Paid parking is coming to WDW resorts March 2018

Will the new resort parking fees impact your travel (planned or future)?

• Not at all

Votes: 234 28.6%
  • I might consider staying off site

Votes: 245 30.0%
  • I will keep my currently booked trip, but will not stay on site after that

Votes: 161 19.7%
  • I will cancel my booked trip and stay off site instead

Votes: 37 4.5%
  • I will not be returning to Disney parks in the foreseeable future

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 61 7.5%

• Total voters
If you say you are there to go to one of the restaurants sometimes you can get in, depends on how crowded the lots are

So you could say you are going to eat at Capt Cooks to part at the Poly and then go to MK instead
Oh Ok I see what your saying... but I've always stayed on property so I guess I've never thought about the dishonesty of others.

It already is fit into the cost of the resort, now they are just going to start double charging people for it and people will say "its cool, other hotels do this anyway" ... Yes, but other hotels don't charge what disney does, its already built in to the price, you are now going to be paying twice.
I guess people could turn it around on Disney.... hey part of your pool fountain isn't working. I'll be billing you (Disney) $15 per time I use the 100% non working correctly pool. Or hey elevator is out and I had to use stairs so I'm expecting deduction of $8 every time we use stairs unless we take stroller on stairs then we will deduct $12... ha ha

We are going 4 times this year and plan to go 4 times each year for the next 3 years at least. If I have to pay over 800 just to park we will not be staying on property. (which would save me a lot of money in the long run). I am willing to pay a premium to stay on property, but we are reaching my breaking point.

It already is fit into the cost of the resort, now they are just going to start double charging people for it and people will say "its cool, other hotels do this anyway" ... Yes, but other hotels don't charge what disney does, its already built in to the price, you are now going to be paying twice.

If they are now charging separate for it, technically you can't say it's built into the price. In essence, they took away something that people thought was built into the price, therefore decreasing the worth of what we are paying for when we stay at the hotel. Everybody loses!

As for other hotels don't charge what Disney does...well obviously Disney costs an arm and a leg (and now possibly a foot). But unfortunately the locations of their Deluxe hotels can't be beat. Being able to walk to Epcot and DHS from Yacht Club (especially after Star Wars opens) is priceless to us! Location, location, location.

Again, it all boils down to how you look at the vacation as someone else said. We don't go to Disney to see other parts of Florida. We go to WDW, stay in their hotels, use their transportation and go home. That's why we only go to WDW every few years.

Otherwise we book a separate trip to the parts of Florida we want to see - Miami, The Keys...

Well it depends on your length of stay and how much the fee is. It's looking like it could be the cost of a 10 day ticket for us if the fee is $20 or $25 per night as a few people have speculated. That's pretty significant.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

It adds up. I guess I'm used to parking fees and resort fees from staying offsite.

An extra $200 for a week's vacation is small? Especially when you're trip is booked in less than a month?

It's not small at all. Just relative to all of the other price increases, I don't see the big deal with this one in particular. Hopefully they don't add it to existing reservations

I'm not surprised since almost all major hotels charge a separate parking fee in most cities. Do I like it? Nope, we drive down, we use Disney transportation when we get there but we still drive down. We live in Georgia so it's only a 7 1/2 hour drive. I might could get a plane ticket for around the price of parking but then I would either have to pay to park my car at the Atlanta airport or pay someone to drive us to the Atlanta airport, which would probably end up costing more than the parking fee. I stay at Swan/Dolphin more often than not now days since even with their resort fee and parking fee it's less than the Epcot resorts and about equal to a moderate so why not stay in a semi-deluxe within walking distance to two parks. I do have an AP and have had for a number of years since I take multiple trips a year so fingers crossed there is some sort of discount at least for AP holders.

Another Georgian but with a 6.5 hour drive. I could probably get a plane ticket for the price of parking for the June trip but I'm not sure four of us will fit in one seat on the plane the way we fit in one truck :) No way I can get 4 tickets for the cost of driving. I still just feel like this is Disney going to far.

They have been charging resort guests for parking at the Disneyland resort hotels for years now. I'm surprised WDW has taken so long, to be honest. Not that I like it; I think it's super stingy.

Disneyland hotels charge $20/night I think. Valet is $30/day for resort guests. Non guests can only park for free for 3 hours with validation from a TS restaurant. Non guests using valet are charged $30 for the first hour, $10 per additional hour.

They have been charging resort guests for parking at the Disneyland resort hotels for years now. I'm surprised WDW has taken so long, to be honest. Not that I like it; I think it's super stingy.

Disneyland hotels charge $20/night I think. Valet is $30/day for resort guests. Non guests can only park for free for 3 hours with validation from a TS restaurant. Non guests using valet are charged $30 for the first hour, $10 per additional hour.

Can we please stop comparing Disneyland to Walt Disney World with parking. Disney resorts have more parking area than Disneyland has as a whole I am sure. WDW has the space and Disneyland doesn't. I can understand Disneyland charging to keep cars onsite at a minimum. But Disney World has a luxury of size and all this points to a cash gran plain and simple.

Allow me to add that if DVC point reservations aren't effected then I won't be nearly as effected. Doesn't mean I still don't think it's a really crappy move from a company that does seem to be trying to price out a certain group of people.

Can we please stop comparing Disneyland to Walt Disney World with parking. Disney resorts have more parking area than Disneyland has as a whole I am sure. WDW has the space and Disneyland doesn't. I can understand Disneyland charging to keep cars onsite at a minimum. But Disney World has a luxury of size and all this points to a cash gran plain and simple.

Some of us are just stating that we are not shocked by it because on the West coast we have been paying for it for a long time. Same company so for me I would think same practice. That's why I brought it up.

I don't think Disney transportation is up to the task of busing everyone. If this fee really does cause a change in people's habits (renting/having a car on property), I don't think Disney can keep up with it.

Depending on if/when they go live with this, they only have about a year until Skyliner goes online. At which point the buses covering the Pop, AoA, and CBR routes to Epcot and DHS can be dispersed to other hotels for transport. The need for buses at the IG resorts will also decline some (I can imagine most folks choosing to use Skyliner to DHS if it's faster/more effficient than the buses).

But why not? Disneyland hotels built in specific parking JUST for their guests, just like WDW did. They only started charging overnight guests in 2015. They never charged before that. They never allowed non guests to use the lots before and they still don't. There has not been a good justification for charging resort guests at DL. They just started doing it because they could. Like WDW will if this rumor is true. The comparison is fair.

It is not exactly fair when you have 3 resorts will still limited parking as opposed to 20 plus resorts with ample parking. I get what you are trying to say but it isn't a direct comparison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter