Our California Grill Review

yankeepenny

DVC owner at Saratoga Springs Resort
We dined here on Sunday, 9/3. We checked in about 45 minutes to an hour early, and asked for a non window seat.
We were seated within 5 minutes. It was very busy in there at 630, and our server was good and attentive, and answered any questions we had. DH had a shrimp/melon appetizer and I had Caeser salad. Both were very good. We each had the prime rib, and they were huge, good cuts of meat. We had so much food we declined dessert, but were full and happy. Wonderfull meal. It was worth 1 and a 1/2 credits, but not two. (JMHO) :sunny:

just an afternote: it was this place where I noticed diners wearing flip flops hats and t shirts, I am not kidding.

I'm glad you had a good experience! We have an ADR, and lately I've been hearing horror stories about the service, food, etc. I wish people would just follow the dress code. Disney's idea of "business casual" doesn't come near to what I think business casual is anyway. How hard is it to wear jeans, decent shoes, and something other than a t-shirt?

Thanks for the review-and the specifics of what you ate!

yankeepenny said:
just an afternote: it was this place where I noticed diners wearing flip flops hats and t shirts, I am not kidding.

That's too bad. Seems like folks would WANT to dress up just a little bit. :confused3

Thanks for the review. We will be dining at CG on our first night in October. We always dress up when we dine at CG. It just makes the whole experience feel like a night out at a great restaurant. I really wish they would inforce there dress code. :)

We are having our first CG meal on 9/27. Thanks for the reminder on the dress code. I will now make an effort to wear decent clothes. :disrocks:

Just a clarification, please. You say you had the prime rib, did you perchance mean Ribeye?

Topper said:
Just a clarification, please. You say you had the prime rib, did you perchance mean Ribeye?

Yes, it was the bone in ribeye.
DH had medium doneness, I had well, and it was good.
they were large cuts of meat.

We ate at CG a couple of weeks ago. The food was delicious. There are still some good choices for wine by the glass. The view is great. But, the ambience -- oh my. It was insane. Noisy, overrun with kids and a waitress that simply couldn't keep up with all of the demands on her. The dress code is most definitely not enforced at all. We saw people dressed in just about anything. No bathing suits, but that was about all that was missing. I can't imagine anyone would ever go there for a romantic dinner. Seeing the fireworks simply can't make up for the overall insanity, IMO.

DW and I will be eating at CG for the second time this Sunday. I hope it's still as good as last year. I'm dying for some goat cheese ravioli! :)

Rohde Fan said:
DW and I will be eating at CG for the second time this Sunday. I hope it's still as good as last year. I'm dying for some goat cheese ravioli! :)
Wow, thanks for reminding me. This coming Sunday I'll be eating at California Grill too! For me it's the first time there though. See ya there!

ElizabethB said:
We ate at CG a couple of weeks ago. The food was delicious. There are still some good choices for wine by the glass. The view is great. But, the ambience -- oh my. It was insane. Noisy, overrun with kids and a waitress that simply couldn't keep up with all of the demands on her. The dress code is most definitely not enforced at all. We saw people dressed in just about anything. No bathing suits, but that was about all that was missing. I can't imagine anyone would ever go there for a romantic dinner. Seeing the fireworks simply can't make up for the overall insanity, IMO.

You can probably thank the DDP for the wonderful ambience. Normally when people PAY $70 for a meal they tend to appreciate the experience a bit more. Not to bash the DDP(I think it is a good thing overall), but this is just an observation.

Glad to hear you had a good time, im eating here on my honeymoon in December and im really looking forward to it!

I certainly wont be wearing flip flops as i love getting dressed up a little for a nice meal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter