Other things to do

allymouse

Mouseketeer
Hi All!

We will be staying at the Marriott World Center/Sabal Palms for a week before hitting the Poly for 3 nights. What else is there to do in the area besides Disney? Not sure if we will venture to Universal. We have a 1 year old in addition to the rest of my family.

Can anyone recommend restaurants and things to do with a 1 year old?

Thank you!

SeaWorld

Aquatica

Discovery Cove

Showcase of Citrus

Gatorland

Sea Life Aquarium

The Orlando Eye (ICON Orlando)

The Outta Control Dinner Show

A beach day (Cocoa or Daytona are only about an hour from Orlando)

Wild Florida

Legoland

It's going to be tough to find things specifically geared to a one year old, but all of those places I listed are family friendly.

Hi All!

We will be staying at the Marriott World Center/Sabal Palms for a week before hitting the Poly for 3 nights. What else is there to do in the area besides Disney? Not sure if we will venture to Universal. We have a 1 year old in addition to the rest of my family.

Can anyone recommend restaurants and things to do with a 1 year old?

Thank you!

I would not bother with Universal unless the rest of your group is really interested - not too much there to entertain a 1 year old.

I would suggest:

Last edited:
I think Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina and mjhtvchick have good lists. We like SeaWorld for a good mix of shows, attractions, and opportunities to get close to some of the wildlife.

I know you said 'not Disney' but you are close to Disney Springs and you probably won't want to spend any of your three 'Disney Days' visiting there. Plenty of restaurants for the family and of course the Disney stores for the kids. You could also do some resort hopping. The AKL makes for a nice visit.

We had fun at the Showcase of Citrus. It is old fashioned and not glitzy at all. It is not for everyone if they are expecting Magic and action the whole time.
We loved the Orlando Skeleton Museum (Museum Of Osteology). White it only took us 45 minutes to do it was still extremely well done.

There is LOTS to do in the Orlando area outside of theme parks, here are a few recommendations:
Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter