below Nat Geo because of this, although the price difference makes it a bit of a wash. Wouldn't hesitate to travel with them again for a trip like this.

We traveled business on LATAM and absolutely loved the product. Also want to throw out props for the Marriott El Convento hotel that we stayed at for our two pre-nights. It's a FABULOUS hotel and a jewel in the Marriott empire. They said they were one of the top three Marriotts in the world, and I don't doubt them. Stellar service and I'd go back in an instant.

Does anyone have experience in traveling in Jordan? I'm looking for a recommended private guide or tour provider. My dw and I are heading there next spring and are planning on traveling to Petra and the surrounding area.

Does anyone have experience in traveling in Jordan? I'm looking for a recommended private guide or tour provider. My dw and I are heading there next spring and are planning on traveling to Petra and the surrounding area.

Kevin, sending you a DM.

...dave

We toured Italy with Tauck 4 years ago and really wanted to do their England, Ireland and Scotland Tour next year but they changed it to a 14 day tour and I can not take that much time off. Any recommendations for another tour company? TIA

A quick note that we received our Backroads swag for our upcoming trip. 2 great t-shirts and 2 luggage tags. The shirts are high quality active-wear, and mine is a women's cut so it's flattering. Have worn it already. Also 2 really nice luggage tags.

I'm one that would be fine with zero swag, but I think if you're going to do it it's a good chance to solidify your brand. The active-wear shirt for an active vacation is spot on.

Any experience with Classic Journeys? I'm considering doing their Culture+Walking Croatia itinerary next September solo. They have a very reasonable single supplement.

No personal experience, but dh's cousin travels single with them frequently. She highly recommends them. I don't think she's done Croatia.

A quick note that we received our Backroads swag for our upcoming trip. 2 great t-shirts and 2 luggage tags. The shirts are high quality active-wear, and mine is a women's cut so it's flattering. Have worn it already. Also 2 really nice luggage tags.

I'm one that would be fine with zero swag, but I think if you're going to do it it's a good chance to solidify your brand. The active-wear shirt for an active vacation is spot on.
Congrats. The T-shirts I got were very poor quality, as was the printing. I guess I chose the wrong option.

Sayhello

Congrats. The T-shirts I got were very poor quality, as was the printing. I guess I chose the wrong option.

Sayhello
Recently? Maybe they've changed them? T-shirts in general are so much better these days than they used to be, with all the different fabrics.

Recently? Maybe they've changed them? T-shirts in general are so much better these days than they used to be, with all the different fabrics.
I ordered right when they announced the swag. I'd have to check, but it was maybe 3-4 weeks ago.

Sayhello

Sayhello[/QUOTE]
I ordered right when they announced the swag. I'd have to check, but it was maybe 3-4 weeks ago.

Sayhello
You ordered a Backroads t-shirt? I'm referring to the gifts we got for our upcoming Backroads trip.

Edited - just occurred to me maybe you meant an ABD shirt? I thought you were referring to the Backroads trip you did several years ago.

Sayhello
You ordered a Backroads t-shirt? I'm referring to the gifts we got for our upcoming Backroads trip.

Edited - just occurred to me maybe you meant an ABD shirt? I thought you were referring to the Backroads trip you did several years ago.
I thought you meant ABD! They recently started selling swag. My bad!! Well, that explains that! :)

Sayhello

OK, well I was planning on ordering family shirts for our family river cruise. Based on your review I will pass unless I quality improves before next summer.

Better off ordering family T shirts off the internet with a personal family message for your trip. That is always fun when you see a family at WDW with matching shirts.

That's a bummer about the ABD shirts, SayHello!

Austin Adventures also provided dri fit shirts on our adventure this summer. All 5 of us wore them at least 3x on the trip. They were great! I did not love mine from fashion perspective but they were good quality and perfect for our trip (rainy season, snorkeling, beach, etc.).

Shirts have GOT to be less expensive than make up bags to produce. I think everyone would love an ABD shirt in the box (even if it's not the greatest shirt). I have no idea why they don't do this.

OK, well I was planning on ordering family shirts for our family river cruise. Based on your review I will pass unless I quality improves before next summer.
I've heard the hoodies are really good quality. Just not the T-shirts.

Sayhello

We toured Italy with Tauck 4 years ago and really wanted to do their England, Ireland and Scotland Tour next year but they changed it to a 14 day tour and I can not take that much time off. Any recommendations for another tour company? TIA

Are you looking for something that matches the Tauck experience as far as fine hotels and such? Or looking for a company that can do those countries within a short amount of time? How many days are you looking to travel?

Are you looking for something that matches the Tauck experience as far as fine hotels and such? Or looking for a company that can do those countries within a short amount of time? How many days are you looking to travel?
I would love to have the Tauck experience in about 7-10 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!