Our Special Day at the Magic Kingdom (Won a Contest)

FarmBoy78

Mouseketeer
So, I've been meaning to put this together for awhile. It really doesn't fit anywhere better on this board, than Trip Reports, so I'll put it here and hope you guys enjoy.

The background: Disney selected 101 dogs to be a part of a special morning at Magic Kingdom, where all the dogs were dressed up as their favorite Disney character. It was to date the only time Disney has allowed non-service dogs into the park.

The long and short of it is that the day was a special morning that was being filmed as part of an Animal Planet TV special to air a few months later before Halloween. (He also has a 2 second cameo on national TV now too -- I think it may be going to his head. :smooth:) My dog's a big Lion King fan, so he dressed up as Simba. (I'm only half joking when I say "he" dressed up. I told my wife I would never dress my dog in silly clothes after she brought him home in a bandanna when he was just weeks old. Well, it turns out my dog loves and begs to be dressed up, from his tux at our wedding to an old t-shirt to pajamas to a Simba costume. He'll drag clothes out for us to get him dressed.)

As you can see in the video, he meets Dugg, Bolt, Stitch, etc. He and the other dogs were also allowed to walk around the park, visit the lands, and were very well taken care of by Disney. You can even see the "green carpet" and fire hydrants Disney put out for them. He also got a shot at pulling the sword out of the stone as you can see, but he failed. But he told me he was just trying to push the stone in further so no one could ever pull it out. I'm not sure I believe him, but when your dog tells you something, you believe it. ;)

So there you have it. No fancy restaurant report this time like my other reports. No hotel stays on property. No attractions. But a very fun, once-in-a-lifetime moment with my wife and dog. Hope you get a real big smile out of the video, because I sure did that day.

I love everything that is happening here! OMG!! What a fun experience!

Omg how awesome is this! So jealous that your pup got to meet Dug. I would love that experience for my golden! They'll be two peas in a pod lol.

Oh my goodness, how awesome! I would love to bring my dog to Disney...especially would love for him to meet Dug since that's who he's named after!

I talked to someone with a little knowledge of this before and Disney's general plans. They did say they were looking to do something similar in the future, but ultimately it boils down to do they have the right partner or advertising platform to make it worthwhile (though they noted it was really cheap and didn't impact normal operating hours at the park, so that wasn't as big a concern.) So who knows, maybe down the road. Don't expect it, but it's not a never gonna happen again thing with certainty.

So there you have it. No fancy restaurant report this time like my other reports. No hotel stays on property. No attractions. But a very fun, once-in-a-lifetime moment with my wife and dog. Hope you get a real big smile out of the video, because I sure did that day.

Looks like everyone had fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter