Over-planning? Loss of excitement...

I find the DAS actually helps this. We have one when we travel with my son, who needs it, and it means that, while we get Fps and so forth, I know that he will be able to do the rides he wants anyway (yes, with waiting, but waiting away from the queue is not a problem for him) It means that if I can't get the requested FP, at the requested time, we can probably solve it, with a little thought. I am not going to be getting a DAS when I go this trip, as I don't need one, and I am already more anxious about FP day!

This is where I'm struggling. I was able to get a DAS at Disneyland but it sounds like getting one at Disney World may be harder. According to the folks on the disability board, my issue is technicall a mobility issue and they will suggest I rent a wheelchair or an ECV. Neither of which I want to do. I am mobile, just limited in my ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time without pain. So now I'm stressing out. AARRGGHH!

This is where I'm struggling. I was able to get a DAS at Disneyland but it sounds like getting one at Disney World may be harder. According to the folks on the disability board, my issue is technicall a mobility issue and they will suggest I rent a wheelchair or an ECV. Neither of which I want to do. I am mobile, just limited in my ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time without pain. So now I'm stressing out. AARRGGHH!
That is stressful! We found it easy to get one for DS (but his issue is not mobility) in WDW, and also in DLP (where you need actual government proof) so, touring without one is going to be a new experience, although, touring without DS is going to be a new experience in a lot of other ways. I can definitely see the stress.

I had a moment like this a few months ago - we couldn't work out to fit in a few ADR's we wanted to do, hours weren't finalised etc and I had a bit of a meltdown when the planning just becomes too much. Just pulled myself together and reminded myself how lucky I am to have those problems and that I can vacation the way I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter