OUR 2017 DISNEY CRUISE TO THE SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN ON THE MAGIC!

Capt. Jack's crew

Earning My Ears
Intro:

This is my first trip report, so if you have any suggestions please comment them. I'm the DD of our crew, and I was sailing with my mom and dad. I will be referring to my mom as DM (Disney mom) and my dad as DF (Disney father).

IMG_1290.JPG

This was our third cruise; all of which have been with Disney. As I stated in the title this was a Southern Caribbean cruise on the Magic. This was our second Caribbean cruise. Here is what our trip looked like:
  • Day 1: Leave House
  • Day 2: Fly Out
  • Day 3: Board Boat
  • Day 4: At Sea
  • Day 5: Barbados
  • Day 6: St. Lucia
  • Day 7: Martinique
  • Day 8: Antigua
  • Day 9: St. Kitts
  • Day 10: Disembark
  • Day 11: Day in San Juan
  • Day 12: Fly Back
There will be more soon.

Last edited:
Day 1: Leaving the House

We left the house late on Day 1, starting the hour long drive to the airport. On the way, we stopped and did some shopping before looking for some food. We all had appetizers since we had had lupper (late lunch/early supper) at home, in the afternoon.

IMG_20170421_204340.jpg

Then we continued on to the airport, parking the car and taking the shuttle to the airport. Our flight was supposed to leave at 12:05 am (day 2), after checking-in and going through security we headed for our gate to find some chairs while waiting for our flight. There was a flight crew at our gate, and after a short time, they headed to another gate. Dad went and asked the airline representative what was going on, and was told that our flight had moved to another gate, so we moved there and continued waiting. Shortly after we moved there, the flight crew went back to the first gate. Shortly after, they announced that our flight had been moved back to the first gate. By this time it was around 12:05 so we knew the flight would be late. Boarding started shortly after that and by 12:30 we where all comfortably on the plane. The view leaving the airport was beautiful.

1 (5).jpg
1 (7).jpg
It was around a 3 1/2 hour long flight. DM slept for most of it, dad dozed off for a little bit before I accidentally woke him up (I didn't realize he was asleep), and I tried to sleep. I couldn't sleep, so I ended up playing Sudoku for most of the flight because I didn't want to wake DM up with the reading light.

I should start getting ready for bed. To be continued. Good night everybody.

Last edited:

Awaiting your report. We were on the same cruise. It will be fun to get someone elses experience.

We were on this cruise too! Had a blast, can't wait to read your review.

Sorry I haven't posted. We've been busy the last few weekends.

Our flight landed at 6 o'clock local time in Toronto. Once we got off the plane, we picked up some water and started looking for our next gate. The airport was really busy even though it was 6 in the morning. The signs leading to the gate led us out of the secure side and we had to go back through security.:crazy2: This meant that we had to throw out the huge bottle of water that we just bought and hadn't even opened yet. At that point I was extremely frustrated with the airport. Then we went to find our gate. After we made sure we were in the right place this time we went to find some breakfast. We found a really cool place where you used a tablet to order your food. After we ate, we went back to the gate and I took a short nap on the benches while we waited for our flight.

When it was time to start boarding, the guy who was calling out the groups was funny, which was really nice, especially since it added to the excitement of going on the cruise. As we were getting on to the plane I heard the family behind us talking about going on a cruise on the Disney Magic; I asked if they were getting on the boat the next day, because that was what we were doing. As it turned out, they were, so that was kind of cool. Almost as soon as we got in the air, I fell asleep, and slept for an hour or two which felt really good. After that I started writing some notes (for this post). After that I played Sudoku. Then I realized that I lost my headphones and played with DM.

I am still waiting and hoping. We learned a lot on this cruise. Like don't let Disney arrange your flight to San Juan, they will take you from Orlando to Charlotte NC ,then to San Juan. Yikes! I think sailing from Port Canaveral is much more special. Our kayaking in Martinque was our only disappointment on the cruise.

We started in Orlando. We live there about six months a winter. Home is in Michigan. This was our second Disney cruise. I don't want to hijack this report, but I was hoping for a someone else's experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter