Our Kona Review

yankeepenny

DVC owner at Saratoga Springs Resort
We dined here on 9/5. We were seated as soon as we arrived. DH had a seafood chowder and I had a caeser salad.
He had a beef teriyaki dish and I had the asian noodles.
I drank a few cups of their delicious iced coffee. We were given a special dessert tart with happy anniversary written on the plate in chocolate, and our server was great. Good food portions and excellent service. This place gets an A in service, value and quality. :thumbsup2

I do love Kona. Kind of an informal dining atmosphere with fabulous food and service!

Thanks for posting!

--pennyplanner from New England! :goodvibes

Thanks, Penny! Have you started your TR yet? I just cancelled my adrs for Chef des France and changed to Kona. I am looking forward to it.

yankeepenny, were you on the DP and were those iced coffees refillable? My hubby loves coffee, not supposed to have it but he loves it any old way. :confused3

Thanks for the report.

Slightly Goofy 7 days to go!! :cheer2:

Thanks for the review. I've never tried the iced coffee at Kona, we usually get the press pot. I might just have to try the iced coffee next time, I love iced coffee! :love:

yankeepenny, that is good to know. If calories do not count at DW then maybe caffeine does not either? :lmao:

SG/Linda

yankeepenny said:
We dined here on 9/5. We were seated as soon as we arrived. DH had a seafood chowder and I had a caeser salad.
He had a beef teriyaki dish and I had the asian noodles.
I drank a few cups of their delicious iced coffee. We were given a special dessert tart with happy anniversary written on the plate in chocolate, and our server was great. Good food portions and excellent service. This place gets an A in service, value and quality. :thumbsup2

Were you guys there around 5pm or so...if so i believe I saw you guys. I was there with my mother and sister for a 5pm ADR. we had a great meal and service too!

we got there just after 615, and what a great meal it was.
gald you enjoyed yours too.

Thanks for the great review. Am booked there on my next vacation and was glad to hear you enjoyed it.

We also ate at the Kona on our last trip (8/2-8/11).
We hadn't planned on eating there, but as we were leaving the MK and looking for somewhere to eat, DH suggested stopping in the guestservices at the MK and try and get a PS somewhere. They had offered us a seating at the Kona within 30 minutes. So we took it.
The service was great. I was told that because I had a seafood allergy, the chef had to come out and talk to me about the menu. I told them that it wasn't necessary because I was well aware of what I could eat and what I couldn't, but they insisted. He was very friendly and made sure that there was items on the menu of interest to me. If not he would have other suggestions.
I decided on the Coconut Almond Chicken, very very good!!!! My DH and DS had the Beef Teriyaki and DD had the Macadamia Mahi Mahi. All gave rave reviews.
The amount of food was very generous and the quality was outstanding.
We will definately make PS for our next trip in Nov.

S.Poppins said:
Thanks, Penny! Have you started your TR yet? I just cancelled my adrs for Chef des France and changed to Kona. I am looking forward to it.
It's a positive change. We went to both in August, and everyone enjoyed Kona much more than Chefs. Chefs was decent, but Kona was delicious.
Sticky wings and medallions of filet mignon were superb!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter