Palo brunch favorites?

The Almond Croissant is amazing. And I asked for and received the no-longer-offered Rum Raisin Pancakes this spring on the Wonder. Yum...

We were able to get the grape and gorgonzola pizza on our cruise back in March. This was on the Dream.

We were able to get the grape and gorgonzola pizza on our cruise back in March. This was on the Dream.

It's not unusual for off-menu requests to be honored. But, it can be denied.

I didn't even ask on the Magic in Feb because it sounded disgusting when it was on the menu. When I ordered my gluten-free sausage flatbread, my server asked how adventurous I was. I said "No fish of any type and no mushrooms and we're good." When he brought my flatbread it was 1/2 sausage and 1/2 grape and Gorgonzola. I may ask for this on the Wonder as they really complimented each other. But I will be fine with just sausage if they say no.

Don't forget to get some of the honeycomb to go with the hard cheeses (especially the parmesan reggiano).

And remember you and your tablemate (friend / spouse) can SHARE the main entree's - so you can try more things that way. :tongue: ::yes::

Eggs Benedict w/ the b'fast buffet foods, then the lasagna w/ the lunch type food. On the buffet, the almond croissant is awesome.....big, but awesome (I eat the middle goody part).

Then, a few laps around the ship and take the stairs

Chicken parm, sticky buns, and the eggplant wrapped feta (and I really don't normally like eggplant).

I think hubby and I are the only ones that didn't care for the chicken parm. We ordered something else and they brought it out to us in addition to our ordered food. We had a few bites but weren't blown away with how good it was. Not something I would ever order. We felt bad only eating about 1/4 of it, but we technically never asked for it. I noticed on some Youtube videos and menus for the Fantasy that the artichoke ravioli isn't on there. Is that cruise specific, they had it on the Wonder this April.

This is making me hungry! I now can not wait for Palo Brunch on my upcoming 10/2 cruise out of NYC to Canada.

It's been years since we did the brunch but I just remember the abundance of food and how delicious. I love the tables of cheeses and small plates, plus the desserts, yummy.

Prayers for everyone affected by Irma. I am so happy we are heading north!

We thought of a few more questions for all you Palo Brunch veterans out there. Is there anything hot on the buffet tables or is it all cold? What type of crab is usually on the buffet, king, snow, stone, etc.. and is it hot or chilled? Is creme brulle on the buffet/menu? Thank you all again for all your responses, we really love passing the time till our cruise reading all the great info all you DISboarders share. :)

We just booked brunch at Palo on the Wonder. It will be our first time ever eating there. From what I have seen online Palo offers quite a few items during brunch. Is there anything we need to make sure we try? From what I have read online quite a few people love the chicken parmesan and the discontinued grape and gorgonzola pizza. Any other things that are favorites or must try items?
I didn't care for the chicken parmesan. But the buffet selections were great.

We thought of a few more questions for all you Palo Brunch veterans out there. Is there anything hot on the buffet tables or is it all cold? What type of crab is usually on the buffet, king, snow, stone, etc.. and is it hot or chilled? Is creme brulle on the buffet/menu? Thank you all again for all your responses, we really love passing the time till our cruise reading all the great info all you DISboarders share. :)
I don't remember any hot items on the buffet at Palo. Of course, the entrees ordered off the menu are hot.

The buffet is largely appetizers/cheeses/salads, with a separate dessert table, but no table of hot entrees if that's what you mean? Those all have to be ordered via your server. I'm struggling to remember any hot appetizers; just warm pastry. The seafood was chilled. I could see that being something that varies by ship and itinerary, but I am a dork who refuses to deal with shells in my nice clothes so I can't help with the crab type.

I don't remember creme brulee at Palo. Pretty sure DH had it in the MDRs at some point. Other than adornments like cookies on top, it's naturally gluten-free, so it's one of the few things he can usually eat (he has celiac disease and can't have gluten). They had to make him a special dessert at Palo, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the buffet.

The buffet is largely appetizers/cheeses/salads, with a separate dessert table, but no table of hot entrees if that's what you mean? Those all have to be ordered via your server. I'm struggling to remember any hot appetizers; just warm pastry. The seafood was chilled. I could see that being something that varies by ship and itinerary, but I am a dork who refuses to deal with shells in my nice clothes so I can't help with the crab type.

I don't remember creme brulee at Palo. Pretty sure DH had it in the MDRs at some point. Other than adornments like cookies on top, it's naturally gluten-free, so it's one of the few things he can usually eat (he has celiac disease and can't have gluten). They had to make him a special dessert at Palo, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the buffet.

They do have some GF desserts on the buffet at Palo, but you are correct no creme brûlée at either brunch or dinner. It is on the rotational menu for Triton's/Lumiere's/Royal Court/Royal Palace.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter