Packet pickup scenario questions

*DisneyDreamer

DIS Veteran
Hi all. I've got a couple of questions I'm hoping someone on here may have the answer to regarding bib pickup for runDisney. I'm not necessarily expecting concrete answers, since the scenarios I'm curious about are probably rare, but I want to ask.

Anyway, first a little background. I was at Wine and Dine this past weekend, and after what happened with the shortened race, I'm already thinking about possibilities for a second chance at runDisney. I feel like my runDisney experience is incomplete, since I didn't get to do the race I signed up for. In thinking about possibilities, I've got my heart set on Princess weekend in 2017 (first and foremost the half marathon, but possibly the Glass Slipper Challenge). But here's the tough part - I'm a teacher, so assuming I'm in the same position I am in now, that school year I would only have one personal day to take off to go down to Florida. If I do the Glass Slipper Challenge, that day off would have to be Friday to get to the expo before Saturday's 10K. Meaning a late Thursday or early Friday morning flight. I would be coming from Wisconsin - so in the middle of winter, I'm concerned about snow leading to flight delays/cancellations and wrecking the plans. So here are my 2 main questions:

1). If something happened to a flight due to weather and I couldn't get in until after expo close on Friday, are there any exceptions to race morning packet pickup? Has runDisney ever allowed people to pick up their things that morning if weather affected their travel?
2). If this wasn't a possibility and/or if I didn't get in until sometime on Saturday, but still in time to make the expo (meaning missing the 10K if signed up for the Glass Slipper Challenge), would Glass Slipper Challenge bibs still be available to pick up so I could at least still run the half marathon?

I know this race weekend is still quite a ways out, but registration would be next July so I want to get as much info as I can before then. Registering would be a big risk, so at this point I'm not sure I'd do it, but I want to ask.

Thanks to anybody who reads this and if you can give me any answers. :)

They do have race morning packet pick-up, they just don't like to advertise it. You'd get your bib that morning at the Information tent and then have to go to the expo to get your shirts and whatnot.

They do have race morning packet pick-up, they just don't like to advertise it. You'd get your bib that morning at the Information tent and then have to go to the expo to get your shirts and whatnot.
That's good to know, thanks!

For Wine and Dine one of those in my group was unsure of when she would be able to get to the expo,she may have made it late Friday,early Saturday or missed it entirely since it only went to 3pm.We called and they told us we could pick up at the race info tent Saturday night until 8pm.Luckily she made it by the end of Friday but as was stated earlier you can pick up at the race,they just dont want you to so they dont advertise it.

Last edited:

Piggybacking question:
I know you need your ID and waiver when you pick up your bib, but do you need an ID for shirt pickup?

If DH gets his bib on the race day (at the race site) and I go to the expo the next day for my bib, the kids bibs and shirts, will they let me pick his shirt up without him there? How does that work?

We're doing the SW dark side races and I'm trying to figure out the logistics. DH is running the 5K on Friday and I'm doing the 10K and the kids are doing the kids races on Saturday. I'd rather leave the kids with him at the pool and head to the expo by myself.

You show your bib to get the shirt. I don't know if they would have 5k shirts out afterwards.

I go to the expo alone if I'm the only one running, but IMO the expo is part of it for the participants so I say to bring them all. They are all participating, so bring them!

This is great news! I thought if you missed the Expo you were out of luck. We are going to be on a tight schedule driving down from MA in January with only a couple of hours to spare before the Expo closes. Nice to know I wont have to totally panic and speed to get there if something unexpected should happen to slow us down.

Hi all. I've got a couple of questions I'm hoping someone on here may have the answer to regarding bib pickup for runDisney. I'm not necessarily expecting concrete answers, since the scenarios I'm curious about are probably rare, but I want to ask.

Anyway, first a little background. I was at Wine and Dine this past weekend, and after what happened with the shortened race, I'm already thinking about possibilities for a second chance at runDisney. I feel like my runDisney experience is incomplete, since I didn't get to do the race I signed up for. In thinking about possibilities, I've got my heart set on Princess weekend in 2017 (first and foremost the half marathon, but possibly the Glass Slipper Challenge). But here's the tough part - I'm a teacher, so assuming I'm in the same position I am in now, that school year I would only have one personal day to take off to go down to Florida. If I do the Glass Slipper Challenge, that day off would have to be Friday to get to the expo before Saturday's 10K. Meaning a late Thursday or early Friday morning flight. I would be coming from Wisconsin - so in the middle of winter, I'm concerned about snow leading to flight delays/cancellations and wrecking the plans. So here are my 2 main questions:

1). If something happened to a flight due to weather and I couldn't get in until after expo close on Friday, are there any exceptions to race morning packet pickup? Has runDisney ever allowed people to pick up their things that morning if weather affected their travel?
2). If this wasn't a possibility and/or if I didn't get in until sometime on Saturday, but still in time to make the expo (meaning missing the 10K if signed up for the Glass Slipper Challenge), would Glass Slipper Challenge bibs still be available to pick up so I could at least still run the half marathon?

I know this race weekend is still quite a ways out, but registration would be next July so I want to get as much info as I can before then. Registering would be a big risk, so at this point I'm not sure I'd do it, but I want to ask.

Thanks to anybody who reads this and if you can give me any answers. :)
WooHoo Hello fellow Wisconsinite!

I know we have unpredictable weather here. I think you would be ok but like others have said if you do run into a delay you can get it the day of. Good luck and I hope your able to do the Glass slipper Challenge.

Piggybacking question:
I know you need your ID and waiver when you pick up your bib, but do you need an ID for shirt pickup?

If DH gets his bib on the race day (at the race site) and I go to the expo the next day for my bib, the kids bibs and shirts, will they let me pick his shirt up without him there? How does that work?

We're doing the SW dark side races and I'm trying to figure out the logistics. DH is running the 5K on Friday and I'm doing the 10K and the kids are doing the kids races on Saturday. I'd rather leave the kids with him at the pool and head to the expo by myself.
I usually just hand them the tab at the bottom of the bib for the t-shirt, they've never asked me for ID or to see the rest of the bib. Expedite the process is what I like to do.

WooHoo Hello fellow Wisconsinite!

I know we have unpredictable weather here. I think you would be ok but like others have said if you do run into a delay you can get it the day of. Good luck and I hope your able to do the Glass slipper Challenge.
Hi!

Thanks, and I hope I'm able to as well! At this point it's just a matter of whether I'll be able to make it work. It would have to be a really quick trip just to run and that's pretty much it, since it would involve leaving like I said late Thursday or early Friday and coming back Sunday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter