Our biggest WDW vacation yet (but with the littlest guests)- A May PTR! Updated 4/24!

And you make me feel SO much better about going through all the hysterics that I do :rotfl: Us master-planners have to stick together!

Yes, indeed! ::yes::

To be fair, we also did not book a "normal" time (10:55 PM :laughing: ).

Okay, that makes more sense! :laughing: I’ve yet to see “normal” times available for dinner (although I have seen several lunch times), but I’m glad that late time works for you!

AHHH! Sending you all the good vibes for BBB!! I've never booked a reservation for there before but I've head of the craziness! I'm so sad that Evie's just a squeeze too little for that this time. Next trip for sure!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! :goodvibes It looks like such a fun experience - M is VERY excited to be turned into a princess (or a fairy - she’s currently hoping to be Tinkerbell).

(In full disclosure, I was up late yesterday and was awake when BBB reservations dropped. I was on the app and refreshed right at 11pm CT/12am ET and went through the process of booking a reservation to confirm how much I needed to hustle through once choosing an appointment time. This was helpful as I learned (1) booking BBB includes an additional step of choosing which member of your party is being made over, and (2) I need to do a dining ADR before the appointments open so I’m officially signed in with my password for reservations on my tablet before they drop. Successfully booking a reservation made me feel MUCH better about getting a reservation on Saturday night. And yes, I cancelled it as soon as my confirmation came through.)

I need ALL opinions on Cosmic Rewind and its potential for motion sickness!

I’m sorry that I can’t provide any feedback for you - it will be my first time on it, too! However, I really appreciate you asking as my husband as some similar issues with screens (and definite problems with spinning). He LOVES roller coasters, though, so I hate for him to miss out if there are ways to make it work.

Cosmic Rewind- Yay or Nay?

Hi friends! As our trip countdown dwindles (48 days!!), I've been getting into hyper-fixation mode on certain Disney topics. This week's topic is... Cosmic Rewind.

Now, the IDEA of this ride is amazing. I LOVE roller coasters. The Hulk, Rock N Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure, Space Mountain, Rip Ride Rockit...I crave that stomach-drop feeling and I have no fear of heights, drops, or loops. Spinning doesn’t thrill me, but I’m ok with it as long as I can see my surroundings and spot a focal point.

However, I sometimes struggle with disorientation when moving screens are utilized, because it confuses me and makes me feel like my brain and body are doing separate things. I never used to struggle with motion sickness (anxiety, yes, but no actual nausea surrounding amusement park rides).

Cue 2013…Harry Potter’s Forbidden Journey at Universal Studios was the first ride I ever felt nauseous on, and it hit me like a train. I could seriously feel myself turning green as we rode. :sick: I remember feeling so thrown off and confused, but I was immediately alleviated when I closed my eyes. I wasn't too affected after the ride.

In fact, this was me 10 minutes later. A frozen butterbeer always helps with nausea!

But, since then, I have been anxious about getting sick on simulators and will usually proactively close my eyes on these rides. I don't ever have a problem as long as I keep my eyes closed. I can't keep my eyes open at all on Star Tours, and have to close them periodically on Remy's, FoP, and Escape from Gringotts... I also don't like the "bubble tunnel" on The Seas with Nemo and usually look down at the ground during that part. I am fine with the screen scene on MMRR because it's so clear and it's pretty short.

So, here’s where you guys come in. I need ALL opinions on Cosmic Rewind and its potential for motion sickness! Do you think that closing my eyes would help with Cosmic Rewind? The addition of the moving track is what has me concerned. I have also been told that as long as you keep your head forward and look ahead at the car (maybe "spotting" a place and keeping your vision at that place the whole time), you will be fine, which makes sense, because that always helps me when I’m spinning. Again, I have no problems with the actual coaster part (the backwards launch sounds awesome!), I’m just concerned with the combination of moving screens and the potential to get disoriented.

I think what’s really throwing me off as well is that I’m constantly hearing conflicting information. It seems like there’s no direct pattern with motion sickness on Cosmic Rewind. Some people who are long-time sufferers of motion sickness are reporting that they felt fine on this ride, while other people who have never felt sick on a ride were WRECKED by this ride!

I haven’t really shared this here, but I've also struggled with emetophobia since I was a small child. If you’ve read my past TRs, you’ll know that I struggle with IBS and usually end up having some sort of vomiting/sickness episode at least 1x per vacation :crazy2:

Although nobody “likes” to vomit, I’ve gotten pretty used to “puking and rallying” and just moving about my day when the IBS hits during vacation. What really causes my anxiety is seeing others around me getting sick, or putting myself in a position to be exposed to others vomiting. It’s a lack-of-control thing for sure.

The thought of not only vomiting myself, but potentially seeing others vomiting outside/around the ride scares me IMMENSELY. People joke about this ride being a “vomit comet” and the thought of that makes me want to cry!! :scared:It took me a long time to try Mission Space:Green for this very reason. Am I being dramatic about this?? Have any of you seen someone vomiting outside of the ride??

Also, I want to talk about meds! I have taken Dramamine exactly one time in my life (on a catamaran in Mexico), and while I didn’t feel nauseous, I got extremely drowsy and practically fell asleep at dinner that night. Some people say that Bonine is a better medicine because it doesn’t make you sleepy. This might be a stupid question, but can you drink alcohol while taking these medications? I’d by no means get drunk, but after we ride, I’d like to enjoy a couple adult beverages from F&G if I can.

I bought these for the trip, and I’m at least planning on taking a couple about 30 minutes before we ride. I love ginger-flavored things, and ginger ale always helps when I’m having an IBS episode. If anything, I feel like it would at least provide a nice placebo effect to alleviate some anxiety.

The easy answer would be, "Just don't ride it!" But, I chickened out on this in July, and I did regret it. The whole group kept talking about how much I would love it and how I really missed out. Also, Jake wants to do this, and while he is totally fine doing it by himself, I don't want my anxiety to take away what could be an awesome experience! One of “our songs” is September by Earth, Wind, and Fire… and it would be SO COOL to get that song during our ride!

Since our wedding was on September 22nd, we had our rehearsal/rehearsal dinner on September 21st (“Do you remember? 21st night of… September?”), and we were singing that song all night :lovestruc. It was also the very first song the DJ played when our dance floor opened at the wedding reception!

So, long story short- what are your Cosmic Rewind opinions?? Any tips and tricks for avoiding motion sickness? Thank you for listening to my anxious rambles!! Any and all advice appreciated :thumbsup2

I totally understand your fear and anxiety. I also have a fear of vomiting and I get motion sick now. The fear of vomiting has been around since I was a kid and I managed not to get sick for 24 years. Darn colonoscopy last year. I found ways to keep from getting sick. I also can't see others get sick. I also never had motion sickness until after I had kids.

Last year when we went to Disney, I took Bonine each day. Once in the morning and once at night. I have a hard time with any screens (even Soar'n) and spinning rides. I used to love spinning rides and just can't do them any longer. I am also not a huge roller coaster person. I do not like big drops and I have an issue with Everest and Space Mountain. I have a hard time going backwards and in the dark. Both make me every disoriented.

Taking Bonine definitely helped. I still couldn't wear the glasses on Remy, but that might have been more anxiety then motion. I also did great with Rise but closed my eyes during the drop part with the screen. My anxiety was high on this one to start with and was sick to my stomach before going on. I didn't tempt fate though and I didn't go on Flight of Passage or Guardians. I did sit outside of guardians for a long time waiting on my husband while he rode. I did not see anyone come off getting sick or even looking like they were going to be.

Another trick I have is to chew gum. I have anxiety in my normal day and whenever I start to feel sick to my stomach, I chew gum and it goes away. This helped a lot with Rise for me.

I don't drink so I am not sure if you can or not while taking Bonine.

What has been your proudest/craziest moment involving ADR planning???
I am always the ADR getter because I am too type A to let anyone, even my favorite TA & friend who shall remain nameless on the DIS, help me LOL

CRT is my usual nemesis when booking because Jimmy's favorite girl is forever and always Cinderella. My proudest moments are getting CRT for Christmas Eve AND New Year's Eve (on two different trips), as well as another time when I was able to get not only the perfect reservation time, but they ended up seating us at a window table looking over Fantasyland during the fireworks. They piped in the music, too, and it was just the most magical dinner ever!! (Also, look how little Jimmy was!!! Excuse me while I go cry!)

Attachments

• 20211228_201706.jpg
    20211228_201706.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 8
I really do think Guardians is one of those situations where people who are normally hit with motion sickness are fine on it but people who aren't, get it. My husband can't handle FOP, Mission: Space, or even Soarin' without feeling sick. But Guardians? He's good to go. :confused3
For me, it's the spinning. Guardians gives me crazy vertigo afterwards.
BUT! It seems to get worse the more I try it. So, the first time I went on Guardians was my best. I asked for the middle row of the ride vehicle and did just like you said, stared at the track and the cars in front of me. I also closed my eyes halfway through and that helped a lot.
So maybe you can try it once and you'll be all right.
I'd say have some kind of snack in your bag to eat immediately afterwards. I had a packet of Ritz crackers that did wonders after my last attempt on the attraction.

I take Bonine the night before a park day and if I'm going on a ride like Remy, I'll take another one 30 minutes prior.
And I definitely drink while taking it. :laughing:
It does make you less drowsy, I feel like, than Dramomine.

Former emetophobic here. Disney is brutal for this condition. I saw it happen in the queue for Haunted Mansion and on a Small World boat before. Like, why?! Wrecked my morning.
I hate to say it, but the exit area surrounding Guardians is rough. As is the nearby bathroom. If you do go on Guardians, I'd make a beeline back towards Test Track or Creations as quick as you can. Just focus on getting out of there and kind of be in your own world so you don't pay attention to your surroundings. I know this an age old saying and it's always said, but think of it from this perspective. If you do decide to do it, you didn't let the phobia dictate your decision. And you can use that as an accomplishment for in the future when it might have to win out.

Also, I'm on Season 8 of Vanderpump and I saw the trip where they were all chanting "Puke...and rally!" and I definitely read your line that way. :rotfl::rotfl:

I sometimes struggle with disorientation when moving screens are utilized, because it confuses me and makes me feel like my brain and body are doing separate things.
I have two friends who cannot do spinning. Tea Cups, Aliens, even TSM, they can't do it, but they both LOVE guardians. I don't think it is as "screeny" as some other rides. Pretty sure my friend Jackie just closes her eyes on it and loves it that way.
People joke about this ride being a “vomit comet”
This is funny because I have only heard of Mission Space having this reputation!
I have taken Dramamine exactly one time in my life
I fortunately do not get motion sick. I have heard there is non drowsy Dramamine, but when I was pregnant ALL bets were off! I was nauseous ALL. THE. TIME. with my first. To the point I told my work I was pregnant at 8 weeks because I was that sick. Ginger gum helped a lot. They also have these sour lollipops, I cannot remember what they are called but it also helped with the nausea!

I take Bonine each night before flights, cruises, amusement parks, buses...
I also have drank alcohol with it and have never had a problem mixing the 2!
We did not see anyone get sick outside of Guardians, but now I definitely won't be using that bathroom!

MOLLY. So sorry I've been neglecting this PTR!

ADRs look great! I completely agree on the whole, getting ADRs for this trip was by far the easiest ADR process I've ever experienced since I started booking them for my family in 2014. Glad you were able to get everything you wanted!

As far as your experience with Cindy... sorry girl. Every once in a while I have a moment like this with Disney and it's just like :faint: I'm really glad everything's been resolved now, refunds have gone through, and you got everything booked! Way to handle business :thumbsup2

RE: Cosmic Rewind I unfortunately do not have tips on battling motion sickness but I really love Cosmic Rewind and I hope you get a chance to experience it this May!

Oh man, your ADR experience!! We had a similar situation with CRT - we initially could only get a time we didn’t love, so we booked it, then a better time came up but it wouldn’t let me just modify, so I had to rebook and pay again. Then while I was still waiting for that refund, an even BETTER time came up so I rebooked a third time…at one point we had about $900+ tied up, it was ridiculous. Glad it all worked out for you!!

Coming out of lurkdom to comment on vomiting lol! I have never actually seen anyone throwing up after Guardians but I’ve seen a lot of people laying down on the benches afterwards. Also throwing in my medical provider perspective that meclizine (Bonine) can still make you a little drowsy and alcohol will increase that side effect but you’re probably fine with one or two drinks. Also the half-life of meclizine is 5 or 6 hours so if you take it in the morning and try to time your Guardians ride for the morning it should be out of your system by the afternoon.

So, I think you should def try it at least once!!!

So, for me, there is a large room you go into before the rollercoaster part really starts. It is a HUGE room with a HUGE screen and you come into the room, kind of rotate in the room, and I feel like that room sets people up for feeling sick . I suggest closing your eyes in this room! I really think this room messes with your brain! Once the ride starts open your eyes again and see how it goes!

That is just my 2 cents. I can give you better timing if you want after we get back!!

You sound similar to me! I have started to take non-drowsy dramamine when I fly and the days at the parks. I take one in the am and it has helped. I still have a few cocktails at times too and the dramamine hasn't made me feel off/worse. I think probably because of the timing since I take the pill in the am and wouldn't have a drink til later in the day.
I will say that on Cosmic Rewind there were parts where I closed my eyes. I could tell I was starting to feel off so I closed them and was ok after the ride. I also do the same on Remi at times. For Tron it wasn't as bad but when we were inside and going around I also closed my eyes.
I'd try the non-drowsy dramamine and close eyes when needed! Good luck!
Thank you so much for the tips!! Tron didn't bother me at all, so that makes me feel a bit more confident. I'm glad they make Dramamine in non-drowsy form, I NEVER want to sleep at WDW, haha!!
I am pretty sensitive to motion sickness. (I once curled up on the ground and threw up on a train in Paris...)

No medication, Guardians made me feel queasy. Not that bad, but I had the opportunity to ride it a second time (ILL and VQ), and I chose not to.

Every trip since then I have taken Bonine. I didn't know about it until I saw recommendations on Facebook. I never used to take anything because regular Dramanine doesn't work for me and I didn't know of anything else. I never tried any of the other Dramamine variations.

For me, Bonine is LIFE CHANGING. I take it anytime I travel anywhere now. It also lasts 24 hours so I take it at night just in case it causes any drowsiness (although I don't feel that it does). I have to admit, sometimes I get nervous and I take two, one after dinner and one right before bed.

I don't get sick on any rides at all, including Guardians, which is now close to my favorite ride!

I didn't even think that drinking while taking Bonine would be an issue... I don't drink that much but I definitely had a few drinks during all my trips and didn't feel a difference.

I am planning on taking Bonine during my upcoming cruise. There is a thread about drinking while taking Bonine on a cruise and no one has a problem with it. Not sure if this link will work but the title of the thread is "motion sickness and alcoholic beverages"

https://www.disboards.com/threads/motion-sickness-and-alcoholic-beverages.3609371/
Thank you so much for all of the information!! I'll definitely see if I can buy some Bonine and try it out- maybe I'll start taking it the night before our flight out to Orlando (I sometimes get queasy upon descent when flying and that will be a nice experiment to see if it helps at all).
This is a tough one! I’d say I’m in the middle when it comes to motion sickness. The HP castle ride and Star Tours make me feel a little sick / disoriented right after riding but I recover quickly and don’t take anything before those rides. MMRR and Remy don’t bother me at all. Guardians is more like HP and Star Tours for me. I feel a little woozy / sick to my stomach when I first get off, but it passes quickly and isn’t bad enough to make me want to skip the ride - the thrill is worth the temporary off feeling for me. It’s a mild feeling for me. My husband and MIL seemed similar on this last trip, none of us felt overly sick. But I know everyone is different!

I’ve never seen anyone vomit getting off the ride or looking even close to it! Most people seem pumped after riding :)
Thank you so much for the info!! That's why I want to ride so bad- people say it's an adrenaline and dopamine RUSH and some people even cry of happiness while riding! I'm a huge music person so I'm hoping that listening to the fun music distracts me while riding.
Ride it! It is nothing like HP Forbidden Journey. It is a rollercoaster more than anything. It just has a track that takes you sideways. I think you will be fine with it. Are you able to do the Mummy and Gringotts? They are more simulator rollercoasters than Guardians!
I bought some herbal type anti nausea patches for behind my ear from Amazon and I wear one and I think it really helps!
Remy makes me feel a little queasy!
I think I'm going to take the plunge :) I LOVE the Mummy and it's one of my faves at Universal! I can do Gringotts but I have to close my eyes at some parts; as long as I close my eyes I am fine!!

Remy makes me queasy too! I think the 3D glasses also screw me up motion-sickness wise so I'm happy that Cosmic Rewind doesn't have those!
Yes, indeed! ::yes::

Okay, that makes more sense! :laughing: I’ve yet to see “normal” times available for dinner (although I have seen several lunch times), but I’m glad that late time works for you!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! :goodvibes It looks like such a fun experience - M is VERY excited to be turned into a princess (or a fairy - she’s currently hoping to be Tinkerbell).

(In full disclosure, I was up late yesterday and was awake when BBB reservations dropped. I was on the app and refreshed right at 11pm CT/12am ET and went through the process of booking a reservation to confirm how much I needed to hustle through once choosing an appointment time. This was helpful as I learned (1) booking BBB includes an additional step of choosing which member of your party is being made over, and (2) I need to do a dining ADR before the appointments open so I’m officially signed in with my password for reservations on my tablet before they drop. Successfully booking a reservation made me feel MUCH better about getting a reservation on Saturday night. And yes, I cancelled it as soon as my confirmation came through.)

I’m sorry that I can’t provide any feedback for you - it will be my first time on it, too! However, I really appreciate you asking as my husband as some similar issues with screens (and definite problems with spinning). He LOVES roller coasters, though, so I hate for him to miss out if there are ways to make it work.
I hope that reading my post and replies gave you some good tips and tricks for your husband!! I'm feeling more confident after reading what everyone said and I'm hoping I can take the plunge and try it in May :)

Just read your PTR post and looks like you SCORED on your reservations!! I'm so happy for you!!
I totally understand your fear and anxiety. I also have a fear of vomiting and I get motion sick now. The fear of vomiting has been around since I was a kid and I managed not to get sick for 24 years. Darn colonoscopy last year. I found ways to keep from getting sick. I also can't see others get sick. I also never had motion sickness until after I had kids.

Last year when we went to Disney, I took Bonine each day. Once in the morning and once at night. I have a hard time with any screens (even Soar'n) and spinning rides. I used to love spinning rides and just can't do them any longer. I am also not a huge roller coaster person. I do not like big drops and I have an issue with Everest and Space Mountain. I have a hard time going backwards and in the dark. Both make me every disoriented.

Taking Bonine definitely helped. I still couldn't wear the glasses on Remy, but that might have been more anxiety then motion. I also did great with Rise but closed my eyes during the drop part with the screen. My anxiety was high on this one to start with and was sick to my stomach before going on. I didn't tempt fate though and I didn't go on Flight of Passage or Guardians. I did sit outside of guardians for a long time waiting on my husband while he rode. I did not see anyone come off getting sick or even looking like they were going to be.

Another trick I have is to chew gum. I have anxiety in my normal day and whenever I start to feel sick to my stomach, I chew gum and it goes away. This helped a lot with Rise for me.

I don't drink so I am not sure if you can or not while taking Bonine.
Thank you so much for the information and tips!! Emetophobia is the WORST, especially at Disney, so just know you aren't alone ::yes:: Sounds like Bonine is the way to go!! Mint/ginger also helps me when I'm feeling nauseous so I'll definitely stock up on some gum/candies!
I am always the ADR getter because I am too type A to let anyone, even my favorite TA & friend who shall remain nameless on the DIS, help me LOL

CRT is my usual nemesis when booking because Jimmy's favorite girl is forever and always Cinderella. My proudest moments are getting CRT for Christmas Eve AND New Year's Eve (on two different trips), as well as another time when I was able to get not only the perfect reservation time, but they ended up seating us at a window table looking over Fantasyland during the fireworks. They piped in the music, too, and it was just the most magical dinner ever!! (Also, look how little Jimmy was!!! Excuse me while I go cry!)
HAHA, I'm the exact same way! I cannot relinquish control when it comes to Disney!! Sounds like you are a PRO though- I can't imagine trying for CRT over the busiest holiday of the year!!!

Awwww, what amazing core memories!! I'm hoping that we create some of those in May :goodvibes
I really do think Guardians is one of those situations where people who are normally hit with motion sickness are fine on it but people who aren't, get it. My husband can't handle FOP, Mission: Space, or even Soarin' without feeling sick. But Guardians? He's good to go. :confused3
For me, it's the spinning. Guardians gives me crazy vertigo afterwards.
BUT! It seems to get worse the more I try it. So, the first time I went on Guardians was my best. I asked for the middle row of the ride vehicle and did just like you said, stared at the track and the cars in front of me. I also closed my eyes halfway through and that helped a lot.
So maybe you can try it once and you'll be all right.
I'd say have some kind of snack in your bag to eat immediately afterwards. I had a packet of Ritz crackers that did wonders after my last attempt on the attraction.

I take Bonine the night before a park day and if I'm going on a ride like Remy, I'll take another one 30 minutes prior.
And I definitely drink while taking it. :laughing:
It does make you less drowsy, I feel like, than Dramomine.

Former emetophobic here. Disney is brutal for this condition. I saw it happen in the queue for Haunted Mansion and on a Small World boat before. Like, why?! Wrecked my morning.
I hate to say it, but the exit area surrounding Guardians is rough. As is the nearby bathroom. If you do go on Guardians, I'd make a beeline back towards Test Track or Creations as quick as you can. Just focus on getting out of there and kind of be in your own world so you don't pay attention to your surroundings. I know this an age old saying and it's always said, but think of it from this perspective. If you do decide to do it, you didn't let the phobia dictate your decision. And you can use that as an accomplishment for in the future when it might have to win out.

Also, I'm on Season 8 of Vanderpump and I saw the trip where they were all chanting "Puke...and rally!" and I definitely read your line that way. :rotfl::rotfl:
Thank you so much for the information!! Sounds like Bonine is definitely the way to go! I'll also see if I can pack a bland snack like Ritz or Goldfish- great tip there!

We definitely won't linger in the ride area for longer than we have to, LOL! Disney is really bad for Also... FORMER emetophobic?? GOOD FOR YOU!!! How did you manage to kick it?? I will say, I'm getting better with age. Working with kids, I don't get too affected by "kid vomit" anymore just by sheer exposure. It's pretty much only witnessing/hearing adult vomiting that is very loud that really really sends me into a tailspin.

LOVE the Vanderpump reference :rotfl2:Are you watching this season??? What are your thoughts??
I have two friends who cannot do spinning. Tea Cups, Aliens, even TSM, they can't do it, but they both LOVE guardians. I don't think it is as "screeny" as some other rides. Pretty sure my friend Jackie just closes her eyes on it and loves it that way.

This is funny because I have only heard of Mission Space having this reputation!

I fortunately do not get motion sick. I have heard there is non drowsy Dramamine, but when I was pregnant ALL bets were off! I was nauseous ALL. THE. TIME. with my first. To the point I told my work I was pregnant at 8 weeks because I was that sick. Ginger gum helped a lot. They also have these sour lollipops, I cannot remember what they are called but it also helped with the nausea!
Thank you for the perspectives!! UGH, morning sickness sounds brutal. Haley and my mom both did not have it at all, but I had some friends who lost weight/had to be on meds for it because it was so bad for them. I have such a sensitive stomach that I'm sure that I'll have issues with that if I ever decide to have children. I love ginger, so I'll definitely pack some hard candies for that!
I take Bonine each night before flights, cruises, amusement parks, buses...
I also have drank alcohol with it and have never had a problem mixing the 2!
We did not see anyone get sick outside of Guardians, but now I definitely won't be using that bathroom!
Thank you so much for the info! You are like person #5 who has recommended Bonine, so it sounds like that is the clear winner!!
MOLLY. So sorry I've been neglecting this PTR!

ADRs look great! I completely agree on the whole, getting ADRs for this trip was by far the easiest ADR process I've ever experienced since I started booking them for my family in 2014. Glad you were able to get everything you wanted!

As far as your experience with Cindy... sorry girl. Every once in a while I have a moment like this with Disney and it's just like :faint: I'm really glad everything's been resolved now, refunds have gone through, and you got everything booked! Way to handle business :thumbsup2

RE: Cosmic Rewind I unfortunately do not have tips on battling motion sickness but I really love Cosmic Rewind and I hope you get a chance to experience it this May!
Hi Kait!! You are not neglecting anything :) No pressure to reply- I'm just happy to know you are reading along!

I think I'll take the plunge for Cosmic Rewind! And despite my CRT fiasco, booking ADRs was actually a great experience this year. I read your update on your PTR and it sounds like you had awesome luck as well!!
Oh man, your ADR experience!! We had a similar situation with CRT - we initially could only get a time we didn’t love, so we booked it, then a better time came up but it wouldn’t let me just modify, so I had to rebook and pay again. Then while I was still waiting for that refund, an even BETTER time came up so I rebooked a third time…at one point we had about $900+ tied up, it was ridiculous. Glad it all worked out for you!!
Ugh!!! It sounds like CRT is the worst for reservations! At least I'll know that if I ever book it again in the future. We are SO excited to dine there though; the kids are besides themselves with excitement!
Coming out of lurkdom to comment on vomiting lol! I have never actually seen anyone throwing up after Guardians but I’ve seen a lot of people laying down on the benches afterwards. Also throwing in my medical provider perspective that meclizine (Bonine) can still make you a little drowsy and alcohol will increase that side effect but you’re probably fine with one or two drinks. Also the half-life of meclizine is 5 or 6 hours so if you take it in the morning and try to time your Guardians ride for the morning it should be out of your system by the afternoon.
HIIII miss you!! Hope you are doing well and so glad you are reading along :)

I really appreciate the medical perspective on this!! I'll definitely take it easy that day if I do decide to take Bonine. I might even start taking it a couple days before to see how I respond to it!
So, I think you should def try it at least once!!!

So, for me, there is a large room you go into before the rollercoaster part really starts. It is a HUGE room with a HUGE screen and you come into the room, kind of rotate in the room, and I feel like that room sets people up for feeling sick . I suggest closing your eyes in this room! I really think this room messes with your brain! Once the ride starts open your eyes again and see how it goes!

That is just my 2 cents. I can give you better timing if you want after we get back!!
Reading all of your reviews has given me a lot more confidence- I think I will end up trying it!

YES- I've watched the POVs on Youtube and I know exactly what room you're talking about. I think that scene and the "moon spiral" at the end are definitely going to be the parts where I close my eyes.

Flower and Garden Must-Tries!

I just wanted to start this update by saying THANK YOU!! Seriously, you guys are the best when it comes to advice. You all gave me such great tips and tricks about Cosmic Rewind, and it’s lessened my anxiety about the ride by A LOT. It’ll still be a game-time decision on whether or not I ride, but I’m about 90% confident that I’ll be able to force myself on the ride :laughing: .

That is, as long as I don’t indulge too much on…

FLOWER AND GARDEN TREATS!

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but Disney’s Flower and Garden Festival is my #1 favorite Epcot festival! I had been waiting with baited breath for Disney to release the food menus, and was so excited when they were released last month! It’s always so much fun looking through the list and picking out what sounds the most delicious.

However, in order to make an informed decision, I waited until DisneyFoodBlog released all of the festival booth photos. Sometimes, a food item can sound so good written out, but looking at a picture, it looks totally gross :crazy2:. The opposite can be true too- there were a few food items that didn’t really sound too appetizing in their descriptions, but looked really yummy in photos!

So, thanks to DisneyFoodBlog’s research, I have a nice list of snacks and drinks that I’d like to try during our trip! I anticipate that we’ll visit Epcot at least 3 times during our trip, so I’ll have a good amount of time to try some treats! Seriously… going to Disney properties, writing, and food- this would be my DREAM JOB! DFB- please hire me ::yes::

I’m going to really prioritize the new-to-me foods on this trip. There are definitely a few F&G items that I’ve tried and loved in the past (Frushi, La Vie en Rose Slushy, Desert Pear Violet Lemonade), but I’ll probably skip them this time around in favor of trying something new. These are the foods/drinks that are labeled as “must-tries” for me!

Swirled Showcase- Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly Swirled Soft-Serve

Tangerine Cafe- Mediterranean Flatbread

Magnolia Terrace- Banana Foster Bread Pudding

The Citrus Blossom- Lemon Meringue Pie and Key Lime Wine Slush

Pineapple Promenade- Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney

Brunchcot- Fruit Loops Shake and Plant-Based Chicken Biscuits with Gravy

Primavera Kitchen- Chocolate Cannoli with Peanut Butter Ricotta Filling

Lotus House- Spicy Mala Chicken Skewer, Cheesy Crab Wontons, and Tropical Moon Cocktail

Honey Beestro- Honey Peach Cobbler Freeze with Streusel

These are the food/drink items that look unique and intriguing, and are on the “maybe-try” list for me!

Epcot Farmer’s Feast- Seared Pork Tenderloin with Corn Risotto and Grilled Street Corn on the Cob

No picture of the Pork Tenderloin since both of these items are not available until later this spring (the Grilled Street Corn is a returning item). That’s why it’s on the “maybe” list!

La Isla Fresca- Coconut Tres Leches Cake

Trowel and Trellis- Soy Glazed Sticky Ribs

Swirled Showcase- Vanilla Soft Serve with Cantaloupe Liquor

Tangerine Cafe- Orange Blossom Saffron Cake

Showcase Plaza- Iced Berry Chai Latte

Obviously, I’m not going to be able to eat/drink all of the items on my list, but I anticipate that I’ll be able to try a good amount, especially since we love to split food in our fam! For those who are also visiting during the Flower and Garden Festival- what are the foods and drinks that are tickling your fancy??

You all gave me such great tips and tricks about Cosmic Rewind, and it’s lessened my anxiety about the ride by A LOT. It’ll still be a game-time decision on whether or not I ride, but I’m about 90% confident that I’ll be able to force myself on the ride :laughing: .
I'm hoping you end up riding it AND that you love it!! Maybe ride towards the end of the day just in case you're not feeling great afterwards?
How did I miss this one?!
Brunchcot- Fruit Loops Shake and Plant-Based Chicken Biscuits with Gravy
Both were awesome but especiailly the plant-based chick'n and gravy!! I wish I could have that delivered to me! My kids loved the froot loop shakes.
If you go to Honey Beestro, you have to try the cauliflower dish there! It was so unique and the flavors worked really well together. It's pretty too!
For those who are also visiting during the Flower and Garden Festival- what are the foods and drinks that are tickling your fancy??
I had such a long list that I didn't make it through. Your list looks really good! I also missed out on the violet lemonade, we had a previous year and wish we had gotten that again.

Just read your PTR post and looks like you SCORED on your reservations!! I'm so happy for you!!

Thanks so much! I’m still questioning how the dessert post-party will work out (please cross your fingers for us!) but was VERY excited about everything else. Let’s hope my dining luck continues on Friday morning when I get the second half of our ADRs!

Seriously… going to Disney properties, writing, and food- this would be my DREAM JOB! DFB- please hire me ::yes::

YES. That would be a fantastic job!

You’ve highlighted so many great things! We’ll only have one shot at F&G snacks (I’m still stunned that Disney is ending F&G on the 27th!) but I HAVE to try that Violet Lemonade. The mediterranean flatbread looks very tasty and so does the coconut tres leches cake. I also may need to try the key lime wine slush you highlighted!

FORMER emetophobic?? GOOD FOR YOU!!! How did you manage to kick it??

I hate to say exposure therapy, butttt. :rotfl: My darling son suffers from severe allergies and has a terrible gag reflex. It's been...not my favorite part of parenthood. :rotfl2:
But, honestly, mine was rooted in some other anxiety issues that I had to address and overcome. Once I got a handle on those things, the emetophobia got way under control. Still hate it, though. The kids know to go to my husband if they don't feel well because he'll stay calmer. The running joke in my family is if someone says their stomach hurts, someone else shouts, "Don't say Mom's trigger word!":laughing:

LOVE the Vanderpump reference :rotfl2:Are you watching this season??? What are your thoughts??

I'm still working my way through Season 8. Just watched Jax and Britney's wedding. I only watch it when I'm on the treadmill, because I tell myself watching trash tv and exercising balances each other out. :laughing:

Disney’s Flower and Garden Festival is my #1 favorite Epcot festival!

Mine too! I love the bright colors and the time of year.

This sounds so interesting.

Tangerine Cafe- Mediterranean Flatbread

This is on my list to try in April!

The Citrus Blossom- Lemon Meringue Pie

I had this last year, and it was good. The lemon isn't as tart as a traditional curd, but it was still really tasty!

Cheesy Crab Wontons

I know a lot of people were underwhelmed with these last year, but I actually thought they were great. It's actually one of the things I want to get again this year.

I hate to say exposure therapy, butttt. :rotfl: My darling son suffers from severe allergies and has a terrible gag reflex. It's been...not my favorite part of parenthood. :rotfl2:
But, honestly, mine was rooted in some other anxiety issues that I had to address and overcome. Once I got a handle on those things, the emetophobia got way under control. Still hate it, though. The kids know to go to my husband if they don't feel well because he'll stay calmer. The running joke in my family is if someone says their stomach hurts, someone else shouts, "Don't say Mom's trigger word!":laughing:
This sounds like us. Nick had an over active gag reflex when he was younger. I was told it was a good thing because he wouldn't choke because he would just get sick. Nick put that to the test a few times and every time he got sick. Everyone knew in our families that Jeff handled the vomit and handled the diarrhea diapers because Jeff couldn't handle that. I did get better with the kids being sick and after working at a daycare for 9 years so I was able to handle little kids being sick but once they made it to elementary school it was over.

So many amazing choices!!! I should not have read that while I haven't eaten breakfast yet and lunch is so far away LOL

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but Disney’s Flower and Garden Festival is my #1 favorite Epcot festival! I had been waiting with bated breath for Disney to release the food menus, and was so excited when they were released last month! It’s always so much fun looking through the list and picking out what sounds the most delicious.
I’m going the first week of June and I for sure thought I’d be there for F&G and then they announced the dates and I was devastated. F&G is my favorite festival too! Already planning a trip for next year since the Navy won’t own me anymore.
Magnolia Terrace- Banana Foster Bread Pudding
I’ve been dying to try this! I’m going to need you to describe it in incredible detail so I can live vicariously through you.
I haven’t had this with the streusel but this is soooo good!

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but Disney’s Flower and Garden Festival is my #1 favorite Epcot festival! I had been waiting with baited breath for Disney to release the food menus, and was so excited when they were released last month! It’s always so much fun looking through the list and picking out what sounds the most delicious.
Flower and Garden is also my favourite festival and it was SO good to be back this year!
Lotus House- Spicy Mala Chicken Skewer, Cheesy Crab Wontons, and Tropical Moon Cocktail
The chicken skewer there was absolutely delicious!!

I'm hoping you end up riding it AND that you love it!! Maybe ride towards the end of the day just in case you're not feeling great afterwards?

How did I miss this one?!

Both were awesome but especiailly the plant-based chick'n and gravy!! I wish I could have that delivered to me! My kids loved the froot loop shakes.

If you go to Honey Beestro, you have to try the cauliflower dish there! It was so unique and the flavors worked really well together. It's pretty too!

I had such a long list that I didn't make it through. Your list looks really good! I also missed out on the violet lemonade, we had a previous year and wish we had gotten that again.
That's what I'm hoping!! OR ride it at the very beginning of the day with a stomach that's not full of F&G food and alcohol :laughing:

Thank you so much for the recs!! I looove biscuits and gravy; I discovered them at our college dining hall because it was the only thing they knew how to make :crazy2: But I haven't had them in so long! I'm not a huge cauliflower fan but my mom is- so I'll be sure to mention that to her and steal just a bite!!
Thanks so much! I’m still questioning how the dessert post-party will work out (please cross your fingers for us!) but was VERY excited about everything else. Let’s hope my dining luck continues on Friday morning when I get the second half of our ADRs!

YES. That would be a fantastic job!

You’ve highlighted so many great things! We’ll only have one shot at F&G snacks (I’m still stunned that Disney is ending F&G on the 27th!) but I HAVE to try that Violet Lemonade. The mediterranean flatbread looks very tasty and so does the coconut tres leches cake. I also may need to try the key lime wine slush you highlighted!
Fingers double-crossed!!! :) I've only done the HEA dessert party once, and it was the after-fireworks party. I definitely think that it was the better choice; things were a lot more chill and we didn't feel stressed about rushing off to the fireworks! We even got to take some treats home and it was such a wonderful experience!

Jake in particular really wants to try the Tres Leches Cake- he's never had it before! One of my friends grew up in Mexico and makes an AMAZING Tres Leches; so I'll feel like a total traitor if I like F&G's better (but I don't think I will)!

I'm still working my way through Season 8. Just watched Jax and Britney's wedding. I only watch it when I'm on the treadmill, because I tell myself watching trash tv and exercising balances each other out. :laughing:

Mine too! I love the bright colors and the time of year.

This sounds so interesting.

This is on my list to try in April!

I had this last year, and it was good. The lemon isn't as tart as a traditional curd, but it was still really tasty!

I know a lot of people were underwhelmed with these last year, but I actually thought they were great. It's actually one of the things I want to get again this year.
OMG- the "trigger word" comment is too real!!!! When someone starts off saying that, I instantly break out into cold sweat and my heart starts racing! I'm so happy that you were able to find some relief!!

YES that's right I forgot that is your treadmill show! It's definitely petering out for us (we're almost feeling like it is a chore to watch now), but Seasons 1-5 were peak reality TV. Chopped Jr. is my current treadmill watch :laughing:
So many amazing choices!!! I should not have read that while I haven't eaten breakfast yet and lunch is so far away LOL
HAHA, I always seem to torture myself with Disney foodporn when I'm hungry :rotfl2:
I’m going the first week of June and I for sure thought I’d be there for F&G and then they announced the dates and I was devastated. F&G is my favorite festival too! Already planning a trip for next year since the Navy won’t own me anymore.

I’ve been dying to try this! I’m going to need you to describe it in incredible detail so I can live vicariously through you.

I haven’t had this with the streusel but this is soooo good!
NOOOO! I would be so devastated. I wonder if they're shortening F&G because they're going to introduce a new summer festival?? One can dream!! I'll be sure to share all the deets!

Ahhhhh! What are the big plans so far for next year??
Flower and Garden is also my favourite festival and it was SO good to be back this year!

The chicken skewer there was absolutely delicious!!
YES! I can't wait to read through your TR and look at all your choices :) The chicken skewer sounds so yummy- I definitely need some good savory options to balance out all of the sugar on my list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter