Our First Cruise Booked For January

collegeprogram01

Mouseketeer
We have our first Disney cruise booked for 1/16/21. We booked as soon as it was available months back. My family are worried about going...does anyone have one booked for January? My intentions are to keep it with hoping this is behind us by then. Do you think they will be cruising then?

It is all anyone's guess at this point. No one can say for sure what ships will be sailing, what ports will be accepting cruise ships, if there will/won't be another COVID surge that starts this whole chaos again. Maybe you'll be fine, maybe things will be canceled. Maybe everything will be back to normal, maybe the traditional DCL items that made it special will be gone even though the ships are sailing. Maybe there will still be Princess meet and greets, and maybe the latest trend will be Cinderella in a full Hazmat suit handing out individual hand sanitizer bottles to your toddlers.

I'm not making any plans until I see things restart and can assess what the 'new normal' is.

We are booked in January on the Dream, we are so hoping it will be a go. We did a February cruise 2 years ago and had a blast, after having 3 cruises canceled this year we are hopeful that 2021 will be ok.

We have many factors to consider in our big Orlando trip that we just rescheduled from this June to July 2021. With kids/gkids in tow, we are doing WDW, Universal, Disney resorts and a cruise for 9 nights into the Caribbean. The variables multiply with each added adventure. It was hard enough to plan during the good old days when all you had to do was coordinate each activity...now we don't know if, when or how each adventure will be offered. There will be many crossed fingers and rabbits' feet rubbed over the next 400+ days.

Just booked for January 9, 2021 on the Fantasy. On DCL cruise #11 we finally hit the Grand Slam...(we tend to favor the Magic). Who knows if it will actually happen, but we have until September to decide.

We're booked on the Fantasy Jan 30th for our 2nd Disney cruise, and I'm very conflicted. We don't have kids so character limitations won't affect us, nor would the elimination of buffets. BUT - if they don't have stage shows or movie theater it would be a deal breaker. After a few hours at Disney Springs last week wearing masks, that might also be a deal breaker. We've been wearing them grocery shopping but more than 30 minutes in one has been tough. My husband is optimistic there will be a vaccine by then and things might be "normal". Our PIF date is 9/30, and I doubt refunds will be available if they still sail but with those restrictions. I will probably cancel unless a lot more is known by then. At least since we're local we're fortunate not to have to worry about flights!

We booked the Dream for the end of January 2021, pre-Covid. I’m cautiously optimistic and am just going to go with the flow. If it get cancelled, we will just rebook at a later time I’m a nurse and my husband is a doctor and we are accustomed to wearing masks for long periods of time, so that wont be a deal breaker for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter