Our flights have been cancelled, & we are being down graded, & no refund...Thanks Air France...

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
I have spent the last 5 hours trying to get our flights figured out..... not including the 2 hours last night at midnight... We booked through expedia we have sliver status, and are delta sky miles members that's not worth anything... and what I got was a bunch of lip service...and BS...

We booked 1st class.... not happening now... and there is nothing they can do...or I will say won't do... and if we want to pick up the tab its almost 15,000 dollar.... yes 15,000 dollar...

Email from Air France sorry your flight is cancelled... try to call... but no-one is working... still no response still trying to call...the message does state that someone is working...

Expedia... the best we can do is stick you in Comfort economy, in the 2 center seat of 2-4-2 and now you will have to pay for your baggage... and no there is no refund because we had to down grade you... sorry.... This is the best we can do... and no again to a refund... and if you cancel you will not get a refund at all... sorry... oh well. That's the way thing work out sometimes... I can tell you I will not ever use them again after 15+ years of using them on our trips....

Delta... oops... nothing we can do... sorry this happened... but no refund....and you will have to pay for your bags.... and sit crammed in between 2 stranger...and "your lucky to even be on a flight" so " you can at least be grateful for that"... But the flight might be over booked... so once in Detroit you might get bounced... sorry.... not sorry.....

So not only do I now have to figure out all that.... now I have a mountain of other problems... having to see if the private car company can move our pick time... changing times with Uber pick up... and other issues that we need to take care off..

This is a nightmare....

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that :sad1: I'm not a regular flyer, as in driving distance of DLP, but it must be really stressful for you.
I hope you can work something out anyway.

Oh man, I'm so sorry! My fingers are crossed in the end you can get it worked out.

Can you try tweeting at them? I know it seems silly but sometimes that gets their attention faster...

OP... Here...

I honestly think I am going to loose my mind... I just got another change for JFK... to Paris/ Orly -- we are suppose to fly in CDG... is where the car service is suppose to pick us up at..... and but no way to get from Orlando to JFK... and its on the wrong day... and it in regular coach... The Expedia rep... actually said I have never seen anything like this...
Been on hold for an hour.... and no one has any idea of what is going on... they just keep saying... hold on... we are trying to figure it out...

Oh no. I feel so sorry for all the trouble you have. Keep on going and......

tumblr_n4gpr7WwGX1tudit5o1_500.gif

All the best from Germany!

OP... Here...

I honestly think I am going to loose my mind... I just got another change for JFK... to Paris/ Orly -- we are suppose to fly in CDG... is where the car service is suppose to pick us up at..... and but no way to get from Orlando to JFK... and its on the wrong day... and it in regular coach... The Expedia rep... actually said I have never seen anything like this...
Been on hold for an hour.... and no one has any idea of what is going on... they just keep saying... hold on... we are trying to figure it out...

Seems to me the moral of the story is Don't Use Expedia!

Sorry for your problems. Hope they work out.

---Paul in Southern NJ

Hope it all works out. I feel they should give you miles/points back if they can't give you the 1st class status back. Keep trying, I know it's frustrating but I hope in the end everything works out and you have a magical vacation.

Last summer our Delta flight back home from Orlando was canceled. It was a hustle getting the 3 of us back home but, they got us on the last plane out. We were supposed to be flying first class as well. We paid for the flights with miles and money. They ended up putting us in the only seats they had left, the “comfort” seats. They told me that when we got home all I needed to do was submit a claim for the difference in price. I submitted my claim online and they refunded my money back to my card and gave mileage vouchers to DH and DS. They even gave us all $100 in vouchers on top of what we were supposed to get refunded. I don’t understand why they are giving you so much grief over all of this. Not sure if you are getting the run around because you booked through Expedia. This majorly bites for you though! I don’t know which department you spoke with but, make sure you speak with the Skymiles department and speak with a manager and not the first person that answers. Did they tell you that you could submit for a refund of the difference after you returned?

Your flight was with a EU company inbound to the EU, so you are covered by EU regulations. Have a look knline and see what you are entitled to. I think you should get a compensation for the downgrade ( the difference between the two price ticket back). And additional compensation if the delay is over 3 hours. No compensation for having to fly in an inconvenient seat.

That is a ridiculous situation. Have you asked them to look at other airports for the transfer to CDG? For example, Montreal (YUL) has daily departures for Paris.

I booked through Expedia once and lost all the money when we needed to make a flight change (this was our choice, not a cancellation, and luckily it was for an inexpensive commuter flight) Since then I use Expedia to research flights but I always book directly with the airline, the prices are the same. My parents have had hotel reservations booked through Expedia not honored and the "equal value" hotel they put them in was shabby and in a bad part of town. Vendors will always prioritize customers who book directly through them over those who book through intermediaries. And I don't fly Air France to Europe if I can help it as they go on strike with annoying regularity. You can get on Delta or KLM flights for the same number of points and usually save on fuel fees too.

I have spent the last 5 hours trying to get our flights figured out..... not including the 2 hours last night at midnight... We booked through expedia we have sliver status, and are delta sky miles members that's not worth anything... and what I got was a bunch of lip service...and BS...

We booked 1st class.... not happening now... and there is nothing they can do...or I will say won't do... and if we want to pick up the tab its almost 15,000 dollar.... yes 15,000 dollar...

Email from Air France sorry your flight is cancelled... try to call... but no-one is working... still no response still trying to call...the message does state that someone is working...

Expedia... the best we can do is stick you in Comfort economy, in the 2 center seat of 2-4-2 and now you will have to pay for your baggage... and no there is no refund because we had to down grade you... sorry.... This is the best we can do... and no again to a refund... and if you cancel you will not get a refund at all... sorry... oh well. That's the way thing work out sometimes... I can tell you I will not ever use them again after 15+ years of using them on our trips....

Delta... oops... nothing we can do... sorry this happened... but no refund....and you will have to pay for your bags.... and sit crammed in between 2 stranger...and "your lucky to even be on a flight" so " you can at least be grateful for that"... But the flight might be over booked... so once in Detroit you might get bounced... sorry.... not sorry.....

So not only do I now have to figure out all that.... now I have a mountain of other problems... having to see if the private car company can move our pick time... changing times with Uber pick up... and other issues that we need to take care off..

This is a nightmare....
If you paid for this via credit card contact them as airline/expedia breached contract. same if used miles / rewards from credit card then re book flights

When I travel for big trips, I will usually get an additional trip insurance for cancellation/interruption in addition to medical. Can be hit and miss as to what they will cover, though. I also try to avoid Expedia for booking flights now, which is reinforced by people willing to share their horror stories about them. I hope it all works out ok in the end, sorry for all the stress you're going through.

What an ordeal. Delta is my last choice for flights. Zero customer service. They’ve left me out to dry when I flew a few years ago with them and our luggage didn’t make it on our flight. It was on a last flight into FLL but they stop luggage delivery at midnight so they said our luggage won’t be delivered till next day. I told them I was only staying at that hotel one night and continuing to my location the next day, had to have luggage delivered in the morning before check out. They promised I’d be first and priority on my luggage drop off. Ha. My luggage was finally delivered at 5pm. Sorry not sorry from Delta.

Every time I fly them something happened. Luggage always comes off carousel broken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!