Our land and sea celebratory vacay- Fantasy May 14, 2022

Day 14 - Castaway Cay

We started off the day heading sup to Cabanas for breakfast. When we were done we still hadn't docked at Castaway and decided to do some packing. Bad idea, DH managed to pull something in his back weighing a suitcase. Thankfully nothing to major but he was in rough shape.

We did not have much planned for Castaway although we were hoping go bike riding and snorkelling but now we needed to take it easy.

We found some chairs at the family beach and relaxed. Unfortunately, it was not the best weather day, overcast and a bit on the cooler side.

I spend majority of my day reading. I did go into the water and it was nice but would have been too much better if the weather had co-operated.

The boys went and played some games. I did try to do some shopping but didn't find what I was looking for. I was hoping to get a straw hat but it is no longer sold.

We decided to head to lunch around 1pm. The line up was huge. The meal was mediocre at best. Nothing we had was great. I wish they change the menu a bit as it was pretty basic. I believe Cookies 2 has a better selection and we will have to go there next time.

After lunch, I continued reading and finished my book. Before you know it, it was 3:30 p.m. and we decided to head to the ship. The beach was definitely clearing out by now.

We all showered up and sat our verandah as we waiting to sail away. This is the saddest part of the cruise.

Our final dinner was at Enchanted Garden. We had received our tip envelopes and got them ready to hand out tonight as we would not be at breakfast. We always add extra cash especially when we are happy with the service. Our dining team was amazing and we wanted to recognize them.

I started with the Enchanted Garden Platter which was good. I also had the Wild Mushroom soup which the best soup of the cruise. For my entree I got the striploin which was just ok. For dessert I got the white chocolate bread pudding which was really good.

We said our goodbyes to our amazing crew and then went to do a midship detective activity. We always do this on the cruise and had not done it yet. This took about an hour to finish.

Afterwards we headed back to our room to finish packing and put our bags out.

.436D2B34-2658-4D27-A61C-D98758C3DA82.jpeg5F2378D1-E9D7-457D-A95F-FD3712B0FCE1.jpeg6379C0A0-8C3C-4EC7-BCFF-8DA601601599.jpeg35048AC7-86B9-4E01-850C-36E3D6A974CB.jpegC6A620A8-569D-4171-9C14-78B065E26BF2.jpegF5B95DDB-2CDB-4B52-B197-C55D5EDD9ABE.jpegC9DAAF96-6DA9-4476-BB5B-522F555EF640.jpegAD20464E-45F0-4F78-8D31-EAA6CA172C45.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter