Our biggest WDW vacation yet (but with the littlest guests)- A May PTR! Updated 4/27!

They are SO sweet!

We decided to add 5 days at Disneyland before Aulani next summer and I am really looking forward to experiencing it for the first time. :)

Dapper Day looks amazing! The next WDW Dapper day falls during my and Caroline's December trip and I cannot wait!

Compromise is always the key. :)

A mediterranean cruise would be lovely!

I always go home to PEI every summer to my cottage. Then I have a LONG list of where I want to go; Japan, Ireland, Austria, Iceland, Peru, Hawaii (next summer!!), an Atlantic Crossing on the Queen Mary, The Hebrides In northern Scotland, Greece and so on.

Location is everything at CBR. I was in Martinique which was amazing. I would happily do Aruba as it's so close to Riviera.

Love this!

Cute!

I need this one!!

I have this in the lighter blue pattern from two years ago. It's such a great dress and super comfortable!

Adorbs!!

The outfits are all so sweet!

Perfect description!

Yum!

I need to try this!

I love this drink!
Disneyland before Aulani sounds like the absolute PERFECT trip!! So sorry you had to postpone, but it sounds like it was the right call and you'll REALLY be able to enjoy it more! :) Japan is also on my bucket list!!

It was funny; I almost bought the Lilly dress in the light blue color as well, but I had to show some restraint :laughing: It's so light and breezy and will be perfect for the parks!
I am not a drinker, but I would love to try all of those drinks you shared! Some of the combinations sound heavenly. I just choose to eat my calories instead! I have never tried Ube but now I am on a mission to find it. Must go to Hawaii! :D

My recent favorite thing is to get hot cocoa when it is a bit chilly (rare, but it was in CA and in December at WDW) because I think they put crack in it. No really, it just hits the spot. We aren't coffee drinkers, so maybe this is what the Geoffrey's lovers think about the coffee in the park? We had never been when I wanted a hot drink so this is just new information for me.
I am the same way with drinking my calories :laughing: DIET COKE FOR LIFE!!

Love your blurb about the hot chocolate; way back when Mom and I first started going to Disney together, we got refillable mugs (which we had never done before since we had never done the dining plan). It became our own little post-park ritual to fill up our mugs with hot chocolate and watch a Lifetime movie in the room before bed. So, hot chocolate always reminds me of WDW :lovestruc
This is definitely a slam dunk! I love the peanut butter cold brew and can't go to Gideon's without getting one. So delicious.
Sooo excited to try it! I'm hoping to grab one on our very first day to combat the early morning and travel day!!
ALL the drinks!! MMMMMM. My favorite place to drink a Disney cocktail is the Tune-In Lounge at 50's Primetime. I love Dad's Electric Lemonade. You know, if it's blue and has a glow cube, i am all in! :)
That sounds like my kind of drink too!! :) I also love the PB&J milkshake from Tune-In Lounge, although I think you actually need to go into 50's PT now to order it!!
Yes, I agree! That would’ve been so fun! Maybe someday… :goodvibes

I drink alcohol so rarely now, but this sounds delicious. I love mojitos! Plus, staying at the Poly I have to get at least one drink from Trader Sam’s. ;)

This sounds so good - I’ve never heard of it!

What are you doing to me with all these snack and drinks?! My must-try list keeps growing! :laughing:

As for my favorite drinks, POG juice and the Peanut Butter and Jelly milkshake from 50’s Prime Time are both must-dos. I also love the Grey Goose citron lemon slush France as I’m a huge lemon/citrus fan. I also love the Pina Colava!

New “must-try” drinks for me include the Night Blossom in Pandora and the Cold Brew Black Caf in Galaxy’s Edge. I may also try the Adventureland Colada during our dinner at Skipper Canteen.
If you love mojitos, you must try the Mosquito Mojito!!!! I promise, you will not be disappointed- it's my favorite mojito ever (and I've had A LOT ::yes::). You can get one from the Tiki Terrace at the Poly too if it's too hard to get into Trader Sam's!

I've tried and loved all of your favorite drinks :) The Night Blossom is great- it reminds me a lot of the Violet Lemonade at F&G!!
yeah!!! We are actually looking to take our first cruise. Andy really wants to give it a try, so it might be our next spring break trip! We will see! I looked this morning and there is a 4 night cruise the week the girls will more than likely have off! So, we will see!!!!

I normally hate the princess security shirts, but having it on her twin brother is adorable!

Also adorable!!!

And these!!! Amazing!!! So cute!

I love this picture!!! So cute!

So, I applied to work there once! They had an opening for a project manager and I that is what I do. I was like I am PERFECT for this job! Didn't even get a response from them.... ;( Molly leaving there also makes me wonder about how that place is run a little. But I agree the idea of working for disney food blog would be a dream!

Me either. I am too old to be hung over!!! Tispy yes.... but def not full on drunk. I need to go find your Aluni trip report!
Ooooo definitely let me know if you end up booking the cruise!! That will be a fun new experience for you guys!

That is SO interesting about DFB. Their loss!!!!! I love watching Molly and Mammoth Club; Jake and I loved watching her staycations of CSR, POFQ, and CBR. I've definitely heard all of the gossip about how her channel is pulling in a lot of the views since leaving AllEars :rolleyes1

Molly’s Must-Do Disney (Stop and Smell the Roses)!

Happy Saturday, DISfriends! Hope you guys are having a great weekend so far. It’s a BEAUTIFUL day in Milwaukee- 75 degrees and sunny! Definitely getting us pumped for some Florida weather :goodvibes

I did have to go into work for a little bit today (booo), but I’m happy to do it since that means that I’m that much closer to vacation! These next couple weekends are going to be full of packing, laundry, and various errands. After work this morning, I crossed one thing off my pre-trip to-do list; get my hair done!

Here’s the before:

(Yes, we do have a Mickey Christmas wreath on our door. Yes, it’s almost May. Don’t judge us :rotfl:).

The during :laughing:

And here’s the after! Much better!

It was funny; the girl who does my hair is going to WDW later this summer, so we chatted a lot about Disney. I was asking her where she’s staying, their park plans, etc. and she answered. “I literally have no idea. I think the hotel has the monorail going through it? My family makes all of the plans and I just show up.”

I told her, “You’re giving me SO much anxiety right now.” :laughing:. If only she knew that I had an entire blog dedicated to planning for one Disney vacation!!

On this episode of “Molly’s Must-Do Disney,” we’re slowing it down a bit. As I’ve been going to Disney more often, I’ve really refrained from the “beat the parks into the ground, sleep is for the weak” strategy and leaned into the “stop and smell the roses” strategy :thumbsup2 Especially with an 11-day trip ahead of me, I’m going to really try to move slower this time around and try to just soak in the little moments. Here are some ideas that I have on my list that don’t involve jumping from ride-to-ride!

Pool Time

All three of our resorts this trip look like they have AWESOME pools (and hot tubs too)! So, we will definitely be checking out the pools (and pool bars ::yes:: ) at CSR, POFQ, and CBR. I also love doing the hot tubs, especially after a long day at the parks. It feels heavenly on your sore muscles!

Early Morning Walks at the Resort

On my last trip to WDW in July, I really tried to wake up early every morning and seize the day. I was up by 6:45-7:00 AM most days, which for me, is EARLY! But let me tell you, it was a GAME CHANGER. I was more relaxed, was able to get up at a leisurely pace, and really felt like I got so much more time out of my day. My mom is a natural early-riser, and with our extra time, we would walk the resort in the morning. It seems counter-intuitive (let’s exhaust ourselves by walking before a full day of marathon-walking at a park :laughing:), but it really started our morning on such a high note. The weather was cooler due to the early hour and it allowed us to explore the beautiful resorts! I will really try to implement this during our May trip as well!

Liberty Square Riverboat

Every time we pass this by, my mom always jokes, “Let’s do that ride!” My commando-park self is always like, “Nooo! We have better things to see!” But, this year, I want to try to get on this, just to say I tried it :) It looks so beautiful and stately! Might be nice too if we need an indoor break.

Dahlia Lounge

Jake and I are planning on checking this lounge out at least one of the nights during our stay at CSR. This lounge looks BEAUTIFUL and has a great view of the whole property! I’m not a wine drinker, but the cheese board and fun mocktails are calling my name :thumbsup2

Surrey Bikes

My family and I did this on our trip way back in 2005 when I was 10 years old, and it was such a fun activity! I have great memories of us zooming around the Boardwalk and waving to people :goodvibes They also have this available at POFQ/POR, OKW, and SSR. It’s definitely a fun way to check out the hotels! Which brings me to my next idea…

Resort-Hop

The only WDW hotels that I have never visited are CSR (which will be checked off this trip obviously), and SSR. I’m really hoping to at least peek at SSR this trip- maybe when we’re staying at POFQ because it’s so close? I’m also excited to have a closer look at AoA with the fam :) Even though we aren’t staying there that night, my name is on their hotel reservation, so we can enjoy the pool and amenities with them on their arrival day.

Main Street USA- "Center Street"

This little nook off of Main Street USA at MK always looks so cute and inviting! I’m really hoping to look at this closer on our trip. Maybe get an ice cream/drink and just sit to take it all in?? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you can also get your silhouette done at this location in the park. I really want to do this for Jake and I now that we’re married; I think it would make such a cool decoration in our apartment!

Scat Cat Club Lounge

This is another lounge that I’m dying to try when we stay at POFQ! I love the fact that they have live music playing. I’m a big fan of southern food and music (Charleston/HHI, SC and Savannah, GA are some of my absolute favorite places to travel), and I feel like the vibes would be incredible here.

Carriage Ride

Another great option we could do when staying at POFQ!! This sounds so romantic :lovestruc. Maybe Jake and I can sneak away from the chaos for a little date :)

Explore the Boardwalk

The Boardwalk is one of my absolute favorite areas at Disney World. It’s very nostalgic to me, since we stayed in this area a couple times growing up and visited at least once a trip (my dad loved eating at the old ESPN Zone restaurant!). I always make sure to spend some time in this area, regardless if we’re staying over there or not. Grabbing a treat from Boardwalk Ice Cream/Boardwalk Deli and strolling the shops while enjoying the Boardwalk view is my personal heaven!

What’s your favorite way to relax and unwind while at WDW?

Last edited:
We did have a great, quick trip to Milwaukee! Unfortunately, we weren't able to do much other than the concert, due to my husband's work schedule. But we enjoyed our hotel, walking to a bar shuttling people to the field, the concert itself, and the people we met!
I love all your drink choices. While I do love (fruity) beer, I love fruity cocktails more, especially at Disney.

I also love your hair! So fun to get a fresh cut for vacation.
You're so close!!

I also love doing the hot tubs, especially after a long day at the parks. It feels heavenly on your sore muscles!

YES! The best way to spend an evening at Disney: in the hot tubs. Feels soooo good after a long day of walking.

It seems counter-intuitive (let’s exhaust ourselves by walking before a full day of marathon-walking at a park :laughing:), but it really started our morning on such a high note. The weather was cooler due to the early hour and it allowed us to explore the beautiful resorts! I will really try to implement this during our May trip as well!

Love this idea!

This little nook off of Main Street USA at MK always looks so cute and inviting!

I love this little nook -- I have a very fond memory of walking and talking with Bea Star here. Just a good ol' life chat during my November 18 trip. I miss the citizens of main street so much!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you can also get your silhouette done at this location in the park. I really want to do this for Jake and I now that we’re married; I think it would make such a cool decoration in our apartment!

Yes, this is where one of the silhouette artists are! Such a cute idea!

What’s your favorite way to relax and unwind while at WDW?

Still figuring that out :faint: I think I'm boring and it involves eating a cupcake in my hotel room, wet hair all wrapped up in a towel after a much-needed shower at the end of a long day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter