Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally! - August 2019 PTR *TR LINK POSTED 8/25*

I’m joining in, we will be there the same time! Our dates are 8/17-8/26. We will be at the GF for part of our stay!! We love it there, it will be our 3rd stay here. Love your enthusiasm for the trip!! I think we will be doing the same MNSSHP! I haven’t decided yet.

Yay!!! Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! :welcome:

Sounds like you also have an exciting trip planned! Hopefully our paths will cross-- would be so fun to see you at MNSSHP! Definitely keep me updated!!

Tentative ADR Schedule
Hey again, DIS! Hope you guys are doing well. In the past two (three?) weeks, a lot has been going on at my university, but not a whole lot has been going on trip wise. Which is a BUMMER, considering the whole reason we started this shindig so early was in case any other wild things happened between now and August. It's fine, I'm here now with my tentative ADR schedule. We get to book things on Tuesday morning-- so exciting!!

Sunday: Brunch at the California Grill, 10:30 AM
This is the one thing my parents have their heart set on, so I'll be booking this one first-- and it's making me nervous! Making plans to snatch a high-demand ADR for your first day is always scary, especially since CG only offers brunch one day out of the week! I'm going to shoot for 10:30 AM, but I'll take later or earlier, too. We've been watching vlogs of CG Brunch for weeks now. I will absolutely take bottomless mimosas, TYVM.

Because this is a signature dining experience, we'll have to drop a TS meal for one other day-- so we won't be doing a TS meal on our DDP that Tuesday! It's MNSSHP, so we weren't going to want to do a TS meal that day, anyway.

Monday: Chefs de France, 5:30 PM
We're going to try something different(ish) for our Epcot day this year! I really loved CdF when I ate there during my DCP. They have the best Macaroni de Gratin! Grace is the only one of us who hasn't eaten here yet, I think she'll really like it.

Tuesday: None

Wednesday: Artist Point, 5:30 PM
I'm going to be booking this one second. It's another one that we really want to do! Storybook Dining looks incredible, and obv. my dad has to finally meet Grumpy! I'm v. ready for this new experience.

Thursday: Liberty Tree Tavern, 2:00 PM
My family brought up LTT lunch, and I'm not against it. We can do that here before heading to Moonlight Magic that night!

Friday: Homecomin', 7:00 PM
Ending our trip on a high note! This was our favorite restaurant last trip, so we really want to return this week.

Can't wait to book and update you guys on Tuesday!

How exciting!! I so hope you get the days you want! storybook Dining is at the very top of my list for our trip next year!

I hope you get everything. I do mine tomorrow and have nothing planned yet, yikes! We have done all the character dining experiences so I don’t need to get anything there. I think we are going to do some DS places, Ale and Compass, and Chef de France. My dd is a vegetarian now and this makes it a little more difficult.

Good luck, I will be excited to hear about your success!

I've heard they've been dropping the CG brunch reservations late for some reason so do not be discouraged if your date isnt available when you go to book! (obviously still try! haha)

Everything sounds great though!

How exciting!! I so hope you get the days you want! storybook Dining is at the very top of my list for our trip next year!

Thank you so much!! We definitely want to do Storybook Dining as well, it was one of our top choices, too!

Thank you so much!! We definitely want to try Storybook Dining!

I hope you get everything. I do mine tomorrow and have nothing planned yet, yikes! We have done all the character dining experiences so I don’t need to get anything there. I think we are going to do some DS places, Ale and Compass, and Chef de France. My dd is a vegetarian now and this makes it a little more difficult.

Good luck, I will be excited to hear about your success!

Thank you so much!! Also-- I definitely want to see what you booked!!

Good luck to you too, can't wait to hear what you picked!

OOO you've got lots of yumminess planned for those ADRs! I hope it all goes well on Tuesday, and you're able to get everything you want! :D

YAAASSS my stomach was grumbling making my ADRs this morning! Thank you for the well wishes!!

Hi! I'm here!

Those ADRs sound great! I had no idea that California Grill had a brunch. It sounds excellent!

:welcome: Thank you so much for being here, I really appreciate it!!

CG brunch definitely looks amazing, it was high on our list for this trip!!

Those ADRs look killer! And no I want some fried chicken.

I want some fried chicken too. Can we go to Homecomin' like right now?

Your ADR plans sound so good!! Good luck booking everything!

Thank you so, so much!!

I've heard they've been dropping the CG brunch reservations late for some reason so do not be discouraged if your date isnt available when you go to book! (obviously still try! haha)

Everything sounds great though!

That's really good to know, I had no idea!! Thank you for letting me know-- I'll definitely keep an eye out!

Thank you so much!!

Our First Set of ADRs!
Hey ya'll! I've got some v. exciting plans to share with everyone! :cool1:

So today I woke up at around 5:50 to make our first set of dining reservations! This time, I actually woke up at 5:50, instead of last time when I woke up at 6, made our CG Thanksgiving Dinner reservation, and basically went back to sleep. I was tired, but I was determined to get our meals booked. So without further ado:

Sunday, August 18: Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, 10:05 AM
So as I suspected, we were not able to book Cali Grill brunch for our first day... yet! Queen @Cloe Colton was super great and let me know that CG brunch reservations have been dropping late, so I set up an ADR alert from a third-party site to see if I can snatch it when they drop!

If we end up not able to book CG brunch, I won't be mad with breakfast at 1900PF. We'll already be at the GF for check in, won't have to wear anything super fancy, and I love 1900PF breakfast! We haven't done a lot of character meals in the past two trips, so I'd be excited either way.

Monday, August 19: Chefs de France dinner, 6:30 PM

Just what we wanted, wooo! Now I'm craving fancy mac and cheese.

Tuesday, August 20: Nothing, MNSSHP day

Wednesday, August 21: Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White, 8:20 PM
I am SO thrilled we were able to snatch this! :hyper: I was absolutely beaming when I made this ADR! It's a little later than we would have wanted it to be, but we don't really mind, especially since we'll be sleeping in a little later the next day. I do have another ADR alert set up for an earlier time, but we'll be thrilled no matter what!

Thursday, August 22: Liberty Tree Tavern lunch, 2:30 PM

Exactly what we wanted yet again! I'm not a fan of LTT dinner, but I'm really excited to try their lunch menu since it's been updated.

Friday, August 23: Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' dinner, 6:45 PM
Another perfect ADR! Homecomin' was absolutely our favorite meal last year, so we can't wait to end the trip here, on a high note.

All in all, today was pretty successful! We have a lot of great meals planned, this trip is going to be seriously awesome!

Hoping you are able to get a CG brunch ADR!
Storybook Dining looks and sounds amazing - it's definitely something I want to do during my next big trip to WDW! Congrats on getting that ADR:flower1:

Yay for getting almost all your must-do ADRs in! As someone who has done the 1900 PF breakfast, you will enjoy it. Hopefully you won't be like me and actually find the Strawberry soup. Fingers crossed for California Grill!

Wooo!! Those all sound awesome and the new Artist Point is amaze! Im going back for my second time in March with my Mom and sister! I think the one benefit to eating there later is that the darkness outside kind of adds to the ambiance of the room and the twinkle lights are a bit more visible!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your for your Cali grill reservation! I have a feeling the same thing will be happening for me when I go to book in September!! Like Disney HELLO you make us do these things 180 days in advance but then don't open the reservations 180 days in advance? lol

The only dining reservation my family ever did growing up was breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, I really need to get back there at some point!!

Looks like some wonderful choices, we loved the Storybook dinner, our ADR was at 8:20pm and it was just fine, we loved it!

I made a total of 2 ADR’s for our 10 day stay so far. The Bonvoyage Breakfast on checkout day of YC and Chef de France for 1 evening while staying at YC.

Hoping you are able to get a CG brunch ADR!
Storybook Dining looks and sounds amazing - it's definitely something I want to do during my next big trip to WDW! Congrats on getting that ADR:flower1:

We hope so, too!! Thank you so much-- fingers crossed you get to experience Storybook Dining next time you're in the World!

Yay for getting almost all your must-do ADRs in! As someone who has done the 1900 PF breakfast, you will enjoy it. Hopefully you won't be like me and actually find the Strawberry soup. Fingers crossed for California Grill!

Yay!! I love 1900PF so much-- the Strawberry soup hops around a lot, it's never been in the same place twice when I've been there! Usually, it's tucked away more towards a corner. I will let you know where it is for sure this Summer!

Fingers crossed!!!

Yay I'm glad you got everything you wanted! And I'm sure you will snag that CG res later on too!

Yay!!! Thank you so much-- we're definitely keeping our fingers crossed!

Yes! Glad you got what you wanted!!

Yay!! Thank you!!

Wooo!! Those all sound awesome and the new Artist Point is amaze! Im going back for my second time in March with my Mom and sister! I think the one benefit to eating there later is that the darkness outside kind of adds to the ambiance of the room and the twinkle lights are a bit more visible!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your for your Cali grill reservation! I have a feeling the same thing will be happening for me when I go to book in September!! Like Disney HELLO you make us do these things 180 days in advance but then don't open the reservations 180 days in advance? lol

The only dining reservation my family ever did growing up was breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, I really need to get back there at some point!!

I'm so, SO excited to try it out!! I'll definitely try to stop and appreciate the twinkle lights now that we know we'll be there a little later in the evening!!

Thank you, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well-- and you're so right. Like... okay, we're up at 6:00 AM 180 days before our trip like you told us to be... can we please book the things we want to book? lol

I miss 1900 Park Fare! It's my favorite character breakfast, so I was more than happy to substitute CG for it.

Looks like some wonderful choices, we loved the Storybook dinner, our ADR was at 8:20pm and it was just fine, we loved it!

I made a total of 2 ADR’s for our 10 day stay so far. The Bonvoyage Breakfast on checkout day of YC and Chef de France for 1 evening while staying at YC.

Thank you!! I'm so glad you hear you loved Storybook-- we're really excited for it!!

Those are two AMAZING ADRs-- always wanted to try Bon Voyage, and CdF is one of my favs!!!

This is so fun to follow! We will also be at the GF, overlapping with you. This is our first trip (kids first trip, DH and I were at disney a million years ago for new years...) and we CANNOT wait. August 22nd - 27th. I'm so jealous of your Storybook dining ADR, I didn't know about that one and missed it. Hopefully I'll be able to snag one with an alert...

Following along! How awesome that you're staying at the Grand!

Thanks for sharing the tip about California Grill brunch reservations! I've been watching vlogs on it for weeks too and it's one of my must-do ADRs for October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!