Palo brunch favorites?

I can post pictures of the buffet if you like. I know I took a bunch in 2015 and a few more in 2016 both on the Fantasy.

They do have some GF desserts on the buffet at Palo, but you are correct no creme brûlée at either brunch or dinner. It is on the rotational menu for Triton's/Lumiere's/Royal Court/Royal Palace.
I still can't understand why some of the things were deemed unsafe (such as the champagne jelly thing), but DH was told he could only safely eat the chocolate-covered strawberries on the buffet. This was on the Wonder. I can only guess everything else had cross-contamination issues, which could have been chef-specific, ship-specific, or something else entirely. It was curious.

I think hubby and I are the only ones that didn't care for the chicken parm. We ordered something else and they brought it out to us in addition to our ordered food. We had a few bites but weren't blown away with how good it was. Not something I would ever order. We felt bad only eating about 1/4 of it, but we technically never asked for it. I noticed on some Youtube videos and menus for the Fantasy that the artichoke ravioli isn't on there. Is that cruise specific, they had it on the Wonder this April.
You are not the only one. I did not care for it either. Like the lasagna much better.

I still can't understand why some of the things were deemed unsafe (such as the champagne jelly thing), but DH was told he could only safely eat the chocolate-covered strawberries on the buffet. This was on the Wonder. I can only guess everything else had cross-contamination issues, which could have been chef-specific, ship-specific, or something else entirely. It was curious.

Yeah, very weird. We were on the Magic, and I was told the chocolate covered strawberries, the champagne (or proseco?) gelatin and berries, the chocolate/coffee mousse thing, and the panna cotta were all safe.

It will be interesting to see what they say on the Wonder in February.

(I have a picture of my plate, but I am on my phone and cannot figure out how to get the link to it (on FB) from the app (or going website version on the phone) or from my pics on my phone.)

Last edited:
Yeah, very weird. We were on the Magic, and I was told the chocolate covered strawberries, the champagne (or proseco?) gelatin and berries, the chocolate/coffee mousse thing, and the panna cotta were all safe.

Report back b/c we're back on her in June! :) It wasn't even that they were garnished with unsafe things. He survived with his gorgeous special dessert.

(I have a picture of my plate, but I am on my phone and cannot figure out how to get the link to it (on FB) from the app (or going website version on the phone) or from my pics on my phone.)

For me also on the Magic and Wonder was offered all those dessert items while needing GF. Also going on the Wonder in January and will be surprised if it's different.

Brunch vs Dinner- DW and I enjoyed dinner in Palo a few years ago. An amazing experience that was a very romantic date. I am curious why so many prefer brunch. While the food looks wonderful, I do not get excited about getting a little dressed up for a meal that early in the day while I am on a cruise. I would like to hear from those that have done both and choose brunch over dinner. Is it the menu (chicken parm seems to be almost everyone's favorite), is it because we all have dinner every day but brunch is a special thing, even on land, or is it something else? I hope to enjoy Palo again in about 16 months and wonder which meal I should choose.

Brunch vs Dinner- DW and I enjoyed dinner in Palo a few years ago. An amazing experience that was a very romantic date. I am curious why so many prefer brunch. While the food looks wonderful, I do not get excited about getting a little dressed up for a meal that early in the day while I am on a cruise. I would like to hear from those that have done both and choose brunch over dinner. Is it the menu (chicken parm seems to be almost everyone's favorite), is it because we all have dinner every day but brunch is a special thing, even on land, or is it something else? I hope to enjoy Palo again in about 16 months and wonder which meal I should choose.
I prefer the brunch, because it's more "my" type of food, with a lot of choices. I'm not a really big fan of Italian food, per se. Now, that's because the first time we did Palo dinner the menu was different than it is now. A lot more heavily into the Italian style. The "new" menu I find more to my liking. But I still prefer brunch.

Daytime = better views. Dress is a bit more casual (more "garden party" than "fancy"). And it gives my tummy more time to digest the copious amounts of food I've eaten before going to sleep.

Last edited:

I enjoy both meals at Palo, but brunch is my favorite. There are so many options to choose from, something for everyone. I love the oceanview, our tradition is to go to Palo on our first sea day. We will be in Palo 2 weeks from today with our daughter and son in law and his parents who will be on their very first Disney Cruise, can't wait for them to see what we go on and on about all time!!

I think that you are able to book both a dinner and a brunch Palo reservation now when you do your online bookings. Maybe book one of each and see which one you prefer. We liked the dinner better, but it looks like the brunch has changed, for the better, since we last had it on the ship quite a few years ago. May just have to give it another try, too.

I'm trying not to get too excited for Palo brunch and this thread is not helping. It looks amazing!!!!

First time cruiser (4 nights, only 1 sea day) so I'm not terribly optimistic I'll be able to score a reservation.

I'm trying not to get too excited for Palo brunch and this thread is not helping. It looks amazing!!!!

First time cruiser (4 nights, only 1 sea day) so I'm not terribly optimistic I'll be able to score a reservation.

When you get on the ship you will have a chance to book on embarkation day. If you can't book it in advance give it a try.

Last year we had to rearrange our plans last minute and booked our cruise 3 weeks before sale date. We got on and were able to book Palo no problem.

As far as seating for the brunch, are you seated with other people at one big table or are you at a table with just your party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!