our recent trip dining reviews

Sherri

DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>I never though
We wer on the dining plan and enjoyed it.
Our first stop was Whispering canyon cafe: Excellent sized portions. VERY accomadating to our needs. I am a Vegan and dd (13) is a vegetarian. It was no problem and very quick service. My DS(14) is a picky eater and did not see anything on the adult menu that appealed to him. They did give him a HUGE portion of grilled cheese and french fries no problem.
The milkshakes were included on the dining plan which was a plus for the kids and my dh. They were refillable and you could switch flavors each time.
I had the best non dairy ice-cream called tofutti.
Next night was Fiftys Cafe at MGM- WOW! What a great experience that was. They sent the out the chef to help with our vegetarian and vegan needs. It was a fun place. The waitress was outstanding. She put a bib on both kids, and when they didn't finish she told them to open up their mouths wide and fed them with the fork. The food was of plenty and I got my favorite tofutti choc. ice-cream.
Our third night we went to Coral Reef: The waiter was very snobby when we told him we were on the dinin plan. When he read that I was a vegan and knew that meant no dairy, he informed me that its not like I would die if I had dairy. Then hesitantly sent the chef out since he couldn't answer the question of weather or not I could get the vegetable struddle without dairy.
I was less then impressed with the chef. My son ordered pizza off of the kids menu (even though we paid for him as an adult on the dining plan) the waiter said he didn't know if he could do that as he was clearly not a child.
He checked with the chef and it was done. He gave us a hard time about using taking out 4 meals from one dining card (when thats what they told us to do each night at the whispering canyon cafe). My dd and I were in one room and ds and dh in the other, so we had two different cards but were told at WCC to just put in on one one night and the other the next.
We really didn't care how it was done but the waiter was acting as if we were trying to get away with something. The food was of small porportion (atleast the two LITTLE crepes that I had). So pretty much no effort was made on their part there. Dining plan or not, I would not go back.
Our next night we went to Spoodles- LOVED EVERYTHING about that place the waiter the chef, the food. That was over and beyond everyhing.
Last night was Teppiaki (not a great speller) but it was the place in Japan.
we LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. Everything was excellent.

Thanks for the reviews. Sorry about the rude waiter at Coral Reef.

Hi Sherri - welcome back!! Glad to hear about Spoodles, we're going for the first time in Nov.!! :cheer2:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews. What an awful thing for the waiter to say - sounds like the chef wasnt much better.

Maggs

Eeks! We have an ADR at Coral Reef and we're all vegetarians (not vegans as you are, though). I wonder if we should change it...
Did your daughter have the steudel then? And how was it?
What did they do about appetizers & desserts? Considering the service, I'm presuming they didn't offer anything beyond the boring-looking salad on the appetizer menu :guilty: I was planning to ask if they could offer anything more interesting...hope we get a different chef/waiter!
What was the waiter's name? If we get him, we'll run...
This makes me very nervous! CR is our last night ADR!

Thanks for the reviews. DD and I are both vegetarians and she is also allergic to eggs. What did you have at Spoodles? We ate there in January and they were quite accommodating to us. Sorry to hear about your bad experience at Coral Reef. We had horrible service when we ate there in January, but I can't believe that the server made it seem like a little dairy for you was no big deal! How rude!

Spaceacewannabe- I had the vegetable strudel (without the goat cheese) when we ate at Coral Reef in January. It was pretty good. The salad appetizer was actually quite good (and a refreshing change from all the heavy appetizers I had been eating on the dining plan!). I believe it was a mixed baby green salad with a key lime dressing. The desserts at Coral Reef were the best that we had at WDW! They were incredible!

Sherri said:
Our next night we went to Spoodles- LOVED EVERYTHING about that place the waiter the chef, the food. That was over and beyond everyhing.
Ooooh, what did you all get at Spoodles? What did they do "over and beyond"? We require elaboration :Pinkbounc

Thanks for sharing your reviews-we also enjoyed Spoodles. We also had the dining plan in June and did not experience any rudeness from waiters-sorry you had to put up with his attitude.

Thanks for the review. There is no excuse for the waiter at the Coral Reef. A waiter should never make the kind of comments that he made. I would write Disney a letter telling them about your experience there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter