Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additional day-of Fastpasses are released at certain times of day for certain rides. Totally legit. I got 4 FOP FP when we were at WDW a couple weeks ago.

I knew this existed but never knew there was an official name for it. I actually use to think I found a nice little secret trick when I first figured it out bout 4-5 years ago cause everyone else I knew that went to wdw didn't know anything about it. I stay offsite so I only get to choose my fp until the 30 day mark and when FOP first came out I couldn't ever get a fp at first but after I got all my fp, I would go back every hour on the hour and every day and after about a week, it's like everything opened up and I would have the option for any fp including FOP and even all the time slots were available, it was so awesome. I could literally modify and get any fp at any time. For some reason, this all went away last year in the fall of 2018 and I've looked and looked from the day I get my fp rite up to the day I go and absolutely nothing. So not really sure what has changed.

... I stay offsite so I only get to choose my fp until the 30 day mark and when FOP first came out I couldn't ever get a fp at first but after I got all my fp, I would go back every hour on the hour and every day and after about a week, it's like everything opened up and I would have the option for any fp including FOP and even all the time slots were available, it was so awesome. ...
If you lucked upon a large number of fastpasses where none were before, right there for the choosing at the start of random hours, say 17 days in advance, or 9 days in advance or 2 days in advance, then that was due to some other mechanism instead of the "drops" we were referring to. The drops we were referring are for same day fastpasses only.

If you lucked upon a large number of fastpasses where none were before, right there for the choosing at the start of random hours, say 17 days in advance, or 9 days in advance or 2 days in advance, then that was due to some other mechanism instead of the "drops" we were referring to. The drops we were referring are for same day fastpasses only.

Oh, then yea, it was definitely something else then. Cause on day 30 in advance I would choose all my fp and I could never get FOP or Mine Train so I'd have to choose something else like Navi' River and Haunted Mansion. Then after all my fp were setup, I would go back in mde everyday and click on Navi' River and choose modify and eventually, say day 20 in advance, FOP would be available and I'm not talking like only 8pm at night available, every time slot from 9am to 9pm would be available. The same would be for Mine Train. I would then go through and modify all my fp and get exactly what I wanted and the times I wanted. I done this for years until my last xmas trip in 2018 when nothing at all came available. I'm not sure what this was but I really enjoyed it before it went away.

if this is infact implemented gives me all more reason to split my stay between onsite(small room) and offsite(big suite)

While I realize this is a rumor at best, I think we also know there's probably some grit behind this, too. I think the ultimate question for all of us is: will we be losing all free FP+? Will all FP+ have to be paid for now? Or, will we only have access to select rides for "free" and then have to pay for the "biggies"? This is something I'll be paying close attention to, as it's a deal breaker for us, if they move to a system like this.

I don’t think think they will be able to make any major changes to FP until 2021. Disney extended their contracts with Four Seasons and the Disney Springs hotels. I would think that that deal would legally prevent Disney from making any changes to the the current system that would devalue the benefit the guests of those hotels receive.

I don’t think think they will be able to make any major changes to FP until 2021. Disney extended their contracts with Four Seasons and the Disney Springs hotels. I would think that that deal would legally prevent Disney from making any changes to the the current system that would devalue the benefit the guests of those hotels receive.

I have no doubt that Disney has a contingency in their contracts that allow them to make any change they want. If they make the change this year, I can see it being similar to other major changes in the past: guests who have booked before a certain date will still be able to book their 3 FP+ as was advertised. Anyone booking after x-date will be subject to the new rules.

I have no doubt that Disney has a contingency in their contracts that allow them to make any change they want. If they make the change this year, I can see it being similar to other major changes in the past: guests who have booked before a certain date will still be able to book their 3 FP+ as was advertised. Anyone booking after x-date will be subject to the new rules.
Companies like Hilton don’t sign contracts that allow the other party to change the terms as they please.

Companies like Hilton don’t sign contracts that allow the other party to change the terms as they please.

Maybe not for others, but Disney has a lot more clout than Hilton. And we're talking one hotel, not a string of them. And furthermore, you're assuming Disney hasn't already notified Hilton (etc) of upcoming changes. It's very possible the newly renewed contract has the upcoming changes (if there are any) worked into them already.

Maybe not for others, but Disney has a lot more clout than Hilton. And we're talking one hotel, not a string of them. And furthermore, you're assuming Disney hasn't already notified Hilton (etc) of upcoming changes. It's very possible the newly renewed contract has the upcoming changes (if there are any) worked into them already. It's also possible that the new system may still allow 3 FP+, but second tier only. A change like that doesn't change Hilton's advertising at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter