Paint the Night Dining Packages

DellyHoliday

Earning My Ears
Reservations for Paint the Night Dining Packages are up on Disneyland website.

Carthay Circle Restaurant
Bring your appetite, because food takes center stage at this iconic, Golden Era-movie-palace-turned-signature-dining destination! Swoon over eclectic, Southern California cuisine that features seafood, meat and vegetarian options made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients.

Each Dining Package includes a full-service, 4-course dinner from the prix fixe menu plus one voucher for guaranteed seating at a reserved Paint the Night viewing area next to the restaurant. Space is limited and reservations are recommended.

Package Details
Dinner – starting at $99 for adults; $45 for children (ages 3 to 9)
All Paint the Night reserved viewing areas are separate from actual dining locations. Required theme park admission, taxes and gratuities are not included in package prices.

Wine Country Trattoria
Savor the flavors of Napa Valley or Tuscany with a menu of delicious California- and Mediterranean-inspired dishes. Complement your meal with a bottle from our vast wine selection for an authentic epicurean experience. (Additional charges apply.)

Each Dining Package includes a full-service, 3-course lunch or dinner from the prix fixe menu plus one voucher to a Paint the Night reserved viewing area. Space is limited and reservations are recommended.

Package Details
Lunch – starting at $38 for adults; $21 for children (ages 3 to 9)
Dinner – starting at $49 for adults; $25 for children (ages 3 to 9)
All Paint the Night reserved viewing areas are separate from actual dining locations. Required theme park admission, taxes and gratuities are not included in package prices.

I was planning on making a reservation at Carthay Circle but $99 sounds pretty steep. What do you think?

Looks like the Wine Country is STANDING viewing and for Carthay Circle is SEATED but is that on the ground or a chair!?? They say that in the "Know before you go" section. There is also a dessert party listed for Sonoma Terrance where it indicates one seat is provided per package so I am thinking that is on a chair? That one is $79 BUT it includes taxes and tip so it's also intriguing.

Last edited:

I snagged Carthay Circle. I figure that by Friday night (my last night there), when it is going to be as crowded as I expect, I'll think $100 for a seat, regardless of if it's in a chair or on the ground will be welcome.

I was also able to finally get a Fantasmic Package for 4/10 (Something I'd been trying to do for a week. The website seems wonky and it took several tried, but I got it.

I really wish they would price the mid-range kids differently. I have two 10 year olds that will never eat a three course meal so paying $99 before tax for each of them is completely a waste. It seems to me like they could easily add a 10-12 age price range on all this stuff for $75 or something. But of course, I know they are there to make money so it will never happen. I won't be doing this though. $600 for our family of 6 to watch the parade, just doesn't work out. Having a large family and Disney never really does though! Lol.

How necessary is a package to seeing the parade? We never do packages for MSEP at WDW.
Parades-probably not really necessary. The parade route at DCA is pretty long, and plenty of places to wait to see it. I think as long as you get there with plenty of time, you should have your pick of spots. The one that I absolutely recommend is Fantasmic, because that's the only way to get a seated spot. Even dining package for World of Color isn't really necessary (ie, I say, if you are going to that restaurant anyways, might as well get the WOC package, but don't schedule it specifically for WOC) because there are large Fastpass areas, and if you wait for the later show, you can usually walk right up and get a good view in standby.

We are going in June. Will there be WOC and PTN on the same night? Could you do a lunch package for one and a dinner package for the other if you only have one night available?

We are going in June. Will there be WOC and PTN on the same night? Could you do a lunch package for one and a dinner package for the other if you only have one night available?

Yes, WOC and PTN are supposed to run on the same nights. No one knows the exact answer yet about how the scheduling will work with the dining packages since WOC and PTN have never before run on the same night in DCA. WOC is supposed to be back from hiatus in June (no official date given -- the guess/hope is that it will be back for the opening of Pixar Pier on June 23rd). Keep checking the entertainment calendar to see the schedule for your trip date. If there will be 2 parades and 2 WOC shows that night, then you could easily see the first WOC with a dining package and the second PTN without a package.
If you want to do a dining package for a show, I would do one for WOC (although, technically, you can get good viewing with a free FP if you are willing to invest the time to wait for a good spot). Based on what I saw this past weekend, there were lots of viewing spots available for PTN an hour before the first parade. It was even better for the second parade. People have posted here that they did the WCT package and felt that people across the way in standby spots had better viewing for free.

Does anyone have the link to the menu for CC for this? I thought I had it but now can't find it.

I 100% agree with the other reviews that the viewing area for WCT was poor, I actually just sent off a long email with constructive criticism for the experience. Beyond the actual location not being "prime" they never took down the ropes and we had an obstructed view of the parade, the flags on the ropes didn't say reserved so people kept trying to come into the area and there weren't enough cast members to turn them away so 3 of us guests strategically spaced ourselves out and "policed" the section (when I told the cast member about this problem she asked that I go to guest relations and complain, I didn't have time with 2 tired kids, so I sent an email through the website instead).

the actual CHAIRS for the Carthay Circle viewing area looked divine, and I would easily spend $99 a person if it were just the husband and myself, BUT there was no way I was spending $45 a kid for those seats (especially when at least 1 kid would end up on one of our laps).

And I also agree with the PP poster, there were plenty of front row spots about an hour to 90 minutes prior to the parade starting as I walked from the Swings down to the WCT viewing area. And this was on a Friday night (4/20).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter