Palm Springs in Feb

Moomduck1

DIS Veteran
Hi,
My hubby has a conference in Palm Springs this Feb for a few days. We have never been there! Any suggestions? I think we are staying at the Hilton. We wanted to fly into Ontario, CA (flying SW because we'll have free airfare). How long of a drive would it be? We were thinking of extending the trip and then spending a few days at DL. Any idea of how long the drive would be from Palm Springs to DL? Thanks!

Depending on traffic, it will take about 2 to 3 hours to get from Ontario airport to Palm Springs and then again to DL. While you're in Palm Springs, consider taking the tramway up San Jacinto. It is beautiful at the top.

We are leaving on our California trip on the 15th and returning on the 30th. We'll be staying in Palm Springs (as our home base). We'll be spending 3 days at Disney (staying off site at the BW Anaheim Inn) as well as driving to the other Southern California theme parks.

So once I return, I can give you the low down on activities in the area and driving times etc. We are prepared for long hours in the van, but are used to that kind of thing already.

We are leaving on our California trip on the 15th and returning on the 30th. We'll be staying in Palm Springs (as our home base). We'll be spending 3 days at Disney (staying off site at the BW Anaheim Inn) as well as driving to the other Southern California theme parks.

So once I return, I can give you the low down on activities in the area and driving times etc. We are prepared for long hours in the van, but are used to that kind of thing already.

Which hotel are you staying at in Palm Springs? I will be heading to DL in May and I am planning on going to Joshua Tree prior to DL. So I was thinking about staying in Palm Springs for a night since it is only 45 minutes from Joshua Tree. On the second night, I will be driving to VGC after spending the day in Joshua Tree because I have enough points left for that night.

Which hotel are you staying at in Palm Springs? I will be heading to DL in May and I am planning on going to Joshua Tree prior to DL. So I was thinking about staying in Palm Springs for a night since it is only 45 minutes from Joshua Tree. On the second night, I will be driving to VGC after spending the day in Joshua Tree because I have enough points left for that night.
We are actually going to be staying at the Marriott Shadow Ridge. We are time share owners with interval international and have exchanged into here.

So we have returned from our fabulous California vacation.......sigh!

Anyhow, Palm Springs was awesome! I would definitely recommend staying there. It was so relaxing. The surroundings are gorgeous and it has a homey feel to it. The traffic is very easy to navigate here. And if you are a shopper, the outlets in Cabazon(about15 minutes west) are AMAZING!! My DH, BIL and I all replaced our wardrobes for a very minimal amount of $$$!

The trip to DLR was an easy one. It took us just under 2hr and that was with traffic(we left PS at 7:30 and so were in the thick of rush hour). It really did not seem that long though as you are in new surroundings and have a lot to look at.

If we had to plan all over again, I would do the same thing in a heartbeat. We also went to Universal Studios and Seaworld from PS. We made it to Universal in pretty much 2hrs and Seaworld in 2 1/4 hrs.

Hope that helps on some decision making!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter